C.H. Guenther & Son

Add Photos

Dale W. Tremblay

Pleasan Place to Work, but Deep Family Background

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsMost of the leadership has a lot of experience outside the company. Very respectful of their employees, compensation is good, benefits OK. San Antonio is a very pleasant city, and much bigger than most realize.

ConsDeep family background that can make realtionships more important than getting things done, causes frequent frustration. Some in upper management and leadership positions have little experience outside the company which limits their mgt skils and ability to think out of the box.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand what the business does well, and make those core competencies. Challenge everything else that is being done, employees find it difficult to bring new ideas forward.Get your leaders out of details and have them trust and empower their employees!

Great company if you can't find a job at one at the better companies in San Antonio

Senior Mgt (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsBusy culture with good exposure to the food industry at the lower levels. Promotions to next level are easy for those willing to comply.

ConsUpper management is focused on their own well being. They will sacrifice anyone or anything to stay in their positions. Owners of the company are not involved and give too much discretion to a management team that isn't very good.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the interest of the sharehoders first and foremost, get more indistry knowledge on the team.

It was a great place to learn.

Manager (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsIt is family business with great growth potential.

ConsIt is a small company.

Advice to Senior Managementkey up the good work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

First job in the industry

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits were good when I worked there, 401K with matching
    Seemed to be room for advancement as Supervisor positions were vacated fairly often
    Immediate supervisors and managers were great people to work for and with and supported me.

ConsDisconnect between workforce and management
    Coming home smelling like flour and dough; wearing industrial type uniform
    Less prestigious work than most colleagues from college

Advice to Senior Managementno advice that I could offer. I worked there quite some time ago, and was not dissatisfied when I left.

Worked for C.H. Guenther & Son? Contribute to the Community!