C.H. Robinson Worldwide Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
C.H. Robinson Worldwide Chairman & CEO John P. Wiehoff
John P. Wiehoff

Pros
  • Large global company, Good Benefits, Somehow make it on best places to work due to severe emails we get daily from the PR people to vote (in 33 reviews)

• Very fast-paced; no two days are the same (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of coverage (work/life balance) (in 29 reviews)

• long hours depending on the season (in 49 reviews)

1. Good Company w/ Benefits, sometimes overworked

Former Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL

Pros

Strong team, competitive, fast-paced learning environment. A person will learn how to problem solve and come up with creative solutions fast.

Cons

Compensation doesn't seem enough for the hours and white hairs. Sometimes management isn't clear on goals and lacks leadership. Much turnover, and disorganization at times.

Advice to Management

Maybe a goal to retain employees needs to be put in place. More guidelines and fewer exceptions to the rules.

2. Account Managment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, TX

I have been working at C.H. Robinson Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Able to make decisions on your own and run your accounts how you want to run them. Relaxed environment. Upper management finally starting to give employees good training and direction to get to the next level.

Cons

Lots of changes going on right now for the good. I see where the company wants to go. However, the office that I work in is behind in implementing the changes that the rest of the network is doing.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to check in more closely to see if the General Managers are actually implementing corporate driven changes at the office level.

Analyst

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, excellent benefits, solid pay. The Sales positions have the ability to make some big money, as they drive the company forward. I would recommend CH to anyone looking to get into the Logistics business.

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities for people in operations/accounting. Will likely have to relocate to to their corporate headquarters to be able to gain a promotion

Advice to Management

I think management does a great job letting people work on their own and staying out of your way unless you request help. I would advise there to be a better compensation or bonus plan for non-sales people

5. Good entry level job but not much else

Current Employee - Transportation Representative in Lisle, IL
    Current Employee - Transportation Representative in Lisle, IL

Pros

-Laid back fun work environment -Caring and understanding managers -Young office and employees -Real work (not your typical entry level job) -Fast paced/always something to do

Cons

-Sometimes too fast -Long hours (most people stay longer than their shift) -Not valued or recognized for work -Office very unprofessional i.e. swearing, yelling, and even some employees in work out clothes -Easy mobility laterally but upward mobility hard

Advice to Management

Have a consistent SOP in all teams and focus on mutual respect for coworkers with a more professional office. Most important look on ways to show that you value your employees

6. Good Company to Grow Experience

Pros

They really enjoy growing their employees and advancing from within.

Cons

Unless your in sales or an actually branch, your personal needs to grow will not be met.

7. Not glamorous, but it's a job

Former Employee - Account Management in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Account Management in Denver, CO

I worked at C.H. Robinson Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has solid benefits, 401k match, stock options (after some tenure), and generally a young workforce. I mostly liked the people I worked with and have made lasting relationships.

Cons

The actual job is a grind, not a ton of room for advancement. As an account manager, they mostly just want you to hammer the phones & make more sales. Not mentally engaging, and doesn't vary day to day.

Advice to Management

Try to make CH robinson a more enjoyable place to work. Perhaps a more individualized commission structure that rewards employee effort rather than whole office numbers. Depending on office size, we may have very little impact on entire office performance.

8. Good Company

Current Employee - Logistics in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Logistics in Dallas, TX

I have been working at C.H. Robinson Worldwide (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Casual dress attire.

Cons

Salary doesn't increase if office doesn't grow. Regardless of individual performance.

9. Great place to start your career

I worked at C.H. Robinson Worldwide full-time

Pros

My time at CHR was great. I learned so much in such a short amount of time. I loved that each day there was a new challenge, and I was forced to really think out side of the box. For some that much pressure might be too stressful. This company is definitely sink or swim, with the amount of responsibilities you will have to keep under control. Again, I loved the pressure I felt like I could really shine had I chosen to stay there longer. The people were great, I made a ton of new friends.

Cons

The reason I didn't stay longer was simply pay. I was promised a raise in X amount of months and when that didn't happen I found another company that would hire me for the pay I was looking for. My manager did counteroffer but I was told by HR that if I were to accept their offer and stay at CH, that I would no longer be eligible to move up for over 2 years. Unfortunately that didn't sit well with me. I do not believe a company should flat out tell you that you are accepting a position, but not allowed to grow.

Advice to Management

Embrace your employees. I would still be there today if I felt the people above me had my best interest in mind. I'm at a company now that encourages their employees to strive for more.

10. +

I have been working at C.H. Robinson Worldwide full-time

Pros

Good culture, becoming increasingly sales driven. Takes hard work but can pay off. Good compensation plan to keep employees motivated.

Cons

Difficult industry often working off low margins. Company is beginning to incentive employees which will help overall success.

Advice to Management

Continue on path of improvement - continue to acquire new organizations and build on an already strong value prop

11. Operations Representative

Current Employee - Operations Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at C.H. Robinson Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Security Medical/dental benefits steady schedule Paid time off Holidays off room for growth

Cons

sitting down all day constantly monitored

Advice to Management

Need better training transitioning into each position

RSS Feed </> Embed