C.H. Robinson Worldwide

C.H. Robinson Worldwide Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

C.H. Robinson Worldwide Chairman, President, and CEO John P. Wiehoff

John P. Wiehoff

Pros
  • Wear what you want, decent pay, good benefits, a lot of vacation time (in 26 reviews)

• Fun culture, fast-paced environment, access to big projects, good 401k (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • When other reviewers say that there is a bad work/life balance, take it seriously (in 28 reviews)

• Long hours, repetitive work, sometimes very stressful situations (in 40 reviews)

More Highlights

Summer Intern in the produce transportation division

Intern Sales (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsVery laid back culture, everyone that works there likes to keep the atmosphere light. Also it is very stimulating work, as challenges pop up and have to be dealt with right away

Consoften there is a lot of downtime, and also if you work there you always have to be responsible for answering your emails.

Great Company

Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat starting salary. Opportunity to grow as an employee and continue to learn. The atmosphere is good as well.

ConsPromotions seemed less merit based and more focused on time at the company. Benefits are standard and nothing special.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the good work but focus more on skills, talents, and accomplishments as opposed to tenure. I feel that this will attract more talented employees.

Great Environment

Outside Sales Intern (Former Employee)

ProsGreat team environment that allowed for professional development and growth. Days flew by, but in a good manner. There was always work to be done, and great people to do it with.

ConsThe only con would have been the availability of a position I wanted to be involved with immediately.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Manager

Account Manager (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsAllowed to choose own career path
    Easy to become account Management

ConsLong hours
    Can get repetitive
    Have to work round the clock, checking and answering emails

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay and recognition

Customs Entry Writer

Entry Writer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood Work/Life Balance. Good Hours

ConsWorking with people that have 0 education.

Advice to Senior Managementpost for jobs that are supervisory positions, don't just give them to people

Great culture, great people to work with. IT department is very politically charged.

IT Supervisor (Current Employee) Eden Prairie, MN

ProsMonetary benefits are good. Additional benefits are some of the best in the business. Has a great culture to work in over all.

ConsUpper level leadership can be very political, and can make it difficult to work with or understand top priorities. New IT building is nice, but the open concept means things get very loud. Very few paid holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is very diverse and aggressive. This makes unifying IT's objectives very challenging. Leadership needs to provide a strong unified plan to provide IT with a better sense of direction.

It's a great place work and learn the industry

Capacity Account Manager (Current Employee) Charleston, SC

ProsIt's an exciting work environment. It is challenging from day to day, constantly changing.

ConsIt is non stop from the time you walk in until the time you walk out. Taking a break for lunch is almost more stressful than it is worth because you will be behind when you get back

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more

Operations Rep

Operations Representative (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsYou stay busy and time goes by fast

ConsYou stay busy and time goes by fast

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate and help don't just yell.

Good for an entry level job

SIC Department (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsQuick training
    Easy job
    Many time schedules since they are open 365 24/7

ConsMicro manage everything
    You must ask to leave your phone for everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop requiring to have SIC employees to ask to go to the rest room, we're all adults! It's pretty degrading to have to ask to go. Also, if you're more than one minute late from break you must email a floor manager....

I had a very positive experience while there, however they had no part-time jobs , hence that's why I'm not there.

Billing Clerk- Indexer (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe office culture was nice, rules are set out clearly, I saw no drama people were very welcoming to me as a temp employee. I had excellent training.

Cons( I was a Indexer (billing Clerk) ) The mandatory overtime, the possibility of getting carpal tunnel syndrome while doing my job. The levels of doing originally 175 documents per hour was cool ( of course you had to watch the errors ) then it started to be said that they wanted us to make 200 per hour however that's when we would make errors, and in some cases serious errors.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you push your people to go above 200 you are going to run into serious problems, and since the paperwork does change it can become problematic for those who are learning how to do the job.

Worked for C.H. Robinson Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!