C.H. Robinson Worldwide

C.H. Robinson Worldwide Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

C.H. Robinson Worldwide Chairman, President, and CEO John P. Wiehoff

John P. Wiehoff

Pros:
  • "Fun culture, fast-paced environment, access to big projects, good 401k"
    in 25 reviews
  • "Relaxed environment , helpful management ,great training , matching 401k , good benefits"
    in 25 reviews
Cons:
  • "When other reviewers say that there is a bad work/life balance, take it seriously"
    in 27 reviews
  • "Long hours, repetitive work, sometimes very stressful situations"
    in 38 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Environment

Outside Sales Intern (Former Employee)

ProsGreat team environment that allowed for professional development and growth. Days flew by, but in a good manner. There was always work to be done, and great people to do it with.

ConsThe only con would have been the availability of a position I wanted to be involved with immediately.

I had a very positive experience while there, however they had no part-time jobs , hence that's why I'm not there.

Billing Clerk- Indexer (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThe office culture was nice, rules are set out clearly, I saw no drama people were very welcoming to me as a temp employee. I had excellent training.

Cons( I was a Indexer (billing Clerk) ) The mandatory overtime, the possibility of getting carpal tunnel syndrome while doing my job. The levels of doing originally 175 documents per hour was cool ( of course you had to watch the errors ) then it started to be said that they wanted us to make 200 per hour however that's when we would make errors, and in some cases serious errors.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you push your people to go above 200 you are going to run into serious problems, and since the paperwork does change it can become problematic for those who are learning how to do the job.

Smart Business Model. Long Hours. Probably worth it.

Freight Broker (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsSeem to be on leading edge.

ConsLong Hours. Nice office.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to word more. Senior management solicited my training group's feedback regarding our managers under the promise of anonymity, then blabbed to our managers.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Operations Rep

Operations Representative (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsYou stay busy and time goes by fast

ConsYou stay busy and time goes by fast

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate and help don't just yell.

Good for an entry level job

SIC Department (Current Employee)

ProsQuick training
    Easy job
    Many time schedules since they are open 365 24/7

ConsMicro manage everything
    You must ask to leave your phone for everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop requiring to have SIC employees to ask to go to the rest room, we're all adults! It's pretty degrading to have to ask to go. Also, if you're more than one minute late from break you must email a floor manager....

You can choose your career path

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgrowth potential
    large company with many locations
    nice people

Conslong hours and hard to move up unless you move

Transportation Sales Rep.

Transportation Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGood Work life/ personal life balance, when you leave at the end of the day, no need to worry about work until the next day. People are for the most part enjoyable to work with.

ConsLack of opportunities, not overly intellectually stimulating, work is easy and gets boring quick. Starting pay is ridiculously low, but gets better fairly quickly. I wouldn't want to spend my career with Robinson, but overall a good place to start out.

Victims of change... the familiar tale of an acquisition gone poorly substandard.

Sales Executive - Global Forwarding (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsInternal resources are vast and often differing, strength in pricing/procurement is strong due to size of organization, however, lack of continuity. Many tremendously talented people caught and stuck in a vortex of change.

ConsUnpleasant lack of harmony and dissent between CHRobinson 'legacy' and Phoenix International 'legacy' employees. Culture shift from family-owned culture to 'do as I say' Corporate atmosphere. Integration Plans were impressive, however, feel well short in ( shared ) Domestic and International vision cohesion.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep Domestic and Global operations separate. Immediately develop territories for Domestic. The days of CHRobinson ( Domestic ) operating in a 'telemarketing' framework does not support or compliment service integrity or customer satisfaction culture expected of a professional structured culture. Lastly, both International and Domestic modes do NOT fit into ( 1 ) operation system aka Navisphere.

Good place to learn about business & technology.

Programmer Analyst (Former Employee)
    Eden Prairie, MN

ProsI had a great boss, and good opportunity to learn about different divisions of the company. There are rewarding technology projects to work on in the IT department.

ConsSometimes IT management is a little bureaucratic and makes you jump through unnecessary hoops.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more casual with your dress code, if people can earn stickers to wear jeans and a Vikings sweatshirt on any day the stricter dress code doesn't matter for the rest of us.

Buyer

ProsLaid back atmosphere, decent pay. The people are a lot of fun to work with.

ConsMobility within the company, not many opportunities to move up or move around.

Worked for C.H. Robinson Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at C.H. Robinson Worldwide reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for C.H. Robinson Worldwide CEO John P. Wiehoff. All 296 reviews posted anonymously by C.H. Robinson Worldwide employees.