C.H. Robinson Worldwide Reviews

408 reviews filtered by
3.2
C.H. Robinson Worldwide Chairman, President, and CEO John P. Wiehoff
John P. Wiehoff

Pros
  • good benefits, exicitng work environment, opp for advancement (in 33 reviews)

• fast paced, high energy, great people (for the most part), little to no micro-management (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • When other reviewers say that there is a bad work/life balance, take it seriously (in 29 reviews)

• Long hours, can be stressful, always working or feel like you are working (in 49 reviews)

1. Definitely a good place to get your career started but don't enter without an exit strategy already in place.

Former Contractor - Global Forwarding Agent in Wood Dale, IL
    Former Contractor - Global Forwarding Agent in Wood Dale, IL

I worked at C.H. Robinson Worldwide as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Great people
    Mid-pressure atmosphere (enough work to stay busy, but mostly not enough to stress you out)
    Average hours, usually 8am - 4:30pm

Cons

Low pay
    Low-to-no-value work (my job didn't even require a college degree)
    No opportunities to gain valuable new skills or develop professionally
    Little opportunities for advancement (you have to know the right people at the right time)
    No opportunities for rewards (like weekly contests where you can win free stuff, etc.)
    Little flexibility with time off (I was fired because I got in a bad car accident and asked for a few hours off here and there to see my lawyer. This was after working there for 9 months and not taking any time off.)

What you pay your new hires is a choice that you make, not your shareholders. Thus, you need to stop paying your shareholders at the expense of your employees. And that means you need to change how you do business. Do you know why a large company like Google or Apple can pay its employees while a large company like Walmart can't? It's because of its business model. Notice how you will never ever get a discount on a Macbook or Google Glass. That's because Google and Apple manufacture these products, so they set the price. The price doesn't budge, but the demand is still there. Walmart, on the other hand, competes entirely on price alone. They profit entirely on markup, so their prices always need to be the lowest in the market. This means they have to squeeze everything out of overhead that they can in order to increase their margins, and those increases go to their shareholders. While Google and Apple can just raise their prices whenever they need to and can pay both their shareholders and their employees. As the largest domestic 3PL provider, you're basically the Walmart of the Logistics industry. You're best people have already fled, as they're certainly employable at a company that will value them more. You continue to bring in contractors doing $22/hr work for $12/hr in order to decrease your overhead because you don't have many other options. If this trend continues, you WILL lose your reputation for great service and your status as the leading 3PL provider in America. I mean, I was told directly in my interview that there wouldn't be opportunities to advance. Why should your new workers work hard for awful pay if their hard work won't pay off in the long-run? Especially when the work is broken down into tasks so simple that, really, a computer should be doing it. Either automate or see the people you hire as more than just parts of an assembly line.

2. Great working environment, people always willing to help and answer any questions you may have.

I have been working at C.H. Robinson Worldwide

Pros

Friendly people, time goes by fast, never run out of things that need to get done. Keeping fingers crossed that I am hired and not kept as a temp.

Cons

At times people talk to much and get a little loud which is distracting. Need to weed out people that are just there to collect pay checks. Need to hire the temps that work there.

Listen to your employees when they suggest what could be changed to make your employee more efficient.

3. great company

I have been working at C.H. Robinson Worldwide

Pros

excellent sales training and great leadership

Cons

pay could be better though

5. Great place to start career

I have been working at C.H. Robinson Worldwide

Pros

Learn on the job and prepares you for future in sales

Cons

Long hours but limited financially

Spend more time focusing on talent you have and how to keep them

6. Great place to learn the industry

I worked at C.H. Robinson Worldwide

Pros

Good pay when I started, recent years they have really pulled back. Great rewards for long term employees.

Cons

Its all who you know. I watched people get passed over for promotions b/c they weren't with the "in" crowd.

Listen to your employees more

7. Good for college grad

I have been working at C.H. Robinson Worldwide

Pros

Good office environment, lots of industry experience

Cons

High workload, no work/life balance

8. CH Robinson

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at C.H. Robinson Worldwide

Pros

Networking opportunities, training, corporate atmosphere, large brand name to help "back" you. Different opportunities to work at different positions within the company

Cons

Too many offices all competing with each other, sales rules make it confusing to figure out whose customer is who. Each office is competing with each other for their best revenue for their office, not for the company itself.

Focus on providing a way for offices to work together instead of compete with each other for the better of the company.

9. Competitive both internally and externally

Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at C.H. Robinson Worldwide

Pros

Great atmosphere, laid back, younger demographic, can make a TON of money if you have the work ethic, drive, and some good fortune

Cons

cutthroat, tedious, favoritism by managers towards certain reps.

10. Good Company

Former Employee - Logistics Intern
    Former Employee - Logistics Intern

I worked at C.H. Robinson Worldwide

Pros

Good exposure in logistics for interns/co-ops
    Managers willing to help and very involved
    Very fast paced environment

Cons

Moving up in the company is slow at certain branches
    Work can be very repetitive and stressful

Promote faster
    Recruit from top logistics schools

11. Great company but compensation could be better and career opportunities for employees not willing to relocate

I worked at C.H. Robinson Worldwide

Pros

Good company, Stable company, FUN ENVIRONMENT. Great People

Cons

work/home balance is non existent.

C.H. Robinson Worldwide Photos