C.P.A Valet Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Patrick Aughney

1. You get out of it what you put in..

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at C.P.A Valet part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great group of people to work with for the most part. Fun locations and great food sometimes. You get to meet people from all over. Meet celebrities and drive amazing cars. Super flexible hours. If you want to work, you will. How much money you make depends on you.

Cons

The downside is some of the other valets. They don't want to pull their weight but for sure want those tips and perks! Your gonna get out of this job what you put in. If your lazy, rude and just don't get it your not going to get put at good locations. Sometimes the commute to locations is rough. But carpool, duh. There's a downside to ever job.

Advice to Management

Try to team up the new valets with some of the good valets so they learn to do things right. Some of these guys/girls should only do parking direction or shuttle shifts.

2. Horrible Management, Useless Coworkers, and Fake Reviews

Former Employee - Valet in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Valet in San Francisco, CA

I worked at C.P.A Valet part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So happy I don't work here anymore. All the positive reviews on this website are almost positively written by the managers because nobody else feels this way about the company

Cons

Pretty much everything about working for this company sucks. They nickel and dime you, take you tip money, change your schedule and make drive all over the bay area

Advice to Management

Be nice to your employees and stop being so greedy

3. Serious Lack of Management, Treat Employees Terribly

Former Employee - Valet in Novato, CA

I worked at C.P.A Valet part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get paid to drive cars Work at some nice locations

Cons

Travel distances can be extremely far (often upwards of one hour) Zero reimbursement for travel costs Very low tip average Very low base wage Management is extremely dysfunctional Treat employees with lack of respect Getting scheduled at the glamorous work locations is very rare Restaurant locations are awful to work at because parking lots are extremely small People you deal with are often very rude or disrespectful High stress situations, and IMO the stress-compensation trade off is not equal A lot of running/sprinting, and then a lot of sitting around doing nothing

Advice to Management

Get it together. This company is the most dysfunctional work environment I have ever been a part of. I haven't talked with one co-worker who has had good things to say about this management. That should speak levels to what is going on internally with this company. I feel as though I would be able to run this company a thousand time better/more efficiently than the current owner and managers, and I'm in college...

Frazzled

I worked at C.P.A Valet

Pros

They give you the ability to work when you want to work aka flexible scheduling, ability to make good tips.

Cons

They make last minute schedule changes, are very unorganized, have a lack of communication in upper management, make you drive out of your county to work short shifts, and lazy bosses.

Advice to Management

communicate more efficiently, RESPECT your employees, organinze events by county, managers on salary should not take tips at shifts

6. A great Bay Area Parking/Valet Company to work for with flexible schedule

Former Employee - CPA Valet
    Former Employee - CPA Valet

I worked at C.P.A Valet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CPA valet is a great part time or full time job if you have good trasportation and want to work a schedule that fits around your lifestyle. If your in school or have a second job CPA valet is a great job to piece together around your already hectic life. Management is very catering to time off and hours that fit your needs. Tips vary but can be very good at times for the work you actually put it. Lots of down time. Drive high end cars. See areas, events, locations that you would never see otherwise here in the Bay Area and Napa Valley. Meet and learn how to speak with all types of people from different backgrounds and professions. LOTS OF FREE FOOD. All in all a good job with many benefits.

Cons

Cold weather, last minute schedule changes, driving to events (carpools available)

Advice to Management

Talk to each other more about events before hand so your on the same page so when employees come with questions you have answers. Busy business to run, understandably lots going on, Keep up the good work!

7. With over three years of experience with CPA Valet, I highly recommend working with them

I worked at C.P.A Valet part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Working part time with this company I was able to fully support myself. -The flexibility in hours allows the job to truly match your needs. When I was in college or held another job, they easily worked with my availability. Plus, when I wanted to leave town to go on week long camping trips or travels, they really would work with me. -Unbelievable side perks. The best meals I've every had in my life have been given for free to the valets working various shifts. I've come home with rare and expensive bottles of wine. Plus, driving expensive cars never gets old. -The work largely has downtime. When you are busy, you are busy; but often we would have a busy time parking cars at the beginning of an event followed by a large downtime. I loved this personally. -There was a good diversity in employees to work with. -I had a very positive experience with the management team. They will do their best to really get to know their employees and meet their needs. Plus, they are really good people. - I left this job because I moved out of state. If I was still in the area, I would still work the occasional shift with them. It really was a fantastic job.

Cons

-Not every shift is the same. I've made over $100 in tips for three hours of work, and I've made very little after an eight hour shift. It usually worked out to a good average, but sometimes it felt unbalanced. -The travel distance to different jobs was hard at times. I knew this going in, but it wasn't always easy. -There is a seasonal element to the work. Be prepared for this reality.

Advice to Management

Communicate better with employees on how much you actually do for them. There seems to be a lot of complaining on this site about your role at job sites and in general. This is mostly misunderstanding facts. You do a lot for your employees, just make sure everyone else know it.

8. Good PArt-time employment if no other available options.

Former Employee - Valet in Novato, CA

I worked at C.P.A Valet part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Minimum requirement to be considered.

Cons

Lowish hourly pay without benefits.

9. Waste of Time

Former Employee - Valet Manager in Rohnert Park, CA
    Former Employee - Valet Manager in Rohnert Park, CA

I worked at C.P.A Valet part-time (More than a year)

Pros

you get to park some nice cars and see some cool places, and very easy to get hired. Also there are a lot of young college kids to work with.

Cons

A lot of bad venues, poor management, employees are encouraged not to report damage to cars to the owners. The top managers do very little managing or car parking but will show up to your event late and then take a full cut of your tips.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring just anyone, it leads to damaged cars and a less respectable looking company. Also since often times the job requires running to retrieve cars it may be a good idea to hire employees that can run,

10. C.P.A is nothing, but professional sparkle to high end events all throughout the bay area

Current Employee - Valet, Valet Team Manager (At Certain Events) in Napa, CA
    Current Employee - Valet, Valet Team Manager (At Certain Events) in Napa, CA

I have been working at C.P.A Valet part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast and speedy service from polite and responsible individuals.

Cons

On cold nights heat warmers for guests and employees would be nice.

Advice to Management

C.P.A has produced a wonderful company with friendly staff. The team members you have trained only demonstrate and reflect the professionalism you have brought to the bay area. No advice, but keep up the good work!

Sketchy company with unfair management

Current Employee - Parking Attendant in Novato, CA
    Current Employee - Parking Attendant in Novato, CA

I have been working at C.P.A Valet

Pros

-great college job -flexible hours -drive amazing cars -lot's of young people -good tips

Cons

-Saturdays are required -Management doesn't do anything -They pick favorites -Very low hourly wage -Filed for bankruptcy -Multiple lawsuits

Advice to Management

Don't treat attendants like slaves and be more understanding when personal issues arise

RSS Feed </> Embed