C Spire

Be The First To
Add Photos

Hu Meena

Constant Change but Overall Great Place to Work

Tech Pro (Current Employee)

ProsSteady-ish hours for retail, decent pay for the area, health insurance, "free" company cell phone, and excellent "higher ups" who learn your name and are always on your side.

ConsNo room for growth unless you live near corporate office in Ridgeland, MS; ever-changing pay scale and bonus/commission structure which can be VERY frustrating; also plans change fairly often which frustrates customers

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it as is! Managers are usually excellent, know their jobs well and back up their employees.

My experience was good at the beginning, average in the middle, and rather disappointing at the end.

Market Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThe company saturates the Mississippi market--many locations throughout the state.

ConsLittle work-life balance for market managers
    Upper management hardly listens to those employees in the field
    Superiors are not very supportive of retail location employees

Advice to Senior ManagementTry listening to your employees every now and again rather than just customers. Customers aren't always right.

Market Manager

Market Manager (Current Employee) Lucedale, MS

ProsThe pay was amazing and has good benefits.

ConsThe hours were too long. Un realistic expectations were set by regional managers and the corporate office. This company values their customers' experience far more than their employee happiness.

Advice to Senior ManagementA system that takes into account the employees personal time should be implimented.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company-terrible job (contact center rep)

Contact Center Representative (Former Employee) Meadville, MS

ProsCspire is a fantastic company. They truly care about their employees' success which is something I have never experienced at other jobs at similar companies. The benefits are great, and they really take time to work with their employees to make sure they are doing their best. They seem to really care about you.

ConsBeing a contact center rep is terrible. No one wants to get yelled at for their entire shift, but that is the job in a nutshell. Even customers who are nice/polite are still in some part upset seven times out of ten. Then there are the tough customers who don't care that you're a human being too and just want to help. All of this is not to say that there weren't good days and customers that really did leave a smile on my face.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think management is great!

Overall Ok Company to work for

ProsJob security
    Company high moral standards
    Friendly senior executives

ConsCompensation (Commission)
    Benefits
    Work/Life Balance
    Limited advancement opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementProperly pay your customer facing employees

Very good intro to sales

ProsCommission (when you make it), bonus opportunities, health benefits, 2 weeks vacation/year, lots of encouragement to improve when you're struggling (versus making you feel like you don't matter)

ConsTricky commission structure that changes often. Sales goals are (currently) based on your net numbers, not your gross (meaning, people who disconnect count AGAINST your new activations).. This makes it frustrating to "keep up" with the goals that they set. Not much room for advancement unless you're willing to live near the corporate location.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being positive!

A good company overall.

Account Service Representative (Current Employee) Oxford, MS

ProsThere is a great company culture and great health benefits. Stores are always closed on Sundays. There is no cap on commissions, the more you sell the better your check will be! Good incentives and promotions.

ConsThe commission structure changes often, making it hard to know what you need to sell to make more money. Blackout dates during the holidays make it hard to use your vacation days. The job can be very repetitive- informing new customers of the same things over and over again.

Sales Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStrong Customer Service Company but poor sales organization.

ConsPoor Executive team who does not think outside the box. They pretend to be something they are not. Constantly changed commission structures and set unrealistic goals. Company is losing very quickly to Verizon and AT&T

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to change the Executive team. Poor leadership over the sales team and the marketing department worries more about image then producing sales. Need to bring in a team from the outside (Outside of Mississippi and Ole Miss Alumni) with fresh ideas and actually listen to them.

It was okay...

Repair Technician II (Former Employee) Ridgeland, MS

ProsGood people to work with. Everybody gets along (almost). Very solid company with plenty of regional and national long-term growth potential. Very good benefits.

ConsTop management and owners are very obstinate in how they view employee compensations. You can't have a meaningful discussion about this because they will end the conversation. I'm glad this is a company that excels in the area of integrity in many areas. We need more companies like this. However, integrity falls apart when it comes to pay. After all, we live in a world where the object is to screw one another. Even from Christian pastors.

The human resources manual states that C Spire Wireless does not discriminate on the basis of union affiliation. But, what would happen if everybody joined a union? They would get fired. This is doublespeak-integrity at its finest.

I know so many people who used to work for C Spire Wireless (and some who still do) who constantly complain about the pay. I pray that one day these managers will see the light, and be transformed. I have confidence that one day these things will change for the better...

You will be micromanaged, which bothers some people and is not such a big deal to others. You will be underpaid. Expect to hear ridiculous comments from upper management about how everybody in a department should be fired. It is laughable when they say these things, then they realize they are wrong.

If you have good ideas to improve operations, management will often not care and this is missed growth potential, both for the company and the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk yourself if what you are paying employees is right in the sight of God rather than pat yourself on the back because the pay is "competitive". Do the right thing and don't be so selfish about paying employees what they should be making. Find ways employees can receive substantial increases in pay by making big contributions to the organization. Most people receive low salaries, but the top 50 people receive very high salaries. Please be more open to bringing your salaries more in line with those of employees to send the message that you are not so far above them...

Worked for C Spire? Contribute to the Community!