C&A Industries
www.ca-industries.com Omaha, NE 150 to 499 Employees

C&A Industries Reviews

Updated Feb 18, 2014
C&A Industries – Omaha – “Corporate Office”

Scot Thompson

Great work experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Omaha, NE

I worked at C&A Industries full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat atmosphere. Work/Life Balance highly supported. Lots of "extras," such as terrific community involvement opportunities, outstanding wellness program, team environment, etc.

ConsDifferent departments are too disconnected from each other. Each one does a great job on its own, but in areas where there is over-lap, there is little to no communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for ways to integrate the various departments,

... only if you are desperate for employment or hoping to learn the business and upgrade to a better company later

I worked at C&A Industries full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBase salary and benefits (many within the industry pay on a draw). Nice headquarters and pretty nice secondary location. They have a strong training program. Owners' son oversees the program and I'm told teaches because he couldn't hack it as an account manager.

ConsMicromanagement doesn't begin to describe C&A, they go FAR beyond micromanaging. Zero autonomy. Performance and achieving goals is secondary to call volume and phone time. Outside of the box doesn't exist at C&A. They have ONE formula for success and do not welcome innovation or creativity. Also, their middle management layer is a joke. Many appear to be in their role due to longevity not qualifications. The bonus structure seems to be a moving target. The matrix is confusing and changed several times in the past few years. Growth opportunity is limited and it is difficult to transfer to other divisions of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your sales force with respect. Top producers leave your firm because they are treated like children instead of industry leaders. Learn to trust more - not everyone is trying to steal your valuable client list. Anyone with a phone book and initiative can unlock your clients.

In our industry, clients do business with people, not companies. C&A or Aureus Medical aren't special, the people who work for you are the reason you have success.

Very unstructured environment

Omaha, NE

I worked at C&A Industries full-time for less than a year

Prostraining was kind of fun

ConsThe job changed the VERY FIRST DAY I STARTED. Everything is taped, documented, and thrown back in your face.

Advice to Senior ManagementLimit the sexual harrasment

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very satisfied with company overall.....

I have been working at C&A Industries

ProsThe company does a great job selecting candidates through using a sales profile and other measuring tools!

ConsIt is hard to promote to a different division within the whole company. They are a siloed group.

Overall it was good, I really enjoyed what I did.

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at C&A Industries

ProsFun people. HUGE sense of accomplishment and feeling as though we made a difference in peoples lives. Good benefits and pay.

ConsManagement doesn't treat people equally, there are definitely favorites. Managers many times take advantage of being a "manager", more of a "do as I say, not as I do" mentality. Show up late, leave early, leave the worker bees to stay and work til close the day before a holiday, etc. These are things that are noticed by everyone, but no one says anything. No ability to work from home or have access to e-mail at home.

Advice to Senior ManagementLosen up a bit and join the 21st century with technology. Continue working with managers on treating everyone fairly, not just the top producers. Be a bit more flexible and not so stringent with employees hours and don't make them feel guilty when they take time off.

IT'S ALL ABOUT PRODUCTION, NOT EFFORT! NO JOB SECURITY!

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsNice offices
Generally friendly staff
Decent training

ConsYou are pumped full of confidence from the start, but they give you no time to embrace learning curve, There are Very high expectations right out of the gate and aren't afraid to put you on PIP plan within first 45 to 60 days.
Production is king, effort is no good here. If you don't produce enough, you're gone!
A lot of micro managing.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a very difficult job but yet you don't allow for more time to embrace the learning curve. If you're looking for new employees that can perform our of the gate, then only hire people with staffing experience.

Great Company - Needs better management

I have been working at C&A Industries full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat atmosphere
Beautiful office
Friendly employees
They offer great opportunities for training over and above the usual. The training department knows their stuff and it very helpful. Community involvement and recognition are a community focus.

ConsThey encourage or speak of working as a team but deep down it is every man for himself.
Managers play favorites and cater to those who are favored. Managers often take advantage of that role and spend more time socializing than working. Employees are encouraged to work longer hours and skip lunches.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to your teams. Are there people who are struggling? What assistance can you provide, what additional training can you provide to make your teams successful? Take the working hours of the day to do these things and save the socializing for after hours.

Enjoyed work, but lots of micro management and interoffice politics.

I have been working at C&A Industries full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGot to really help people find jobs and work in a team environment. Was able to support the entire department in my role.

ConsLots of micromanagement. Guilt trips for taking time for sick kids. Unwilling to be flexible with scheduling.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with your employees more on work/life balance. Reduce micromanagement and interoffice politics.

GREAT training, but too much micro managing!!!!!

I worked at C&A Industries

ProsGreat on-going training
Beautiful corporate office
Friendly office staff

ConsThey don't tell you that you will be on the phone for 8 hours a day during training.
The office likes to "gossip"- through every department
To get ahead, you have to suck up to management
Very micro-managed.... even when they say they don't

Advice to Senior ManagementLess micro managing and more flexibility to your staff. You hired us for a reason.

Need to evolve with times

I have been working at C&A Industries

Pros-starting salaries at $30k or above
-good online application process designed
-good co-workers

ConsUnnecessary long hours, 10 hour days, plus encouraged to skip lunch, stay late & come in early.
-Strong resistance to innovation (excluding technology)

Advice to Senior Managementtake a realistic look at the concept of work/life balance. research other staffing companies like Robert Half etc. to check on their best practices. Take a good core company but be willing to change with times.

Worked for C&A Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at C&A Industries reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for C&A Industries CEO Scot Thompson. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by C&A Industries employees.