C&J Clark Reviews in United Kingdom

3.8

Melissa Potter

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Working for Clarks

Current Employee - Sales Assistant  in  Stroud, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Stroud, England (UK)

I have been working at C&J Clark full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I began working for Clarks when I was 16 and then excellently trained by Simon Day, who did my fitting course. Two years later I decided that University was the route I wanted to take. My manager at Clarks was able to put me on a contract that meant I could come back and work during holidays. I hugely benefitted from this while at University, while also receiving a grant from Clarks for every year I was at University. Clarks proved to be a supportive company to work for and I shall be forever grateful for the financial support they have given me. After leaving University I left Clarks with much sadness to do a job in Psychology. This job did not meet my expectations and, despite being under new management, Clarks in Stroud took me back on, giving me full time hours and once again being as supportive to me as my family. The team I work with in Stroud have been hugely important in my life. After 6 years of working for this company I cannot put all my gratitude into words. This company has been brilliant to me and I am hoping to work my way up into management if I can.

I find my work very enjoyable and the work-life balance is perfect for me. I love my job.

Cons

On occasion I have experienced our store's sales targets being moved at the end of an incentive period, which felt like a huge leap, however we made the target and gained the incentive.

Keep up the good work!

Working with Clarks because I enjoy being there

Current Employee - Sales Assistant  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at C&J Clark part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love working for Clarks, with flexible hours meaning I'll never fall behind with uni work, amazing store atmosphere with all the needed training to make you feel confident around customers and the staff really make it something special. A company that make me excited to go to work!

Cons

The only con I can think of would be balance of stock in store at times, meaning customers were unable to buy the shoes they needed.

I think it would be nice for Clarks to make events/ competitions for employees on a social level

I enjoy working with the hard working and dedicated people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Yeovil, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yeovil, England (UK)

I have been working at C&J Clark full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You can discount off shoes, experience a business which is thrieving and allows you to grow in your career. There are many areas to work in and lots of opportunity

Cons

Location can be difficult as does require travel if you live in bristol however there is a lovely community feel to the place

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Advice for people applying for Clarks International Ltd.

Current Employee - Sales Assistant  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at C&J Clark

Pros

Clarks is one of the best place to work because people working here are very approachable, co-operative and friendly, so if you have any quries or doubts they help you in solving.

Cons

I don' think so there are any downsides of working at Clarks International. Clarks is the best place to work.

At Clarks International management expects you to do smart work rather than hardwork. They want you to work for the success of the company.

Worked for C&J Clark? Contribute to the Community!