C2 Education Reviews

Reset
2.9
C2 Education CEO David Kim
David Kim

Pros
  • Decent hourly pay above other part-time jobs (in 6 reviews)

• Meet a lot of people and help students obtain better opportunities (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • 3 to 1 student to teacher ratio is not good at all (in 7 reviews)

• There are no benefits whatsoever and they would do everything to make more money from the kids (in 11 reviews)

1. Rapidly Growing Company with Tremendous Career Opportunities

I have been working at C2 Education

Pros

Competitive pay Leadership listens to the field Company grouth leads to great opportunity

Cons

No cons at this time.

2. Friendly, familial environment

Current Employee - Tutor in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Tutor in San Jose, CA

I have been working at C2 Education part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is fun and laid back. It is organized well, and you get used to the system pretty fast. The management is friendly and cares for you as a person rather than as an employee.

Cons

Schedule consistently changes last minute, so you need to have a flexible schedule in order to work here. The tutors more often than not have to tutor three children at a time - can sometimes get overworked.

Advice to Management

To be honest, I wouldn't change much. It was a nice summer job that I look back on fondly. Was a good group of people.

3. Growing company...jump on the train because we are moving fast!

I have been working at C2 Education

Pros

We are a growing company and I have confidence in our Senior Leadership Team to take us to the next level. The people that work here are excited about C2 and what we can accomplish as a team. The company now has an HR team that is addressing concerns that have come up and processes are being built to allow things to run more smoothly. We also have a great training and on boarding process. It's nice to know that the company invests in their employees training in order to help prepare them for success at their centers. We are also focusing on the success and training of our tutors which hasn't been done much in the past. SO many new things are coming to help make us stronger but it just requires flexibility, patience, and a positive attitude.

Cons

We are going through some growing pains. Many things are changing and some employees who have been here for a very long time are not as comfortable with these changes. We are experiencing turnover due to this but at the same time, gaining strong employees who are excited for where C2 is going.

Advice to Management

Be more visible to your employees. With all the planning and roll out of ideas and implementation of new things, it's important to see and hear your employees. When there are concerns within the company, we would like for you to take the time to address the topic.

5. Good if you can take something out of the experience

Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at C2 Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is some room to move up in management if you show continuous eagerness and try to make your own opportunities. This is a good first job out of college, it is "entry level" but pays decently well for your first adult job. Another pro is that once you stay with C2 for a while, it is much easier to break into other fields corporate-wise. As a teacher it fills that lull while you go back to school, look for white-collar careers or just want some work experience. Because you are teaching students, it also keeps your brain sharp. As an assistant or manager, director, it helps gives your some managerial experience if this is your first job.

Cons

Horrible working schedule, you will work in the afternoons, nights, and Saturdays. As a teacher you will have an inconsistent schedule, be given poor hours. Management and quality of center will vary highly with your director. As a director a con is the very strong sales role the position is, expected budgets, quotas, and so forth. It is a high stress job. Of course you will have student and parent management as well.

Advice to Management

Management is very scattered and will implement great activities or programs, however do not have the foresight to maintain these visions. Shortly after, these programs fall apart. I hope that management can be more organized and consistent and can implement new programs on a smaller scale until it is possible to launch it nationwide with the proper infrastructure. One example was when management released a program or activity where all centers where to renovate all of the local center online web pages, an excellent idea as many of those pages were outdated. The centers all sent the information by the date requested, however the web pages were never updated.

are you kidding me??

Current Employee - Math Tutor in Milpitas, CA
    Current Employee - Math Tutor in Milpitas, CA

I have been working at C2 Education

Pros

none, none , and NONE

Cons

1) you won't be paid for extra work (ex: printing worksheets an homework) 2)how can you equally distribute the equal time among 3 students at same time 3) how do you teach different people at different levels 4) as a student, you would pay around $55/hr (which means about $110 per session). the tutor only get roughly $ 40 per session. C2 will make 3*$110-40= $290 If you include the 3 students per session. Think before you really teach at this company.

7. C2 Salary

I have been working at C2 Education

Pros

Great people to work with!

Cons

Pay is low compared to similar positions in other companies

Advice to Management

More compensation for hard work

Assistant Part Time

I have been working at C2 Education part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Usually no work Fridays -Working hours are off peak traffic times

Cons

-Awkward working hours. Usually 1:00 pm - 9:30 pm

Wage theft and shady business practices

Current Employee - SAT Tutor
    Current Employee - SAT Tutor

I have been working at C2 Education part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with the students is the most rewarding aspect of the job. Oftentimes I think about all of the students I've been able to help, and how I've helped influence their lives. It's really touching :)

Cons

Pay: the pay is not competitive, and the fees that students pay tremendously overshadow your labor costs. Most workers at any center are paid very little, and the company relies on these overworked and underpaid employees to do most of the crucial work. There are only hypothetical breaks, and they are only reluctantly granted by the company. Tutors are asked to come in for no pay and prepare for class along with no paid time for grading after class. This leads to a problem because tutors are not paid to fulfill the obligation the company has made to students. The time it takes to properly prepare and grade is at least 30 minutes a day which adds up to quite a lot at the end of a year. Company Structure. C2 has a massive inefficient bureaucratic structure that leads to inefficiency, and a lack of clear responsibility. Complaints go unheard or fall on deaf ears. The company cares only about the profit we can generate while providing no benefits or sick days. Seeing how we work with kids who carry flu, colds, and other illnesses with them into the center, your very work schedule can become compromised from the sickness you get from this line of work. The most essential center staff are also the most underpaid even compared to tutors, which means a constant line of employees is filing through the door hoping things improve and finally leaving as soon as they have the center running smoothly. This means centers are usually in constant turmoil as there are no experienced workers left. This pointless frugality shorts not only the staff but also the clients.

Advice to Management

Pay your front line workers more, and you will watch the turnover rate abate. In the long run, paying for prep time and giving clearly outlined breaks will not only avoid potential lawsuits, but also help provide a better more organized experience. P.s. If you are going to feature inspirational posters of the CEO staring brightly into the future, have him standing over the backs of overworked and underpaid employees that keep his empire expanding.

Program Director

I worked at C2 Education full-time

Pros

Nontraditional hours if you're not a morning person; you get to be the boss of the center when the District Manager isn't there with you (which they usually only come by once a week); flexibility in scheduling

Cons

Work late hours which is difficult when you have a family; you don't get a say in how you want to run your own center and you have to do as instructed by management/corporate level; annual salary is low if you don't hit your budget

Advice to Management

Please pay your directors at a higher rate and give them the support they need instead of just barking orders at them to do what you want them to do

11. Patience

I worked at C2 Education full-time

Pros

Working with kids, helping people, feeling like you're making a difference. I learned a lot about managing the centers and gained skills in leadership.

Cons

Horrible hours, pay, and incentives. There is way too much pressure to perform and the commission kept getting reduced, which killed morale majorly.

Advice to Management

Retain loyal employees--stop cutting pay and instead focus on centers that struggle. Your clients are ASIANS, so open centers in those areas, not just where the local economy is great. Regular Americans are not signing up for these programs; it's not in the culture.

RSS Feed </> Embed