C2 Education Reviews

Updated August 24, 2014
Updated August 24, 2014

C2 Education CEO David Kim
David Kim

Pros
  • Meet a lot of people and help students obtain better opportunities (in 5 reviews)

• Great part time job, and the pay is okay for people who just graduated from college (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • good directors know how to properly set up classes, but in the wrong hands 3-to-1 becomes a nightmare (in 7 reviews)

• There are no benefits whatsoever and they would do everything to make more money from the kids (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Company Review

Current Employee - Tutor  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Tutor in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at C2 Education part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very flexible with work hours and mindful of teachers that are currently in school.

Cons

The only con I can think of working at C2 would be having to make photo copies of assignments for the students.

Switching over to electronic assignments to print, rather than having to make photo copies would be helpful.

Underappreciated and unperpaid

Former Employee - Tutor  in  College Station, TX
    Former Employee - Tutor in College Station, TX

I worked at C2 Education part-time for less than a year

Pros

Tutoring kids is fun and fulfilling, and the material C2 provides is not bad at all.

Cons

The pay is pretty terrible, especially with no benefits. The center director I worked for acted as though this job was some amazing opportunity, even though the job required a completed bachelor's degree. It was a lot more work than private 1-on-1 tutoring, and significantly less pay than I could demand as a recent Master's graduate.

Good experience

I have been working at C2 Education full-time for less than a year

Pros

Incentive comps generous, love the kids

Cons

Hours are challenging for some

Develop the people

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Centers utilize an outdated system of record keeping that is sloppy and full of errors & Center directors are iffy

Former Employee - Assistant Center Director  in  Danville, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Center Director in Danville, CA

I worked at C2 Education part-time for less than a year

Pros

acquired useful knowledge of the educational field.

Cons

interaction with parents, upper management in reaching the same goals can be more stress than needed.

Streamline office management system, hire a 3rd assistant.

Not a bad job in the short run.

Current Employee - Mathematics Instructor
    Current Employee - Mathematics Instructor

I have been working at C2 Education part-time for less than a year

Pros

Watching your students improve from how they were when they first came in for tutoring is always a rewarding and pleasant experience. Even though some other tutoring companies offer that same reward, I feel that it's especially more common here. My coworkers are also great people who I'm very glad I got to know! Scheduling is very flexible as well, provided you tell your director the days you need off well ahead in advance. Also, my salary is pretty decent, especially when compared to what other tutoring companies may pay their tutors/instructors.

Cons

At the center I currently work at, management is not the most organized. Communicating with my director is challenging, as she does not know English too well and does not always make clear exactly what she wants. I learned most of what I needed to know about this job by figuring things out on my own, but the truth of the matter is, my director should've taken more of an effort to explain these important details. Also, training is not sufficient enough, and I can say this because it did not prepare me for my first few sessions well. Resources are also not up to date-in fact, my director delegated me to buy a couple of updated textbooks our center did not have. As the director, it should be her responsibility to make sure that the tutors have adequate resources to begin with-however, she does not make an effort to purchase any new material herself.

Consider hiring directors who can command the English language efficiently, and can also run the centers in a more organized manner. This way, when things don't go as planned, they can be fixed more easily. Also, training your current directors to do the same is not a bad idea as well. Improving the overall management this way will change this from an OK company to a great company.

Assitant Director

Current Employee - Assistant Director
    Current Employee - Assistant Director

I have been working at C2 Education full-time for less than a year

Pros

Building relationships with kids, seeing them improve and go off to the colleges that they want to.

Cons

Hours aren't very good (usually 1-9:30PM and work on Saturdays.) Sometimes, I feel like I do a lot more work than I actually get paid for.

Increase salary.

Decent, but not the most organized

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at C2 Education part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, build connections with students, independently set up lesson plans.

Cons

Compensation could be better and not much room for growth, unusual hours, 3 to 1 student to teacher ratio can be overbearing when teaching in 3 separate subjects, depending on the center schedules may not be set until the night before.

Good part-time or temporary gig.

Former Employee - Tutor  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Tutor in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at C2 Education part-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent hourly pay above other part-time jobs. Flexible scheduling. Good work environment.

Cons

Teaching three kids can be a little stressful. No set schedule.

Get better organized on scheduling of students, and allow time for teacher to better prepare for students.

Good for a part-time tutoring

Current Employee - Tutor  in  Flower Mound, TX
    Current Employee - Tutor in Flower Mound, TX

I have been working at C2 Education part-time

Pros

- getting to work with students is invigorating. I feel achieved and energetic when I meet my students
    - Training, curriculum and schedules are already provided and you don't need to confront parents directly

Cons

- They don't look for full-time tutors. They rather hire full time curriculum specialists. So, there are relatively fewer full-time jobs for tutors.

- Children are sensitive, so it's always good to be careful what you say and what you do in front of them.

C2 Chatham: This place is a circus; I resigned after mere months

Former Employee - Tutor  in  Chatham, NJ
    Former Employee - Tutor in Chatham, NJ

I worked at C2 Education part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with children and witnessing that moment where a difficult concept finally clicks for them is always rewarding, but there are far better companies that provide the same opportunity.

Cons

Extremely poor training methods, not the greatest curriculum, and an incompetent director who barely spoke or understood English and was rude to boot - after the assistant director (who had essentially been running the center for her and who was fluent in both English and Korean and thereby also capable of acting as a translator for her) left, keeping things on track and achieving any sort of effective communication with management became impossible. I'd hope for the company's sake this was just limited to my location, but judging by some of the other reviews, other employees at centers across the US have had similar experiences.

Hire directors who are actually capable of running a business and communicating effectively with non-Korean-speaking employees and clients.

Worked for C2 Education? Contribute to the Community!