C3/CustomerContactChannels Reviews

Reset
1.5
C3/CustomerContactChannels President & COO Rick Ferry
Rick Ferry

Pros
  • Probably one of the better call center experience, if you like that environment (in 5 reviews)

• Being a single mom they have been the first company to actually care and help (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Wages are on the low end of the call center scale (in 10 reviews)

• No one knows what they're doing on the floor (in 3 reviews)

1. Only work here as a last resort

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Twin Falls, ID

I worked at C3/CustomerContactChannels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Did not have to work weekends

Cons

Unbelievably unrealistic expectations are set for the agents. Insufficient training.Lack of communication on every level. Customer service is not really the goal here. They just want you to answer a certain number of calls a day and spend less than 3 minutes on each call. Most of the time you can't help the customer in that amount of time. You get in trouble if you try to actually provide good customer service and god forbid it takes you 7 minutes to do it! Very frustrating experience for me.

Advice to Management

Management??? What management???

Never Again

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Twin Falls, ID

I have been working at C3/CustomerContactChannels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the pay check is steady

Cons

The people are cruel vindictive and vicious, they hire young and promote only those willing to go down. More than once i was told if i want to promote I have to put out. I watched as many people who would go out of there way to learn to be better at their job be treated like trash and even ridiculed and tormented. The put depends in peoples desk drawers and think it is funny. The promote from with in is a lie and unless you are willing to sleep with the supervisors to get their recommendations. The higher up turn a blind eye and even in some occasions participate in the cruelty.

Advice to Management

Wake up and take a look around people are not leaving due to walls and chairs they are leaving cause they are tired of being treated like trash. Don't talk about values if you have no intentions of living by them.

Run And Don

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Twin Falls, ID
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Twin Falls, ID

I worked at C3/CustomerContactChannels (More than a year)

Pros

There are some amazing people at C3, it is one of the only positive things about the job. From agents, support staff and some of the managers, the teams, i.e. people, are what make C3 tolerable. The place is brimming with unappreciated talent, good people that would be dedicated to the right employer if they were treated better.

Cons

Just about everything else you could add to a list. Embarrassingly low salary for supervisors with lackluster benefits. The only real 'benefit' for supervisors is the ability to self-manage your breaks. Far too low of an hourly wage for most agents and the high-stress job they are expected to do. The medical benefits are an absolute joke compared to wages and out of any reasonable price range for most staff. The workplace is absolutely filthy. The stress of the job is so high, staff is overworked to such a high degree, I kid you not, the local paramedics are on site to transport someone to the hospital or check on them at least 1-2x or more per week. The staff is in miserable health the majority of the time due to unsanitary working conditions, high stress, not enough income to afford healthy food, breaks often cut back or reduced, and overall they are just burnt out and fatigued. The majority of perks never get implemented. This is usually blamed on supervisors as the front line leadership, but the truth is the corporations simply sucks at supporting the staff. You can pretty much count on any bleak contribution for incentive funds being late or never being delivered at all. Obviously this has a very high negative impact on the agents. Culturally C3 talks a good game, they're all smiles and handshakes to get you through the door. But once they suck you in, you're nothing but a butt in a seat and you better keep your mouth shut, dont complain and do the job or you'll be kicked to the curb quick. EVERYONE is 100% expendable and means nothing to the company, you can be replaced. Or so they think. Ask around town and all you hear 98% of the time is terrible negative things about the company. Look at the low review rating here, it speaks for itself, and the fact that it hasn't changed is concrete proof that the corporate higher-ups simply don't give a damn. They just keep expanding, opening new locations, and looking to increase profits. Management for the most part is insincere, fake, two faced, backstabbing and cannot be trusted. On every occasion when corporate or client figures visited the site we were never introduced to them. Private high dollar lunches and dinners were thrown behind closed doors. These people would tour the site as though visiting a zoo, just far enough from the animals working the phones as to not get their hands dirty or god forbid actually have to talk to one and come to the realization that these are PEOPLE working for you, not cattle. Do Not confide in anyone in HR, their only role is to protect the company and have no intention of being on your side if you ever need them. Anything you say absolutely will be held against you. Employee feedback is discounted and cast aside, constantly labeled as not the real 'root cause' of what is causing the issues at work. Metrics, metrics, metrics, that is the only thing managers are interested in seeing. Who cares if you're sick, who cares if the schedule and low pay you have doesn't allow you to see your kids, spouse or enjoy anything remotely resembling quality of life outside of work. They crack the whip and you better show up and perform, no excuses. Run And Don't Look Back, EVER! Do not make the mistake of applying at C3, you're better off bagging groceries or something else than putting yourself through the stress of working for a company like this.

Advice to Management

PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES WHAT THEY ARE WORTH! TREAT THE AGENTS AND SUPPORT STAFF LIKE PEOPLE - THEY ARE NOT CATTLE! C3's driving motivator is profits, period. Yes it's outsourcing, but the complexity of some of the jobs that the agents do is down right ridiculous for $9 per hour. Add to that archaic, antiquated systems, deteriorating networks, filthy workplace, broken inefficient tools, ops managers constantly bowing to outrageous client demands and an overall lack of appreciation for the agents and support staff that show up day in, day out to support the company, and you have a company culture that simply doesn't live up to it's own hype. As a supervisor I caught a glimpse first hand how C3 squanders capital on stupid purchases, and completely foregoes taking care of the agents and support staff by failing to increase wages and provide funding for incentives for contests, etc. For example, high dollar full color oversized vinyl banners splattered around the site when an event is taking place. WHY? Why would you dump that capital into such a wasteful item? Why not instead take those funds and cater lunches, provide 'good' prizes, or god forbid, take what you have budgeted for the year on those types of items and provide performance bonuses, holiday bonuses, or maybe even increase wages and salaries. You all talk a good a game but it is clear you do not care about the people that work for you. You can go on believing your own hype but the community of Twin Falls is no fool, everyone knows C3 is a miserable place to work and the damage is done. Why is it so hard for talent acquisitions to get quality people to apply, or anyone for that matter? Why is attrition and attendance such a massive problem? Because you've driven this location into the ground and its days are numbered. Mark my words, watch what happens when Cliff Bar opens, you're set to lose at least a 1/3+ of your workforce, and not just an agent here and there, but the best of the best from your support staff, they're all just biding their time, counting the days till they can leave the clutches of your despicable company. Not to mention other entrepreneurs set to come up in the community who will headhunt your talented staff one by one and show them what a real community driven workplace looks like.

Since when did high school pay?

Former Employee - Outsourced TSR in Twin Falls, ID
    Former Employee - Outsourced TSR in Twin Falls, ID

I worked at C3/CustomerContactChannels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First off, C3 started out as a fun place to work at. There are always little parties going on in our downtime. The workforce is easy to talk with in order to get something arranged to fit your schedule. Most of the people are pretty easy to talk to and most people are always willing to help you out if they are able to. The pay was excellent, since it was technically my first job straight out of high school.

Cons

The fun parts get too out of control. Those who are supposed to help the people on the phones are hard to reach because they are screwing off making it nearly impossible to work with the customers. I actually had someone scream "I will stab you" while I was on a call and had to explain to a customer that everything was fine. I would completely understand people shouting if there was an emergency situation, but not while everything is running while it is supposed to. I don't mind occasionally goofing off to blow off steam, but it is getting out of control Just the other day a bunch of people were screaming into horns to try to motivate us into making sales... since when did cheerleaders do any good in improving a call center? I actually had several customers get confused because they thought I was rambling nonsense while trying to fix their internet. Also it makes it hard to focus because every other person tries to sneak a smoke while inside the building, with both normal cigarettes and those e-cigs, especially if you are allergic to tobacco. I get that it is a stressful job but come on! C3 praises the aspect that it takes the time to recognize their employees. It is one the first things they bring up during the pre-hire orientation. However our supervisors conveniently "lose" any application to get out of the floor after six or seven times. Several employees, ones that have been with C3 much longer than I have been there have been trying to apply for a supervisor position and ironically every single one of their applications was gone. Oh yeah, if you're stuck on a call because you aren't sure on how to take care of a certain problem a customer has or if the customer is being stubborn and flat out rude and asked for a supervisor, you have to either corner or booby trap SOMEBODY in order to get something done. And just about 99% of the time they have NO CLUE what to do.

Advice to Management

Why should I offer advice? The upper management is where the problems start!

Skewed view of employees

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Twin Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Twin Falls, ID

I have been working at C3/CustomerContactChannels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employees try their best to look out for each other. A culture tries to be instilled.

Cons

C3 doesn't stand up for it's employees. Clients want to remove employees from their program and C3 does nothing to fight for them - this inevitably leads to C3 having one of the highest turnover rates I've seen in a call center. Certain programs can't keep over 10% of it's new employees in a 12 month period. Wages are far too low to be livable for the kind of work that is done.

Advice to Management

Fight for the employees - take what they have to say seriously and consider what they are saying.

Long and tedious, super annoying support staff.

Current Employee - Member Advocate in Twin Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Member Advocate in Twin Falls, ID

I have been working at C3/CustomerContactChannels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hours, 40 hours a week if you want it. Vacation pay.

Cons

No flexibility, will not offer part time. 9 dollars an hour, and gossping support staff.

Advice to Management

Higher pay.

8. Not a very honest company to work for.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Twin Falls, ID

I have been working at C3/CustomerContactChannels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are available, which in this area is a big plus.

Cons

Lower wages than expected. Layoffs that weren't supposed to happen.

9. Worst place I've ever worked

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Twin Falls, ID

I worked at C3/CustomerContactChannels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay. At almost 12/hr, I thought the pay would make working at a call center worth it, but the cons greatly outweigh this. After a while you find yourself willing to take a huge pay cut to find better employment.

Cons

Awful communication, management ignored agents, no chance to move up (in fact supervisors have been demoted and management found many reasons to fire agents), unreasonable expectations, horrible attendance policy and not enough PTO. The black out periods, a period of a few months when there is no time off allowed, is absolutely horrid and extremely busy and stressful. There were a lot of promises and positive expectations when they opened in 2010, and we were all very excited, but after the first month it got exponentially worse. Some fun coworkers, but generally most of them had nothing better to do than gossip. One thing we all had in common was that everyone hated coming to work and everyone hated C3. It was like willingly going to prison everyday. You constantly lived in fear of being reprimanded, written up, or fired everyday. In some cases, if you were 5 minutes late, even with extreme weather, that could potentially be your job.

Advice to Management

Go F Yourselves. I'm so glad I got out!

Started great now pathetic

Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Twin Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Twin Falls, ID

I have been working at C3/CustomerContactChannels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros with this job are few and far between. I would say the pros are the co-workers and the few supervisors and team leads that actually care about the employees.

Cons

When C3 opened in Twin Falls two years ago it was great atmosphere and most employees were enthusiastic about growth opportunities and the company in general. Nowadays, there is not one employee who will honestly say they are satisfied with their job. C3 continues to pile on more work and impossible standards with no difference in pay. Management states the constant demands are new requirements of the client and expect employees to believe this. The client that we contract with is a Fortune 500 company, there is no way that they have become this large by operating a business as C3 portrays them to. This is the worst operated call center I have ever encountered. The operations staff doesn't care about any agents, we are simply just numbers to them. They are attempting to rid of people in the most ridiculous ways. For example, they are now firing people for statistics from January that were told to the agents at the time, didn't matter. They don't follow the process of write-ups in their employee manual. Instead of a person getting a verbal warning, 1st warning, 2nd warning, and then a final warning prior to termination, they just skip the employees all the way to the final warning leaving no room for improvement from the time you find out your not meeting standards to termination. As far as growth goes, there is no room for growth. There have been many supervisors that have left and C3 refuses to promote any. They have actually demoted some supervisors to team leads and then expect them to do the supervisor position at the team lead pay. The teams that are present now far exceed the ratio that we were originally quoted of 15-18 agents per each supervisor. This company is going nowhere fast and when any agent expresses concerns about the company or any of the issues going on within the company, management will either state that they will get back to us or gives a bs answer that everyone knows is scripted due to the political aspect of the job. We all know that they are attempting to rid of many employees and instead of doing it the ethical way and laying people off, they are finding ridiculous ways to terminate people. C3 management has no concern for their employees that keep them afloat. There are many more people suited for the supervisor positions than the supervisors they presently have and management is very aware of this but refuses to promote the people that show they actually care about the agents and have good work ethics to keep the supervisors who dissappear for hours or days at a time, assign all their work to others, constantly dealing with personal problems, etc... C3 has also made the worst impression on our community. I am extremely embarassed to tell someone where I work if they ask because the community if also very aware how unethical, unprofessional, and poorly managed C3 is. This brings the moral of the center down as no one wants to work for a place with such a horrible reputation. Not that I forsee C3 hiring any time soon but if you are considering employment here, please reconsider. You will be miserable. Not to mention, C3 is slowly going under and will likely not be around for another year.

Good at the Start but ended sadly

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Twin Falls, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Twin Falls, ID

Pros

Easy to get on with the Company Pay is good for our area

Cons

Communication was not good at all things happened at the last min causing people to lose there jobs

Advice to Management

Plan ahead this seems to be the largest issue

RSS Feed </> Embed