C3 Systems

C3 Systems Reviews

Updated December 17, 2014
Updated December 17, 2014

Charles Thomas

Wonderful Place to Work!!!!!

I have been working at C3 Systems

Pros

This is a small company - Less than 90 employees.

Everyone I have met here has exhibited a sense of "professionalism". Upper management is approachable and has an "open door" policy.

This company is "family oriented" and you are certainly not treated has just a "dot" on a screen. You are valued has an employee here.

Cons

To summarize - I basically enjoy coming to work here.

This company is in the process of growing and will definitely grow bigger in the near future.

Overall, great company!

Current Employee - Staff Member in Crystal City, VA
    Current Employee - Staff Member in Crystal City, VA

I have been working at C3 Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company offers excellent benefits to employees at little to no cost to the employee; their family health plans are even reasonable. Employees are encouraged to seek job related training to improve their skill sets and are reimbursed for it.They show their employees a good time by hosting Employee Appreciation events. Upper management always seems nice, open and willing to help when needed (including the CEO). The Crystal City location is great and the facility is always clean and neat.

Cons

I have no cons to report.

Please continue to strengthen your employee/management relations as your efforts have not gone unnoticed.

I'm a current employee and I understand with growth comes challenges, and I am very vocal with upper management

I have been working at C3 Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I'm free to communicate issues that can affect me and my team and I am able to obtain immediate assistance because I want myself and my team to remain successful. I talked to senior management about my desire to grow within the company and they not only indicated that it is possible, but they also gave me literature to help me understand their process for growth and I am working with my manager to develop my career plan

Cons

There are growing pains and we are only as strong as our weakest link and we need more experienced people in a managerial role because some of my peers are way behind on their skills and that can really affect their team. In my 20+ years of experience, I'm very surprised to see this company put in the work and turnaround poor performing managers and subordinates, because if it were me I wouldn't hesitate to let those duds go and make room for the studs that are qualified and deserving of the role

Continue on your path to make this the ideal place to work and keep everyone abreast of any and all news affecting the company

C3 Systems is an Awesome Place to Work!

I have been working at C3 Systems

Pros

Here is an honest review from a current employee in good standing. C3 Systems is the best! Our benefits program is more than comprehensive, well above industry average, our management is open to new ideas from employees at all levels, they are prompt to improve and enhance internal infrastructure and processes when needed. Employees have the opportunity to make a definitive difference and be a part of a cohesive team environment. Communication is consistently available and Senior Management listens and is committed to making every employee's C3 Systems experience a positive one. If you are ready to work hard and succeed like you never have before and be acknowledged for your contributions, C3 Systems is the place to be!

Cons

Honestly, I do not have any complaints at all!

Keep on doing what you are doing. Those employees who are not afraid of hard work and have embraced the company's vision and mission appreciate your efforts. Keep holding us accountable and do not let the negativity of those disgruntled few (who are no longer with the company) deter you from continuing to keep every C3 Systems employee as your priority!

Not as Awesome as They Want You to Believe

I worked at C3 Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Health is covered 100% for single employee. 401k is fully vested. The location is nice. Not far from the Metro. Some really good people work here.

Cons

Reviews that range from tepid praise at best to overwhelmingly negative, then suddenly a glowing, sunny review that says NOTHING, except the usual corporate platitudes about opportunity being there, you just have to WORK FOR IT! No that wasn’t written by someone in management or anything. Not at all. All it proves is that, rather than taking the negative reviews to heart and figuring out WHY people are disgruntled and/or leaving, C3 Systems’ management is content to stick their fingers in their ears and sing EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

And that’s great. That’s their prerogative, but that’s no way to run a company.

To refute some of the claims made in the review posted 12/5/14:

- “do not let the negativity of those disgruntled few (who are no longer with the company) deter you from continuing to keep every C3 Systems employee as your priority!”

Ah yes, the old bitter ex-employee meme. How droll. Tried and true. Used by every corporate apologist since the beginning of time in an attempt to shut down any meaningful dialogue by relegating the legitimate gripes of real employees to a simple, dismissible sound-bite. These are real people, with real gripes and I’ve spoken with many of them about it.

- “our management is open to new ideas from employees at all levels”
    I’m unsure what fantasy land this “honest review” was written in, but I’ve rarely, if ever, seen management take advice from anyone below them on the ladder. At most it may be dismissed with a “yeah, we’ll look into it *eye roll*” attitude, but I would struggle to count on one hand how many times I feel management has been receptive to a suggestion.

- “they are prompt to improve and enhance internal infrastructure and processes when needed.”

I can’t tell you how many times I had been told “just get by with free software” rather than purchasing the correct software that we need. Even when the budget specifically allows for it. And for processes? Just because you throw a few random hour-long CMMI get-togethers at the employees once every few months doesn’t equate to any meaningful process improvement. So this is false.

- “If you are ready to work hard and succeed like you never have before and be acknowledged for your contributions, C3 Systems is the place to be!”

I find this one the most insulting and disgusting one of all. Especially after a conversation I had with a manager. This manager told me, in no uncertain terms, that during employee review time they were directed to come up with a reason for EVERY employee working under them to not be given an increase. No matter how small. They HAD to have something negative in their employee review, so they had justification to deny them a merit-increase or promotion. The impression that this manager gave me was that this wasn’t exclusive to his/her team. So to vouch for one of the previous reviews made about the office getting a bunch of flat-screen TV’s in lieu of giving the employees raises? That was dead-on accurate. They got their class-A (roach-infested) building and their flat-screen televisions for the conference rooms and CEO’s office, instead of giving the people who bought them those TV’s increases for their hard work. Redskins tickets are wonderful. Cirque De Soleil tickets are wonderful. Christmas parties are wonderful but when rent increases and bills increase year to year while your salary doesn’t, it’s not as wonderful. I’m sure it’s difficult for the six-figure earners who make the decisions in the company to see that, but that’s how it is.

In the end, the 12/5 review is an example of tone-deaf management who would rather blame everything on the employees rather than take an honest look within and address why C3’s is rated 1.9 on glassdoor (as of this review). As long as they continue this practice, they’ll always be at a disadvantage and they wouldn’t have to be if they’d just pull their fingers out of their ears and listen. I challenge them to do that, but somehow I don’t think they’re up to the challenge.

How sad.

Take me up on my challenge. Look inward and ask yourselves:
    Why are people leaving?
    Why did some employees have to be let go after only being here for a few weeks or months?
    Why did you purchase the other side of the 7th floor when the original space wasn't even filled, yet?
    Why would you need to come up with reasons to not give your employees merit increases at review time when business is supposedly booming?
    Is there something you're not telling us?

Don't work here...trust me

I have been working at C3 Systems full-time

Pros

They try to boost morale with socials, but they never get to the bottom of the low morale causes and issues!

Cons

Management is awful. Unfortunately, they don't have the training needed to make good solid decisions. Turnover is very high and they work you like the factories worked people during the industrial revolution. I feel like a corporate slave rather than a valued employee. I don't feel appreciated at all. The harder you work, the harder they crack that whip. I can't wait for another opportunity to open up for me and several others who find themselves in the same boat...because when I get the opportunity to leave -- I will leave C3 faster than a 747 jet!

Please learn to listen to your employees. Try to embrace the individuals who work for you! People are afraid to express themselves because they are afraid of negative repercussions. The only managers who are humane to people and pleasant are Liz and Will! Charles is very nice, but he is out-of-touch with the real issues at his company! Surveys and a suggestion box would be great!

'CAPTAIN, WE'RE SINKING'

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crystal City, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crystal City, VA

I worked at C3 Systems full-time

Pros

The one positive aspect is that company recently got an expansive-looking office in the Crystal City. Previous facility was outdated and messy. Don't be fooled by the office space and furniture though. It is all just for looks.

Yes. The 401K is vested from the day one. That’s true. The medical plan is only free for an employee and only HMO.You will have to pay for PPO. Family plans are expensive.

There is a 3 weeks of PTO for all. But they will not pay you any unused PTO when you leave and they will not let you take any PTO after your resignation is submitted. Beware!

This company is overall a good example of mistakes to avoid for those who are planning for their own business. Go ahead, join the company, learn quickly and leave quickly. Do it while they exist.

Cons

The company was always known as a well-oiled revolving door. People with an opinion are not welcome. Don’t expect professional, ethical and fare treatment there. Talents don’t stick with them for a long.

Submission for a resignation is the best way to get promoted and have a salary that meets your market value. They may throw money at you to make you stay. Otherwise don’t expect any recognition.

The benefits used to be a notch better. It is all changing now since company is cutting every corner they can.

There is a history of the forced vacations or unpaid leave due to the weather conditions or contract issues.

The company has no defined growth and development strategy. Aside of some heavily inflated past performances there is nothing to offer that would position them on the market as a desired business partner.

They have a huge overhead that is roughly the one fifth of all workers. Don't expect a competitive salary since they have to pay numerous of corporate staff.

The revenue stream is predictably taking a dive as well as the business reputation.

Just try to understand that it is people who make a company - not you. Learn to respect people and treat them well; both your employees and your customers. Don't mess with them. Otherwise be ready for the next law suit and prepare for the lonely trip downhill.

C3 Systems LLC

I have been working at C3 Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This a small company in transition, so there are some growing pain, but the leadership looks like it is trying to be some big things. You have the potential to grown with the company. The benefits are free for individuals and the company is working on a better medical plan. There seems to be a transparency on company issues.

Cons

The compensation is not as high as I would like but it is a small company. A few of the managers could use training on how to deal with their employees and just management training in general.

Total Losers -Management is Coward. Does not know how to stand up for the right.

I have been working at C3 Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

When I said I was about to quit, they made a reason to send me off that Friday.
    I have all the management and technical credentials
    However the people there are so insecure.
    Well - Their behavior made me start my own enterprise.

Cons

The cons of working here is when they fire you, you know that you need to have your own enterprise. You hardly get this unorganised treatment in larger organizations

Please be ethical. You claim you are a Small business and get all the Govt Contracts. I wish there was a way to report abuse of Federal money by your company

Highly mismanaged

Former Employee - Content Developer in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Content Developer in Herndon, VA

I worked at C3 Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ok junior management, but had no authority to take decisions

Cons

Was with this company for a short while. At the time of hire no mention was made of the office being relocated to a location which is a two hour commute one way- this is supposed to be temp but didn't trust the management to keep promises. Employees are expected to work 8.5 hours and include a 4 hour commute ie: a 12.5 hr workday at salaries that are at best meager. The company needs serious management overhaul. Its not a family friendly or diversity oriented office and make a big deal about making small accommodations for employees like after promising an office lunch no considerations made for vegetarians. I would strongly recommend NOT working here if you have any family/dependents on you or need any accommodations made for health reasons like pregnancy- for which they need 'proof'' from the doctor even if you are obviously showing, sick kids or any such life events! Emails sent to supervisors in confidence are regularly screened and misinterpreted (selective portions chosen and turned against you) and used to discipline employees, without hearing the employee's side- and mostly in their manager's absence.
    Accepting employment here was the worst professional decision I ever made.

Get your act together and treat employees with respect.