CA Technologies

CA Technologies Reviews in Bellevue, WA

Updated Feb 6, 2014

CA Technologies CEO Michael P. Gregoire

Michael P. Gregoire

Pros
  • I thought the work-life balance was great for where I was in my life (in 114 reviews)

• most people can work from home because the employees are already living all over place (in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • This puts a huge strain on your work-life balance (in 17 reviews)

• I do not feel that my team was always adequately supported by senior management (in 34 reviews)

More Highlights
3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A Job

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsStability, benefits, seems to be trying to improve. They seem to be trying to reduce an annual hire-layoff cycle that was endemic.

ConsLittle respect for employees as persons. The company primarily produces via acquisition, exposing useful technologies to the wider market they sell into and capturing increased revenues as a result. It seems unable to protect or maintain the innovative cultures and environments that produced the acquired technology so it keeps itself locked into a cycle: acquire, squeeze, sunset.

Upper R&D Management has no focus on futures

Lifer XVP (Current Employee) Bellevue, WA

Pros1) The physical location of the office is nice if you can take a bus.
    2) I like the CEO.

Cons1) Company lacks focus, and investment in its experienced resource pool
    2) Be careful of which development office you sign up for as many are not developing anything that is currently on the critical path for CA, so an R&D job or PM job might be stuck supporting legacy software that has been in trouble due to "off shoring development, qa, and support to India".
    3) Innovation is praised, but rarely invested in or executed on.
    4) Cloud computing rules the roost, but CA's current cloud solutions are not really players in the market, thus CA has been on a fast track of irrelevance in the industry for about a year now with nothing really coming in to focus as a market changer for them.
    5) Forget about raises, get your money up front. Not to mention the 500 layoffs that CA posts about every 6 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the lowest ranks (Pr. Sr. Dev, Arch, Sales), and the experienced (5-10yrs, - you know the folks that have stuck by the company loyally through its worst years) ranks, specifically in R&D. Don't take their suggestions as destructive criticism, but perhaps understand that if there is a mistake that Sr. Management has made in the past, these roles have likely lived through it, and learned from it and would be happy to share those experiences and solutions - specifically if it meant they wouldn't have to live through the mistake yet again.

Overall, ok.

Principal QA Engineer (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsLots of technologies to delve into

ConsManagement is rigid, changes every week. Bad review methods.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix your review methods.

Worked for CA Technologies? Contribute to the Community!