CA Technologies

CA Technologies Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

CA Technologies CEO Michael P. Gregoire

Michael P. Gregoire

Pros:
  • "Can have your own agenda and keeps your work - life balance in control"
    in 104 reviews
  • "most people can work from home because the employees are already living all over place"
    in 36 reviews
Cons:
  • "Tough work/life balance (they preach good balance but is not true)"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Low career opportunities, Improper senior management, Cluttered job structure"
    in 30 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great people here! Typical large company environment

Islandia, NY

ProsWork/life balance is a priority. Good perks if you are located near the Islandia office(Montessori program, gym onsite, matching gifts program for charitable donations[up to $5K per year], easy commute if you are local, etc.)

ConsAs with most large organizations, the policies/procedures required to get things done can hamper the agility of the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to run this 14,000 employee, international organization like a startup company. That's not what it is, which is why efforts along that lines have met with limited success to date. Focus on leveraging the strengths of the diverse workforce..

good place to work

Senior Principal Support Engineer (Current Employee)
    Islandia, NY

Prosgood job security, close to home, reasonable money

ConsCan be a tough job at times

Advice to Senior Managementmake my stock price higher

No Loyalty to Long Term Employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorkforce Mobility
    Decent Management in some regions. – Worst direct management to report to are located at Corporate in Islandia.

ConsRuthless senior management at Corporate– The Good Ol’ Boy Network is the prevalent driving force at this company.
    New CEO immediately laid off most of the long term older employees who had 20 plus years tenure with no regard to years of productive loyal service to the company.
    Very unprofessional practices by long term senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementCA continues to replace CEOs while leaving the same executive senior management in place resulting in minimal modification or improvements at this company. It will never truly change until these layers are removed.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic changes for better with new ceo

Employee Band G (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsThey listen to suggestions on how to improve. Family friendly and feel like you can make a big difference even at a large company. I have received a lot of support for ideas and getting work done since new CEO. Free lunch every day at Santa Clara office. Great office culture. They get you have a family and my boss is super flexible about me working remote and also taking volunteer time. I work hard and I do work after hours but flexibility is key and a team th at supports that. Great place for women to work and we get paid to volunteer for causes we want to. Not just company chosen ones. 5 k matching a year per employee for charity donations. It's like a Google type benefit package but for grownups and recognizing you are an adult so not trying keep you on a campus. We also rank number 1 in sales commissions. If you are good at sales this is place. If you want a grown up place to work. This is the place.

ConsFinance like most companies throwing money out yearly for restructuring aka Rif. They need to be more grownup about this. Yes projects will get revised or scrapped but don't scrap the people. Let's do it once a year not ongoing so we are transparent and really try and see if we can do more run up to find homes for the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop doing RIF every couple of months somewhere. Yes projects will get revised or scrapped but don't scrap the people. Let's do it once a year not ongoing so we are transparent and really try and see if we can do more run up to find homes for the employees.

Worst sales job ever, they don't pay commissions and don't pay corp card

Account Director (Current Employee)

ProsIndependent working environment and that's about it.

ConsNo corp direction
    Don't pay commissions as stated in comp plan
    Did not pay $5,000 in expenses when i left leaving me to pay the bill

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company to someone who knows how to run it.

Sr. Sales Operations Analyst

Senior Sales Oporations Analyst (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsExcellent company to work for. Stable, great benefits, focused on employee success.

ConsAdvancement in my current career path is difficult at this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication skills need Improvement for the mid-level management team.

Good company but beware of layoffs

QA Engineer (Former Employee)
    Islandia, NY

ProsBenefits are still good.
    Work environment is very friendly and coworkers are very professional and dedicated.
    Good infrastructure, free gym, nice restaurant (not free), good size of the work cubes.

ConsThere are too frequent and permanent changes in the company which makes any position very unsafe. Benefits have been decreasing with the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementQA Team should follow the standards of the market. This could help the company and also the employees when they get layoff.

This ship moves steadily...

Sales Finance (Current Employee)
    Islandia, NY

ProsCompany benefits are generous overall. Certain offices (almost like campuses) are much better than satellite offices. The main offices have many perks and amenities. Fairly stable company to work for. Employees are generally hard working and passionate about their jobs.

ConsSalary increases (i.e. Merit Increases) are laughable. Promotion depends heavily upon working for the right manager who will fight for you rather than being a reliable, good, hard worker. Certain functions and groups have limited or no room for personal advancement / growth. Company tries to grow organically, but just never seems to gain traction.

Advice to Senior ManagementCurrent executive management has been driving substantial change wherever possible in an attempt to grow revenue. Hopefully the company will get on that path very soon instead of just maintaining at the level it has been the past several years.

Islandia is a ghost town. Lay-offs are always looming. New management has decided there is no talent on Long Island.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Islandia, NY

ProsAbility to work from home. Plenty of space in the parking garage. On site cafeteria and Montessori day-care center.

ConsConstant fear of lay-offs. Much of the work has been off-shored to India with less than stellar results. Teams widely dispersed making it difficult to collaborate successfully. Benefits have been declining. No longer able to accrue vacation so that when you are laid off, you don't get paid for vacation days not taken.

Pretty good company but fear of layoffs always looming.

Technical Writer (Former Employee)

ProsFast paced environment and great products

ConsJob security is very low.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst of all please only select appropriately qualified candidates to hold positions of importance.

Worked for CA Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CA Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CA Technologies CEO Michael P. Gregoire. All 880 reviews posted anonymously by CA Technologies employees.