CA Technologies Reviews

3.3
1,172 Reviews
CA Technologies CEO Michael P. Gregoire
Michael P. Gregoire

Pros
  • Work life balance is good but even better is the challanges - you wont be bored here (in 135 reviews)

• most people can work from home because the employees are already living all over place (in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • This puts a huge strain on your work-life balance (in 18 reviews)

• I do not feel that my team was always adequately supported by senior management (in 38 reviews)

1. Good salary paid but no stability

I have been working at CA Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

salary is as per industry standards

Cons

No stability, you can be fired any day

2. Best place to work in hyderabad

I worked at CA Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

flexible work place, good benefits , good medical insurance and ample leaves, friendly work place

Cons

not a growth company, lack of senior leadership who can aggressively lead, build and market the products as per the technology trend and rapidly changing customer needs.

Advice to Management

recruit energetic and efficient work force. come up with innovative enhancements to existing products as per the market trends and come up with new products .

3. Challenging yet rewarding environment

I have been working at CA Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some of the best people I've worked with in my career have been at CA - incredibly smart, passionate and caring. There is something special in the culture here - it's truly collaborative and a place you can feel valued as an employee. There is huge change which can be both a pro and a con - it keeps work interesting and the pace is fierce.

Cons

Too many reductions/restructures
    Not enough of a long term vision though that's slowly starting to change

Advice to Management

Stop the restructuring madness - it hasn't made us successful and continually tweaking the structure will not do it.

5. Software Engineer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Islandia, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Islandia, NY

I worked at CA Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I was exposed to a variety of technologies and operating systems. There is a lot that you can learn there. The campus and benefits are also above average. There are a number of internal programs that are available for someone to improve there soft skills and technical skills.

Cons

Corporate strategy has been slow to adapt to the emergence of Cloud based solutions and the impact that it has had on how customers purchase and use their products. As they continue to make changes the company has been understandably terminating unprofitable project/product areas while reallocating resources to new upcoming projects. Instead of reusing and retraining people for the new products they tend to lay off people and hire new ones. This has had a negative impact on morale.

Advice to Management

While the company adapts to the demands of the Cloud based market, be cautious not to prematurely halt revenue producing projects/products that do not fit into the Cloud strategy. Put more thought into retraining proven employees instead of hiring new unproven people.

6. Principal Business Analyst

Former Employee - Principal Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Principal Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CA Technologies (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good work-life balance for most groups in the company. The remote work option is a great opportunity if it matches with the role you fill. Acceptable benefits based on the marketplace standards. Reasonable starting salaries, but increases and advancements are much more limited and painfully slow.

Cons

Despite efforts be each of the frequently changing leadership teams, the company is behind the power curve is staying current with and offering what the customer is looking for. A shirking market share and losing out to small, nimble, quick reactionary interlopers is a scary trend. Advancement and pay for performance is lacking. Certain employees are identified to be fast tracked and the remaining tend to be stagnant at best for their tenure at the company. While this practice is not admitted to it is exhibited and a common practice for all to see. The company periodically does a purge of mid to mid-upper management type personnel and as such loses a great amount of talent that way. While the cutting of personnel keeps the street happy and it skews the numbers to the positive, it by no means makes for a positive workplace.

Advice to Management

Select and execute a plan for the company that actually comes to fruition with as close 100% completion as you can get. This company has frequent leadership changes and subsequent reorganizations that result in new goals and plans that never quite reach completion before the next reorganization. As such the company continues to languish a step behind, or more and has little chance to be the employer of choice that it wants to be.

7. Good place to work

Former Employee - Services Architect in Stony Brook, NY
    Former Employee - Services Architect in Stony Brook, NY

I worked at CA Technologies (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, was good place to work

Cons

Career growth can be slow

8. Associate Software Developer

I worked at CA Technologies

Pros

Flexible hours, good pay, comfortable environment

Cons

limited help, lack of energy sometimes

9. Senior Engineer, Technical Manager, Business Development Manager, sales Executive, Account Manager , Solution Strategis

Former Employee - Account Manager in Rome (Italy)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Rome (Italy)

I worked at CA Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

One of the best company I worked for. Best salary and benefit. Well structured and organized.

Cons

Too confusion on the Product portfolio. The company needs to focus on a smaller products portfolio and increase the quality of each product.

Advice to Management

Refine the strategy on products portfolio. More Focus, More quality.

10. Manager Software Engineering

I have been working at CA Technologies full-time

Pros

Diversity, Employee skills, Career prospects

Cons

Sometimes can be a little beaurocratic

Advice to Management

None

11. Localization Manager

I worked at CA Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

During the 10 years I worked for CA Technologies, I had the chance to develop a lot, had a strong leader who encouraged me to voice my ideas, to be innovative and to take challenges.

Cons

Stock options policy needs to change. I have been awarded for good performance and got grants of restricted stock options. Due to a change in corporate strategy, my department has been closed and employees have been laid-off and my stock options had been held by CA.

Advice to Management

Review the restricted stock options policy, specially for the grants given as awards.