CAA South Central Ontario

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Jay Woo

good company to start your career

Total Rewards Specialist (Current Employee) Thornhill, ON (Canada)

Proslocation if you live uptown

Consthe pay is lower compared to companies downtown or bigger multinational companies

Advice to Senior Managementupdate your reporting systems and software

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Growing Pains at CAA

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood cafeteria. Great organization for employee events during the holiday season, charity events, etc. It is a well known brand and one to be proud to work for. Depending on the line of business and senior manager, there may be room for personal and professional growth. Overall, the atmosphere is friendly.

ConsThe corporate culture has become much more aggressive. Some departments are coasting under the radar and everyone is in a good mood but other departments are under lots of pressure. Wedges are being placed between members of the senior leadership that do not serve the company very well in the long run.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome members of senior leadership need more confidence in the organization and themselves. They are also spread too thin. This is a period of rapid growth and transition with a new CEO. There's a big gap without a COO.

CAASCO - a decent place to work..

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Thornhill, ON (Canada)

ProsThere is a variety of products offered at CAA which always make for an interesting day at the office - Insurance(s), Loyalty,

ConsPay is below industry standard in my opinion. Telecommuting is not an option which is unfortunate. Room for growth is also non-existent and the political game is like something I have never seen before.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior leadership operates in silos to the detriment of moving organization forward

ProsPeople generally really do care about putting Members first. Work-life balance is good and if you're looking to coast, this is the place.

ConsSenior leadership and lines of businesses work in silos, despite lip service to the contrary, and to the detriment of moving projects that cross multiple LOBs forward. There is no career pathing, and management generally lacks people and conflict management skills. Infrastructure is antiquated relying on manual transaction processing resulting in poor data integrity.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew CEO Jay Woo needs to get over himself in thinking he's the saviour who brought the insurance company back from the brink of bankruptcy. He has demonstrated a clear lack of maturity as a senior leader with some of his knee-jerk reaction emails sent organization-wide which is creating a culture of fear and paranoia.

Great environment, good morale.

Contract Network Advisor (Current Employee) Thornhill, ON (Canada)

ProsExcellent benefits, vacation and sick days, free membership, activities.

ConsToo many projects and meetings.

Excellent Canadian brand with really poor senior leaders

Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThe opportunity to work for a membership organization with some great people throughout management and the front line teams, opportunity to re-build antiquated systems and processes.

ConsCorporate culture is quite negative, senior leaders are untrustworthy and self serving. Very hierarchical environment where no-one in the executive team holds themselves accountable, they just pick a scapegoat.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to develop trust with your employees again, work on developing those relationships by acknowledging their contributions and supporting their development.

working environment

Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Prosflexible, work life balance, management, team work, see your contribution reflected in business decision

Consscale of company is a little small

A great company to work for

Member Care Counsellor (Former Employee) Stoney Creek, ON (Canada)

ProsI worked in the call center, and believe me I have worked in at least 8 or 9 of them. In the beginning I was astonished to see people that had been there for 20-25 years. That shows how much people enjoy their jobs it had a very low turnover rate. The people there the agents are the best like family a great people to work with. The company has changed, which is expected become more business oriented... finance driven, but I still feel it was one of the best call centers I had the opportunity to work for.

ConsThe only con would be that you have to have a flexible schedule until you put in your time expect to work the later shifts. There sometimes can be favortism as with all work environments. Very little room for promotion, maybe a couple of lateral promotions but that's about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees, sometimes those doing the actual jobs have excellent feedback that could improve performance. Also in the beginning there were alot of programs and activities geared towards keeping moral up, I would recommend to keep providing those programs, bonuses and incentives.

APPLICATION DEVELOPER

Pros-Friendly environment
    -People are willing to help

Cons-nothing is bad about this position at CAA

Very low Morale Company

Project Management Intern (Former Employee) Thornhill, ON (Canada)

ProsFriendly management and coworkers in the IT department

ConsManagement seemed oblivious to IT development

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain your experts

Worked for CAA South Central Ontario? Contribute to the Community!