CAA South Central Ontario

Updated June 23, 2014
Updated June 23, 2014
3.1

Jay Woo

good company to start your career

Current Employee - Total Rewards Specialist  in  Thornhill, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Total Rewards Specialist in Thornhill, ON (Canada)

I have been working at CAA South Central Ontario full-time

Pros

location if you live uptown

Cons

the pay is lower compared to companies downtown or bigger multinational companies

update your reporting systems and software

Growing Pains at CAA

I worked at CAA South Central Ontario

Pros

Good cafeteria. Great organization for employee events during the holiday season, charity events, etc. It is a well known brand and one to be proud to work for. Depending on the line of business and senior manager, there may be room for personal and professional growth. Overall, the atmosphere is friendly.

Cons

The corporate culture has become much more aggressive. Some departments are coasting under the radar and everyone is in a good mood but other departments are under lots of pressure. Wedges are being placed between members of the senior leadership that do not serve the company very well in the long run.

Some members of senior leadership need more confidence in the organization and themselves. They are also spread too thin. This is a period of rapid growth and transition with a new CEO. There's a big gap without a COO.

CAASCO - a decent place to work..

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Thornhill, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thornhill, ON (Canada)

I have been working at CAA South Central Ontario full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is a variety of products offered at CAA which always make for an interesting day at the office - Insurance(s), Loyalty,

Cons

Pay is below industry standard in my opinion. Telecommuting is not an option which is unfortunate. Room for growth is also non-existent and the political game is like something I have never seen before.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior leadership operates in silos to the detriment of moving organization forward

I have been working at CAA South Central Ontario full-time for more than a year

Pros

People generally really do care about putting Members first. Work-life balance is good and if you're looking to coast, this is the place.

Cons

Senior leadership and lines of businesses work in silos, despite lip service to the contrary, and to the detriment of moving projects that cross multiple LOBs forward. There is no career pathing, and management generally lacks people and conflict management skills. Infrastructure is antiquated relying on manual transaction processing resulting in poor data integrity.

New CEO Jay Woo needs to get over himself in thinking he's the saviour who brought the insurance company back from the brink of bankruptcy. He has demonstrated a clear lack of maturity as a senior leader with some of his knee-jerk reaction emails sent organization-wide which is creating a culture of fear and paranoia.

Great environment, good morale.

Current Employee - Contract Network Advisor  in  Thornhill, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Contract Network Advisor in Thornhill, ON (Canada)

I have been working at CAA South Central Ontario full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent benefits, vacation and sick days, free membership, activities.

Cons

Too many projects and meetings.

Excellent Canadian brand with really poor senior leaders

Current Employee - Manager  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at CAA South Central Ontario full-time for less than a year

Pros

The opportunity to work for a membership organization with some great people throughout management and the front line teams, opportunity to re-build antiquated systems and processes.

Cons

Corporate culture is quite negative, senior leaders are untrustworthy and self serving. Very hierarchical environment where no-one in the executive team holds themselves accountable, they just pick a scapegoat.

Need to develop trust with your employees again, work on developing those relationships by acknowledging their contributions and supporting their development.

working environment

Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Actuarial Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at CAA South Central Ontario full-time for more than a year

Pros

flexible, work life balance, management, team work, see your contribution reflected in business decision

Cons

scale of company is a little small

A great company to work for

Former Employee - Member Care Counsellor  in  Stoney Creek, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Member Care Counsellor in Stoney Creek, ON (Canada)

I worked at CAA South Central Ontario full-time

Pros

I worked in the call center, and believe me I have worked in at least 8 or 9 of them. In the beginning I was astonished to see people that had been there for 20-25 years. That shows how much people enjoy their jobs it had a very low turnover rate. The people there the agents are the best like family a great people to work with. The company has changed, which is expected become more business oriented... finance driven, but I still feel it was one of the best call centers I had the opportunity to work for.

Cons

The only con would be that you have to have a flexible schedule until you put in your time expect to work the later shifts. There sometimes can be favortism as with all work environments. Very little room for promotion, maybe a couple of lateral promotions but that's about it.

Listen to employees, sometimes those doing the actual jobs have excellent feedback that could improve performance. Also in the beginning there were alot of programs and activities geared towards keeping moral up, I would recommend to keep providing those programs, bonuses and incentives.

APPLICATION DEVELOPER

I have been working at CAA South Central Ontario

Pros

-Friendly environment
    -People are willing to help

Cons

-nothing is bad about this position at CAA

Very low Morale Company

Former Employee - Project Management Intern  in  Thornhill, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Project Management Intern in Thornhill, ON (Canada)

I worked at CAA South Central Ontario as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Friendly management and coworkers in the IT department

Cons

Management seemed oblivious to IT development

Retain your experts

Worked for CAA South Central Ontario? Contribute to the Community!