CACI International

www.caci.com

CACI International Reviews in Chantilly, VA

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Kenneth Asbury

Pros
  • Good work/life balance: I've worked over 40 hours a week maybe 10 times in the last 6 years(in 13 reviews)

• Good benefits, pay, management is very nice and work/life balance is decent(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management refuses to acknowledge employee concerns; even during large Q&A sessions(in 6 reviews)

• No training provided, its a sink or swim culture(in 5 reviews)

22 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It was the best of times and the worst of times

Network Engineer II (Current Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsHas great benefits, good woking envoirment

ConsMost of the bussiness is goverment contracts. Which are being cut downzied.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot keeping people informed , Used to have quarterly meetings letting us know the status of the contracts. Havent had any meetings in over a year. Just layoffs seems like very three months. Just going from one problem to another with no information flow to the workers.

CACI

Vice President/Division Manager (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsGreat people who work hard and care about their customer and the customer's mission. CACI has a good reputation in the customer space.

ConsOrganization is in conflict with itself. Groups within CACI compete for the same opportunities versus focusing on competing with their competitors. Leadership is unwilling to address the issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementReorganize around client verticals and aligned to the business to reduce the amount of internal competition for work.

Smart people, can be a good experience with right client.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsPeople who work here are very smart and talented.
    The company makes sure to emphasize ethics above all else.
    Depending on the client, work can be very rewarding.

ConsRecent cuts have really hurt morale.
    Each project is like it's own individual company.
    There is no company identity beyond projects.
    Employees feel more connected to client than CACI.
    No training opportunities beyond generic computer base courses.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company to work for . The work is super fast paced. The management needs more planning and control of the deadlines

Consultant (Current Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsDecent pay, location and ample parking space .

ConsThe project is not well planned , management cares only about meeting the deadlines , no quality

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease plan and follow the plan .

CACI is all about the group/division and the people you work with.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsCACI has decent benefits. They are a low risk company that stays the course. Very process oriented which leads to some decisions that, in the long run, turn out to be correct. This also enables decisions to be made at the division level.

ConsThe processes that make CACI a sustainable company, can sometimes be overwhelming.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe latest change in C-level management has meant that CACI has lost its way when it comes to taking care of their people.

this job will make you beyond miserable

Background Investigator (Current Employee) Chantilly, VA

Prosyou make your own schedule

Cons*harassment about when a job will be completed, even though its not due yet
    *no regard for contracts- if you sign up to work in a 100 mile radius, expect to be forced to double that.
    * if there is no work in the area, you dont get paid unless you take a tdy assignment else where, away from family.
    * no family time with job as you have to talk to sources in person who dont get home till after 5pm, if your lucky.
    * you get chewed out because people dont want to answer their phones to schedule the interviews.
    * review is constantly reopening you for stuff that should be common sense/ simple to understand stuff. for example, "subject makes a short commute from state a to state b" review wants to know how why.
    * company wants to confront on issues that shouldnt be confronted on case papers, i.e. stuff that happened over 10 or 7 years ago.
    *you get called in the middle of the night to fix a case because review works at night.
    *wear and tear on your own vehicle. already killed one car because of this job, and the .56 reimbursement...yea you turn in a travel report and it gets scrutinized and if you are a mile over, its rejected.
    * not allowed to arm yourself with ANYTHING when doing residential coverage, meaning you are walking around random neighborhoods, knocking on random doors asking strangers if they know this person. ive been grabbed once and had to get stitches. did my team lead care? NO, all he said was, well get back out there and be careful, this HAS to get done.

Advice to Senior Managementtake a goooooood looong look at your turn over rate for background investigator job and start using common sense!

My CACI Review

Proposal Production Manager (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsGreat people, great salary, terrific bonus opportunity

ConsLay offs not determined by any logical format - good, talented, and proven producers laid off without any consideration of work performance

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know the staff!

Loved working at CACI

Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsGreat people, benefits are average(if not better than), excellent management, strong company growth

ConsLimited upward personal growth, difficult adjust me to current market trend, frowned upon to not put in extra effort consistently

Great benefits, not the job for me

Background Investigator (Current Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsGreat benefits, and I get to work from home. As a background investigator your work is in the field. You plan your own schedule, but are responsible for a high level of production

ConsApprox. $40K/year for a full time employee, and the amount of hours required to get the field work and reporting done, is grossly understated.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork closer to your employees to advance them into other positions.

Just another worker bee in the big machine.

Contracts Manager (Current Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsFriendly work environment and a good mix of career individuals to learn from. Company does have tuition reimbursement progam.

ConsDoes not offer flex time or ability to work from home. All awards and spotlight are on techincal positions. Support staff is overlooked and overworked.

Worked for CACI International? Contribute to the Community!