CACI International
www.caci.com Arlington, VA 5000+ Employees

CACI International Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Kenneth Asbury

Pros:
  • "Good work/life balance: I've worked over 40 hours a week maybe 10 times in the last 6 years"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Good benefits, pay, management is very nice and work/life balance is decent"
    in 15 reviews
Cons:
  • "A lot of good people left the company"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Sometimes long hours are required"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Top heavy. Almost non-existent technical staff.

Software (Former Employee)
Dayton, OH

I worked at CACI International full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat IT department. Down to earth and in charge.

ConsManagement was a complete work-a-holic. Come in at 5; work til 6; go home for dinner; come back at 7:30 and finish the night till about 11 or so. I RAN from this place. They considered developers "exempt" status but pay an hourly wage...shady...

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. This place was acquired by a larger company.

Decent place to work

Project Manager (Technical) (Current Employee)
Arlington, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDecent pay, benefits, and advancement opportunities

ConsEmployment is contract driven, no real bench, if contract ends, you are basically on your own. A lot of executive management changes in recent years has turned the place into a less than stellar place to work. For example, they no longer match your 401K on a monthly basis, if you leave the company before Dec 31st, you won't receive the 3% match.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people, take care of you people.

Committed to excellence - and the street

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at CACI International full-time

ProsGood pay (same as other beltway competitors). Plenty of training opportunities on your own time.

ConsTough to move up the food chain. Too much micro managing of the line elements - not enough trust placed in those on the line. Very aggressive in their M&A program (good), but quite a few failures due to no plan on how/where to integrate the acquired company (bad).

All About Signing the Timecard

Paralegal (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than a year

ProsNot the worst government contracting company. They give you 4 hours leave every pay period but no additional sick or vacation time. Decent money for a recent college grad.

ConsI worked for the Department of Justice as a contract employee, and CACI owned my contract. There is a not-so-subtle divide among government employees between those who are employed by DOJ (and enjoy the government perks) and the contractors (who are paid a fraction of their DOJ counterparts). When a bomb threat was called into our building and the office was evacuated, CACI made their contract employees use their "Leave" time if they wanted to be compensated for the day. They send constant e-mails reminding you to sign your timecard precisely at 2 pm. And they generally have no concept of the work their contractors do on-site.

Tries very hard to be seen as a 'tier 1' company, but in many respects behaves and thinks like a struggling tiny company

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 10 years

ProsDecent benefits, but recent cuts have reduced attractiveness. Salaries, once won, are not 'forever'. Some are asked to accept salary reductions to preserve profit for executive bonuses, and nobody except senior management got any pay raises at all last year.

ConsI see very little loyalty 'down', towards those actually earning the money. If the same effort was put into taking care of employees as is put into savagely protecting the company reputation, I would have far more loyalty 'up'.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you really want to be considered a 'tier 1' company, it will help to act like one. Since CACI produces nothing physical but only earns money by selling the abilities and skills of employees, the company would do well to better care for those employees. Ditching them the very moment they are 'uncovered' is not the mark of a class act, nor does it inspire loyalty and admiration among the persons you 'rent out'.

Typical Defense Contracting Company

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThey try to do what they can to keep you if contracts do not get renewed. Large company with decent benefits but not the best. Some projects want you to work just 40 hours so the work life balance is great. Not true for all projects however.

ConsThey keep taking away benefits and raises in efforts to stay competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on standardization of tools/resources across business units.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Shifting Sands

Vice President (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at CACI International full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIndividual people are great to work with.

ConsAnnual organizational re-org - shuffle the deck, throw out some cards, and pick some new ones up.

Advice to Senior ManagementOrganization is a machine - relationship between employer and employee is strictly mercenary.

Very contract driven

Lead Technical Writer (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe company works hard to place workers displaced because of contract loses.

ConsLike all government contracting the bottom line is just that...your job depends on whether the company wins and retains contracts.

Advice to Senior ManagementConcentrate less on expanding by buying companies--work on contract wins and retention.

CACI is a great place to work

Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
Frederick, MD

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat management, continues to win deals during tough times, competitive salaries

ConsDisappointing leave policies, average benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider increasing leave accrual rates

Supporting customers and employees.

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCACI works very hard to provide the very best service possible to their clients. Most companies do this, but CACI excels at it. They also work very hard to support and develop their employees. I've been with CACI for a little over four years, and have absolutely no complaints about how they have treated me.

ConsPrimarily a defense contractor, CACI's fortunes are often tied to the often fickle world of competing for and then keeping government contracts.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you've been doing. Granted, some of the decisions that have had to be made were difficult and unpopular, but were necessary.

Worked for CACI International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CACI International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CACI International CEO Kenneth Asbury. All 284 reviews posted anonymously by CACI International employees.