CACI International

www.caci.com

CACI International Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Kenneth Asbury

Pros
  • Good work/life balance: I've worked over 40 hours a week maybe 10 times in the last 6 years(in 13 reviews)

• Good benefits, pay, management is very nice and work/life balance is decent(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management refuses to acknowledge employee concerns; even during large Q&A sessions(in 6 reviews)

• No training provided, its a sink or swim culture(in 5 reviews)

CACI fails across the board because of an outdated top down management structure that is not properly focused.

Director (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsNot too many these days.

ConsVery little career opportunities or advancement - nepotism is rampant and the crony club at the top makes it a very unhealthy environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider devoting more resources towards the worker bees in the organization and quit thinking so short term on infrastructure upgrades, bonuses, career advancement, etc... your outdated decision making and general mismanagement will not help stop the bleeding that is currently choking profits. Take a time out and get your house in order before buying another company in a failing segment.

Any problem is too hard to figure out for this group of managers

Team Lead (Current Employee) Fayetteville, NC

ProsGreat Pay and the employees are professional

ConsGetting what you need supplied to easily complete the mission

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk other for help because every problem goes unsolved

Ok employer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat work life balance. Great co-workers

ConsInstability with constant restructuring and below average pay for indirect staff.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

CACI

Vice President/Division Manager (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsGreat people who work hard and care about their customer and the customer's mission. CACI has a good reputation in the customer space.

ConsOrganization is in conflict with itself. Groups within CACI compete for the same opportunities versus focusing on competing with their competitors. Leadership is unwilling to address the issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementReorganize around client verticals and aligned to the business to reduce the amount of internal competition for work.

Rough Waters

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsWas a great company. Some really excellent managers and leaders. At present, one's experience here depends on the contract or environment you work in.

ConsThe past few years have seen many layoffs(even the CEO was laid off within the last 2 years) and many VPs and other senior leaders have followed. Now good talent is exiting/running scared and taking contract and corporate knowledge with them. More cuts ahead, and, especially for indirect employees, there is much fear of who will be next. Worked there for many years, have seen much change as this company goes through growing pains. Read the financial analysts, and know that the company is always responding with an eye on the numbers. Worst is how good and loyal employees are being treated during these times. It's simply not necessary to let people go by blindsiding them and treating them disrespectfully. Don't think this hasn't had a terrible effect on the "survivors" and long-term health of the company. HR isn't doing much here to improve the situation. Where is the alignment with Jack London's focus on character and ethics?

Advice to Senior ManagementAlign actions to words. Lots of companies are going through tough times but there is a better way to treat employees, even if you have to let them go.

Dominant Government Contracting Agency

Network Engineer, Lead (Former Employee)

ProsThis company roles with force and gets winning contracts seeming effortlessly. The company is willing to move it's people around for work/contracts and you can have a position if you are willing to move every few years. There is also a good chance that your initial contract will be funded for numerous years as well. The company seems to believe in training employees as well. When the going is good then it is good.

ConsTreats employees like herded cattle with little to no foresight on the future plans unless you are in the management groups. We had a direct regional manager come to our location and tell us in person that our jobs were safe and the very next week people were laid off due to the government sequestration which was one our biggest concerns that prompted the regional director to come talk to us. When money is lost on a contract then things are rough.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall I didn't think CACI was a bad company but it didn't seem personable at all. Try to change the feeling from a typical contracting company environment to a more personal feel. I'm sure that the headquarters and branch offices have that type of feel but if you are a contractor at a customer location then the feeling is not the same.

Good company, experience depends on PM

Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsCACI provides good opportunities and training for its employees, and offers some security in the contracting world with a mobility board to give more opportunities to current employees.

ConsCACI relies heavily on their Program Managers without providing a mechanism for holding them accountable. The Program Manager determines the culture and opportunities for the growth of their employees, regardless of what CACI HQ promotes.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a 360 for review process for Program Managers to allow employees to provide feedback on their Program Manager's performance.

Good company

ProsIts a good company to work for many opportunities to move around to all sectors of the company

ConsSometimes you end up getting stuck in one job not able to move out of it

Advice to Senior ManagementSatisfy the people that work for you

The Good Times are Over

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits were great. Management was great. Work life balance was manageable. Worked with a great group of talented people. I really enjoyed my experience at CACI until the last 2 years.

ConsThe company culture shifted, with multiple restructures and acquisitions. The management style shifted to cut throat, my way or the highway mentality. The culture Jack London cultivated over many years is gone. Cost cutting measures have resulted in multiple lay-offs (over the last 3 years), benefits reductions (including removing coffee from the offices) with no reduction in senior management compensation. Employee morale is extremely low. There is limited formal training, mostly just sink or swim. Growth opportunities are limited for Indirect positions (even during the boom times).

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your infrastructure. The back office systems are outdated and disconnected, which causes waste and inefficiencies for your staff and ultimately impacts your customer. Further it impacts your ability to be responsive and competitive in a tight market. With regard to senior leadership, it's time for a change - big change and salary reform.

GO CACI

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGood leadership; staff is dedicated and has integrity

ConsJob previously held was mis-labeled, and I was under-employed..

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job of hanging onto laid off employees. Company HR and Job Vacancy site says you are hired for a "career" not just a specific job, but they are awful quick to let you go when the Contract ends.

Worked for CACI International? Contribute to the Community!