CACI International Reviews

Updated August 19, 2014
Updated August 19, 2014

3.5

Kenneth Asbury

Pros
  • Good work/life balance: I've worked over 40 hours a week maybe 10 times in the last 6 years (in 13 reviews)

• Good benefits, pay, management is very nice and work/life balance is decent (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Working on the client site, you get very limited vacation time (in 6 reviews)

• Senior management refuses to acknowledge employee concerns; even during large Q&A sessions (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent Company

Current Employee - Web Developer  in  Fort Benning, GA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Fort Benning, GA

I have been working at CACI International as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work hours, excellent pay, and treats employees with respect no matter what level you are. There are also many opportunities and locations, so no matter what you do or where you want to be there is always an opportunity.

Cons

Not a lot of room for movement as far as climbing the ladder. It's also mostly contract based and there is definitely risk involved.

Honesty, Integrity, Values

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you work hard, perform at your best, and always work for the best interest of your Customer and their needs, then this is the company for you. Been with the company for quite a few years, and they've always treated me excellent. Never had a "boss", or at least didn't feel that way about any of them, they have always been professional and respected input and listened to suggestions. More of a collaborative Team effort to get the best done for the customer; Seniors listen, and that's important. Very good educational and computer based training options. This company has always been as loyal to me, as I have been to them. Offered me great opportunities, and always valued my opinion and service. Jack London specifically, is a great and personable man of the utmost integrity, I rather miss his style and presence. Current CEO is IMO is just as honorable and forthright.

Cons

Benefits about the same as other contractors in area, good in some areas, weak in others. Bonus are rarely given out, but it depends upon the contracts you're working on. The BD folks and capture managers will try to suck you dry for knowledge to win a contract, and when you win, you never see any of that money in bonuses, yet they expect you drop everything to win a contract and help. When you win a contract and it was your insight and knowledge that was primarily responsible for the win... you SHOULD be compensated or rewarded for that. That is my biggest and only complaint!

Compensate or Reward those who are responsible for Contract Wins. The BD and Capture Managers are not the ones who win these. While they certainly deserve something, they didn't do it alone, and those folks should be thankful for the input and insights provided for the proposal by those who know the customer and the organization. I hate participating in the evolution because all they are to me is *extra* work and usually after hours, which takes me away from my primary customer without anything other than a "thank you" and lip service by the capture managers.

I worked at CACI International

Pros

Strong culture of individual & team accomplishment, ethics, accountability. Strong company in bit Federal govt & probate company contracts.

Cons

Compensation good but Federal contacts are pushing down on contact salaries due to Federal budget chaos.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Manager.

Current Employee - Project Manager (Technical)  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager (Technical) in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CACI International as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits. Good pay.

Cons

When the contract is over so is your job unless you scramble for more work.

Pay more attention to the people actually doing the work.

For the most part I've liked my co-workers and managers and learned a decent amount.

I worked at CACI International

Pros

I've liked most of my managers and supervisors and met a huge variety of interesting, nice friendly people. I've learned a lot and the vacation time and holidays are pretty good. The benefits are decent, not the best and not the worst.

Cons

The cons are the layoffs when a project ends and the constant insecurity of not knowing when a layoff is coming and then having to scramble around and apply for a new job. Also they seem to promote people who project a good image and do well in interviews rather than the quiet, hardworking, detail oriented employees who do good work.

Great Company!

I have been working at CACI International

Pros

Good Benefits and veteran support

Cons

Working on site reduced corporate culture

Sr. Program Manager

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

CACI is well positioned in the IT sector and has highly qualified employees that are dedicated to their jobs and provide excellent services to their clients.

Cons

As with most of the large companies in the professional services industry we are feeling the impacts of the delays in budget approvals and the agencies slow execution of awards.

Management needs to improve their evaluation of the potential ramifications of planned company reorganizations on the ability of the impacted groups ability to execute their operations.

CACI Needs New managers

Current Employee - Team Lead  in  Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company hires great employees but then does not allow them to move up.

Cons

Not every retired Officer is a great manager, you can see that here.

Update and upgrade your out of date thinking.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Hard Working and Dependable co-workers; office atmosphere can be tense at times, but co-workers manage to complete the required tasks while still remaining positive.
    - Management is honest, straight forward, and very approachable.
    - Highly competitive salary and benefits.

Cons

- Projects are often forecast with minimal specs (both hours and resources) and started with unrealistic deadlines as a result of the thinly provisioned specs. As a result, ops temple within the office can be very demanding and stressful at times.
    - Training opportunities tend to be project driven, even though the demand for certain expertise exist regardless of project status.
    - Recent downturn in government funding has severely affected everything listed above (resources and training budgets), forcing current employees to do more with less.

Consider offering employees an outlet to break away from the norm; with ever increasing demands on current staff, we need some kind of outlet. Recommend more social events to release stress and socialize with one another: picnics, pot-lucks, happy hour, etc.
    Also, training can be one way to ensure current staff of capable of doing more with less. Valuable skill-sets gathered from corporate vendors and other third-party agencies can result in a well-rounded workforce capable of handling future challenges.

FANTASTIC LEARNING EXPERIENCE

I worked at CACI International

Pros

-Plenty of training
    -Great Benefits
    -Great company

Cons

-Contractors are left out to dry
    -No advancement opportunities, don't expect a raise

Continue investing in your employees. Offer incentives to continue learning (ex. advancement opportunities)

Worked for CACI International? Contribute to the Community!