CACI International

Updated November 25, 2014
Updated November 25, 2014
3.4

Kenneth Asbury

Pros
  • Good work/life balance: I've worked over 40 hours a week maybe 10 times in the last 6 years (in 13 reviews)

• Livable work and life balance, good benefits, mostly decent people (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Working on the client site, you get very limited vacation time (in 9 reviews)

• It feels like the senior management is flying blind and only looking out for themselves (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company.

Former Employee - Counterintelligence Planner, Lead
    Former Employee - Counterintelligence Planner, Lead

I worked at CACI International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility in job location and job type; CACI seemed to have a positive reputation among the multiple government/military work-sites I supported; good pay and adequate benefits. Room for advancement. Management was generally open about changes the company planned to implement.

Cons

Inadequate HR/Management response to retain qualified individuals when a contract is lost. Organization communication plan was, at times, slow to reach employees working in overseas locations. A greater emphasis on timely communication of organizational changes would have been beneficial.

Work harder to keep long tem employees.

Good company to work for

I worked at CACI International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

By in large, I worked with a lot of capable individuals. The benefits are outstanding and the pay is fair. Will try to retain your services by moving you laterally to another position.

Cons

Just like any other contractor, you never know when your contract might end. If they are in a subcontractor status, sometimes the pay commensurate to your skills won't be available to you.

Be honest with your top performers. Do not assume that just because a contracts stability is tenuous, that the employees will not bring their best effort. Doing this leaves a very bad taste in their mouths and breeds mistrust and discord. This is a good way to lose quality employees.

Great place to work, management actually stopped by regularly

Former Employee - Information Security Engineer in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Information Security Engineer in Chantilly, VA

I worked at CACI International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

training, salary, work load, people

Cons

hard to get promoted at current location

Defense contractor in Arlington Va

I have been working at CACI International

Pros

Salary is competitive, good people
    to work with, great location (near the metro), challenging environment, great opportunities, good leadership

Cons

The pace is quite slow at time, expectations are not clearly set , processes not in place, turnover creates confusion

Good benefits

Current Employee - Principal Functional Analyst in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Principal Functional Analyst in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

copetitve compensation and benefits package.

Cons

medical insurance is not good.

Disorganized

Former Employee - Veterans Affairs Benefits Advisor in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Veterans Affairs Benefits Advisor in San Diego, CA

I worked at CACI International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits, lots of former military work here so great for military retirees who want to want to 'stay connected.'

Cons

Pay was terrible considering the cost of living in San Diego. If you don't have additional source of income, it's tough to live off this salary.

Increase pay, reduce disorganization.

Company with integrity losing integrity fast

Current Employee - Background Investigator in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Background Investigator in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The first line supervisors can be very easy to work with.

Cons

With the loss of work for USIS, CACI has become money hungry. Most of the new employees make more money than the legacy staff. Management and HR are not interested in providing rectification. Opportunities for growth were promised for legacy staff, but this is only if you know someone or if you are willing to take a pay cut.

Stop bad business practices and treat legacy staff properly by ensuring equal pay and benefits. Promote investigators with pay raises in new jobs, not cuts.

Management was deceitful when we acquired former USIS employees

Current Employee - Background Investigator/Mentor
    Current Employee - Background Investigator/Mentor

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Before the huge influx of employees from USIS CACI was a very good company

Cons

Many legacy employees were encouraged to apply for positions due to the expansion of the contract. Many qualified employees were not even interviewed but instead CACI picked up former USIS management. It's a shame that CACI did not promote within first but they looked outside the organization. There are problems already starting with these former USIS managers.

With the influx of investigators CACI has not increased the salaries of their legacy employees. To me this is a slap in the face and will be seeking employment else where. CACI will be losing many qualified and loyal employees if something is not done. You bring your concerns to management and nothing is done. The excuses you keep getting is that they have a great wealth of knowledge...but my response is if they are so good why did they lose the contract.

OK place to work

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It is a solid company. The office culture depends on whether you were acquired by CACI. Depending on your manager you can have some flexibility with working from home. When it's crunch time hours can be long. You are expected to do what it takes in terms of hours to get it done right.

Cons

The morale is not as high as before. There have been a lot of lay-offs. Since the government contracts are really focusing the bottom-line the company has made significant efforts to do more with less employees.

Great Job!!

Current Employee - LAN/WAN Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - LAN/WAN Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

CACI was a great company to work for. I started out in the Middle East (Bahrain) and was transferred to Tampa. In both locations I worked in Network Admin type role for a system called Promina.

Cons

There were very few challenges with this job. My only issue was prior to getting hired I almost lost out to someone less qualified due to someone's personal pick for the position. I ended up interviewing again while waiting on an offer letter.

CACI International Photos