CACI International Reviews

Updated October 24, 2014
Updated October 24, 2014
3.4

Kenneth Asbury

Pros
  • Good work/life balance: I've worked over 40 hours a week maybe 10 times in the last 6 years (in 13 reviews)

• Livable work and life balance, good benefits, mostly decent people (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Working on the client site, you get very limited vacation time (in 8 reviews)

• It feels like the senior management is flying blind and only looking out for themselves (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

OK place to work

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It is a solid company. The office culture depends on whether you were acquired by CACI. Depending on your manager you can have some flexibility with working from home. When it's crunch time hours can be long. You are expected to do what it takes in terms of hours to get it done right.

Cons

The morale is not as high as before. There have been a lot of lay-offs. Since the government contracts are really focusing the bottom-line the company has made significant efforts to do more with less employees.

Great Job!!

Current Employee - LAN/WAN Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - LAN/WAN Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

CACI was a great company to work for. I started out in the Middle East (Bahrain) and was transferred to Tampa. In both locations I worked in Network Admin type role for a system called Promina.

Cons

There were very few challenges with this job. My only issue was prior to getting hired I almost lost out to someone less qualified due to someone's personal pick for the position. I ended up interviewing again while waiting on an offer letter.

Good people, good projects

Current Employee - Technical Trainer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technical Trainer in Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A lot of autonomy and great clients.

Cons

Difficult to get a raise.

Find ways to increase communication with employees on projects.

CACI

Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI International as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

CACI employs talented people. Their recruiters work with you in a professional manner and are timely in coordinating interviews and providing timely feedback. The benefits are also fairly competitive with other Defense Contractors.

Cons

Like most Defense Contractor employment, you will be assigned to a client site and never see a CACI office again. However, that is part of the bargain when you sign up to be a contractor. Also, goals and objectives for career growth are really never discussed with you during your tenure. It's all about pleasing the client which might not be a bad thing.

My advice is to get out and meet your people.

Small company feel for a large firm

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at CACI International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities, very involved in community activities, very pro-veteran

Cons

hard to find other opportunities within the company if your contract ends

I had a great experience with CACI.

I worked at CACI International full-time

Pros

Great people to work for, very flexible with your schedule.

Cons

There really is nowhere to move up at the particular job I was at but it is a great stepping stone for future employment.

Mixed Reaction to an Average Company

Current Employee - Background Investigator I in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Background Investigator I in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at CACI International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am a Background Investigator who came over to CACI after the implosion of USIS. The management style is def better than the previous employer, but CACI comes with its own string of problems. The benefits package for medical and dental are good and reasonable. Pay is higher.

Cons

Technology tools are way behind. For example I work from home office and my CACI supplied laptop does not even have MS Office loaded on it. CACI's advice is to use either your personal PC or the CACI supplied iPhone. OK. . . here is a question for all the CACI MBAs. . . how can we update Excel spreadsheets containing 100 lines of data on my iPhone? Many off their processes are tedious compared to the competitors. For a company that provides IT professionals in so many government contracts, their in house IT is surprisingly archaic.

Vesting for the 401K is 3 years. I am not planning on staying 3 years so I am not participating.

HR here is incompetent. For example, I have seen them double withhold state income tax from multiple states where the employee did not live or work. They input women as men, and men as women for benefits. They input your address for benefits in a state you have never lived in and it takes 5 weeks to sort out such a minor detail, but it prevents you from using your medical and dental coverage. Also job offers for certain hourly rate went out that include and health and welfare benefit of $4.00, not as the customary practice to have the hourly rate plus H&W listed. So many were surprised to see their first paycheck short. Classic used car saleman trick! But they signed it!

Management obsesses about timecards which have more data fields than any other company I have ever seen. No surprise when folks fat finger the input, or when HR does not have the proper codes authorized for you to use and you can't save the timecard. Result is everyone on your team has the same timecard problem, leading to . . .

Management is totally reactive to issues. Only when every single member of the team has a question or problem will they finally communicate to all what to do. This plays out almost every single day and you can predict how they will handle it, which does nothing but frustrate the employees and wastes the junior managements time. The response is almost always a total surprise that this problem has occurred followed by scrambling and drop everything to correct it.

Straighten out your systems that are outdated and tedious or you will find many of the employees you worked hard to recruit and train are going to go elsewhere. Many of my colleagues predict that CACI Investigative Services will be like USIS in two years.

Employee Recycling Plant

Current Employee - Cyber Security in Springfield, VA
    Current Employee - Cyber Security in Springfield, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Standard customer base. Average benifit package. Central corporate offices.

Cons

No care and feeding. Poor communication. Lack of corporate and upper management reach back.

Management needs to be required to complete management and communication skill training.

Good at first, but culture has been getting worse

Current Employee - Project Manager (Technical) in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager (Technical) in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The working hours are great, flexibility of work hours and generally the people you work with on their contracts are smart and come to work everyday with a positive attitude. I have been with the company for 2 years and we have done a lot of good things for our clients.

Cons

For all the good things that you do on the job working for clients, the company has seemed to completely forget about taking care of their employees over the past 2 years. Due to various factors, the company isn't making as much profit as they used to and they are passing the losses to the employees to keep their profit margins as high as possible. Even if you are on a contract or business group that is making a ton of money, dont expect any perks or a raise. They havent given ANYONE a raise in 2 years, reworked the 401k to screw people that leave the company mid-year, and have done basically everything they can to save a dollar. If I wanted to work for the government and get treated like that, I would have taken a government job.

I feel like leadership is jerking us around and not being honest.

Ok if you are on a good project

I worked at CACI International full-time

Pros

LIke most consulitng/contracting companies in the DC area, if you have a good client then you will enjoy your job.

Cons

The company sees you as just a number and revenue stream. As long as you are billable on the client site then you are fine but if you are looking to transistion to another project it will fall on you to network that change.

CACI International Photos

The Caci Building (Photo thanks to Flickr user poppyott All rights reserved.)
2013 AUSA Career Fair
Window Lounge right outside my cube
CACI International Inc. Wins BMP Award for Excellence