CACI International Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014
Updated August 28, 2014

3.5

Kenneth Asbury

Pros
  • Good work/life balance: I've worked over 40 hours a week maybe 10 times in the last 6 years (in 13 reviews)

• Good benefits, pay, management is very nice and work/life balance is decent (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Working on the client site, you get very limited vacation time (in 6 reviews)

• Senior management refuses to acknowledge employee concerns; even during large Q&A sessions (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent Company

Current Employee - Web Developer  in  Fort Benning, GA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Fort Benning, GA

I have been working at CACI International as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work hours, excellent pay, and treats employees with respect no matter what level you are. There are also many opportunities and locations, so no matter what you do or where you want to be there is always an opportunity.

Cons

Not a lot of room for movement as far as climbing the ladder. It's also mostly contract based and there is definitely risk involved.

Government Contract work has its ups and downs.

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Team Leader in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company offers generous education benefits that can provide you the skills to advance. The company has a significant variety of work that they support in addition to global wide. This enables an individual to transfer to another area after a year at the current position.

Cons

Government contract work during this time of financial turmoil can be tricky, stressful and unpredictable due to government leadership. It seems that things are getting worse if you are not supporting Intelligence and Cyber.

Project Manager.

Current Employee - Project Manager (Technical)  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager (Technical) in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CACI International as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits. Good pay.

Cons

When the contract is over so is your job unless you scramble for more work.

Pay more attention to the people actually doing the work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Honesty, Integrity, Values

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you work hard, perform at your best, and always work for the best interest of your Customer and their needs, then this is the company for you. Been with the company for quite a few years, and they've always treated me excellent. Never had a "boss", or at least didn't feel that way about any of them, they have always been professional and respected input and listened to suggestions. More of a collaborative Team effort to get the best done for the customer; Seniors listen, and that's important. Very good educational and computer based training options. This company has always been as loyal to me, as I have been to them. Offered me great opportunities, and always valued my opinion and service. Jack London specifically, is a great and personable man of the utmost integrity, I rather miss his style and presence. Current CEO is IMO is just as honorable and forthright.

Cons

Benefits about the same as other contractors in area, good in some areas, weak in others. Bonus are rarely given out, but it depends upon the contracts you're working on. The BD folks and capture managers will try to suck you dry for knowledge to win a contract, and when you win, you never see any of that money in bonuses, yet they expect you drop everything to win a contract and help. When you win a contract and it was your insight and knowledge that was primarily responsible for the win... you SHOULD be compensated or rewarded for that. That is my biggest and only complaint!

Compensate or Reward those who are responsible for Contract Wins. The BD and Capture Managers are not the ones who win these. While they certainly deserve something, they didn't do it alone, and those folks should be thankful for the input and insights provided for the proposal by those who know the customer and the organization. I hate participating in the evolution because all they are to me is *extra* work and usually after hours, which takes me away from my primary customer without anything other than a "thank you" and lip service by the capture managers.

I worked at CACI International

Pros

Strong culture of individual & team accomplishment, ethics, accountability. Strong company in bit Federal govt & probate company contracts.

Cons

Compensation good but Federal contacts are pushing down on contact salaries due to Federal budget chaos.

Great Company!

I have been working at CACI International

Pros

Good Benefits and veteran support

Cons

Working on site reduced corporate culture

For the most part I've liked my co-workers and managers and learned a decent amount.

I worked at CACI International

Pros

I've liked most of my managers and supervisors and met a huge variety of interesting, nice friendly people. I've learned a lot and the vacation time and holidays are pretty good. The benefits are decent, not the best and not the worst.

Cons

The cons are the layoffs when a project ends and the constant insecurity of not knowing when a layoff is coming and then having to scramble around and apply for a new job. Also they seem to promote people who project a good image and do well in interviews rather than the quiet, hardworking, detail oriented employees who do good work.

Going Nowhere

Current Employee - Task Supervisor I
    Current Employee - Task Supervisor I

I have been working at CACI International full-time

Pros

Best part of this company is that you get plenty of time off, freedom in setting and adjusting your schedule, and management is reluctant to fire anyone, instead they work hard to try to make you successful at your position. Also, health benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Opportunity for advancement is nonexistent. Pay is pathetic. At least in our division, the work is mind-numbingly boring (I've heard it referred to as a GIS sweatshop by an outsider familiar with our work). Tasks are so specific that you aren't able to receive training beyond your immediate role, making you only qualified for the job you have which is not transferrable to almost any other company.

The nature of the work is changing and our current setup is unsustainable, completely revamp the GIS division making it smaller and able to accomplish more diverse tasks across the GIS realm. Nothing short of a complete overhaul will solve the problems.

CACI Needs New managers

Current Employee - Team Lead  in  Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company hires great employees but then does not allow them to move up.

Cons

Not every retired Officer is a great manager, you can see that here.

Update and upgrade your out of date thinking.

Sr. Program Manager

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

CACI is well positioned in the IT sector and has highly qualified employees that are dedicated to their jobs and provide excellent services to their clients.

Cons

As with most of the large companies in the professional services industry we are feeling the impacts of the delays in budget approvals and the agencies slow execution of awards.

Management needs to improve their evaluation of the potential ramifications of planned company reorganizations on the ability of the impacted groups ability to execute their operations.

Worked for CACI International? Contribute to the Community!