CACI International Reviews

Updated October 16, 2014
Updated October 16, 2014
3.4

Kenneth Asbury

Pros
  • Good work/life balance: I've worked over 40 hours a week maybe 10 times in the last 6 years (in 13 reviews)

• Livable work and life balance, good benefits, mostly decent people (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Working on the client site, you get very limited vacation time (in 8 reviews)

• It feels like the senior management is flying blind and only looking out for themselves (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

OK place to work

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It is a solid company. The office culture depends on whether you were acquired by CACI. Depending on your manager you can have some flexibility with working from home. When it's crunch time hours can be long. You are expected to do what it takes in terms of hours to get it done right.

Cons

The morale is not as high as before. There have been a lot of lay-offs. Since the government contracts are really focusing the bottom-line the company has made significant efforts to do more with less employees.

CACI

Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI International as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

CACI employs talented people. Their recruiters work with you in a professional manner and are timely in coordinating interviews and providing timely feedback. The benefits are also fairly competitive with other Defense Contractors.

Cons

Like most Defense Contractor employment, you will be assigned to a client site and never see a CACI office again. However, that is part of the bargain when you sign up to be a contractor. Also, goals and objectives for career growth are really never discussed with you during your tenure. It's all about pleasing the client which might not be a bad thing.

My advice is to get out and meet your people.

Good people, good projects

Current Employee - Technical Trainer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technical Trainer in Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A lot of autonomy and great clients.

Cons

Difficult to get a raise.

Find ways to increase communication with employees on projects.

Small company feel for a large firm

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at CACI International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities, very involved in community activities, very pro-veteran

Cons

hard to find other opportunities within the company if your contract ends

I had a great experience with CACI.

I worked at CACI International full-time

Pros

Great people to work for, very flexible with your schedule.

Cons

There really is nowhere to move up at the particular job I was at but it is a great stepping stone for future employment.

Impressed with People, not with pay

Current Employee - Senior Lead Property Management Specialist in Aberdeen, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Lead Property Management Specialist in Aberdeen, MD

I have been working at CACI International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company values their employees. They are always able to work with you on any matter, both working or in your personal life.

Cons

The pay is below even the low end of the pay chart.

Good at first, but culture has been getting worse

Current Employee - Project Manager (Technical) in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager (Technical) in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The working hours are great, flexibility of work hours and generally the people you work with on their contracts are smart and come to work everyday with a positive attitude. I have been with the company for 2 years and we have done a lot of good things for our clients.

Cons

For all the good things that you do on the job working for clients, the company has seemed to completely forget about taking care of their employees over the past 2 years. Due to various factors, the company isn't making as much profit as they used to and they are passing the losses to the employees to keep their profit margins as high as possible. Even if you are on a contract or business group that is making a ton of money, dont expect any perks or a raise. They havent given ANYONE a raise in 2 years, reworked the 401k to screw people that leave the company mid-year, and have done basically everything they can to save a dollar. If I wanted to work for the government and get treated like that, I would have taken a government job.

I feel like leadership is jerking us around and not being honest.

Ok if you are on a good project

I worked at CACI International full-time

Pros

LIke most consulitng/contracting companies in the DC area, if you have a good client then you will enjoy your job.

Cons

The company sees you as just a number and revenue stream. As long as you are billable on the client site then you are fine but if you are looking to transistion to another project it will fall on you to network that change.

Really depends on your group

Current Employee - Software Developer II in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Software Developer II in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you're in a group where the management has been there for a while, on an established contract, this job is great. If you're in one of the older buildings, or have tenure, you can get a fantastic office. Often they are willing to hire you at a very competitive salary, if you have the skills to back it up.

Cons

If you're working on a short-term gig, it's going to be tough. Also, they are doing all the things a company would do right before filing bankruptcy: removing all the cups, spoons, and coffee from the kitchens, holding back pay, delaying performance reviews, "going green" by cutting every imaginable thing they can. Even the plants in the office were cut. I can't tell if it's new management "trimming the fat" or if its a sign of the company going belly-up. The laptop you get to work with is so loaded down with security bloatware that it can barely run outlook.

Remember that the hourly wage of your average worker is so much higher than the things you're cutting to save $ - If it takes 30 minutes to restart your laptop, that's $10 lost in productivity daily, or $2600 per worker per year. If they have to go to the store and get their own coffee maker, and brew their coffee the slow way, that might be $1000 per worker per year. It all adds up to huge losses in efficiency and morale at the cost of a few surface dollars. Do some real analysis on how you can save money.

I was very happy to work with CACI International

Former Employee - Software QA Specialist III in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Software QA Specialist III in Alexandria, VA

I worked at CACI International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Every one in the team was so helpful.

Cons

Selenium web drive learning was my challenge.

CACI International Photos

The Caci Building (Photo thanks to Flickr user poppyott All rights reserved.)
2013 AUSA Career Fair
Window Lounge right outside my cube
CACI International Inc. Wins BMP Award for Excellence