CACI International

www.caci.com

CACI International Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Kenneth Asbury

Pros
  • Good work/life balance: I've worked over 40 hours a week maybe 10 times in the last 6 years (in 13 reviews)

• Good benefits, pay, management is very nice and work/life balance is decent (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Working on the client site, you get very limited vacation time (in 6 reviews)

• Senior management refuses to acknowledge employee concerns; even during large Q&A sessions (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Charlottesville, VA

Pros- Hard Working and Dependable co-workers; office atmosphere can be tense at times, but co-workers manage to complete the required tasks while still remaining positive.
    - Management is honest, straight forward, and very approachable.
    - Highly competitive salary and benefits.

Cons- Projects are often forecast with minimal specs (both hours and resources) and started with unrealistic deadlines as a result of the thinly provisioned specs. As a result, ops temple within the office can be very demanding and stressful at times.
    - Training opportunities tend to be project driven, even though the demand for certain expertise exist regardless of project status.
    - Recent downturn in government funding has severely affected everything listed above (resources and training budgets), forcing current employees to do more with less.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider offering employees an outlet to break away from the norm; with ever increasing demands on current staff, we need some kind of outlet. Recommend more social events to release stress and socialize with one another: picnics, pot-lucks, happy hour, etc.
    Also, training can be one way to ensure current staff of capable of doing more with less. Valuable skill-sets gathered from corporate vendors and other third-party agencies can result in a well-rounded workforce capable of handling future challenges.

FANTASTIC LEARNING EXPERIENCE

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Plenty of training
    -Great Benefits
    -Great company

Cons-Contractors are left out to dry
    -No advancement opportunities, don't expect a raise

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue investing in your employees. Offer incentives to continue learning (ex. advancement opportunities)

Wooster OH- closed- so this review is not really that helpful

Quality Control Technician II (Current Employee) Wooster, OH

Prostraining, personal growth good, pay good for area. Most of this applied when it was an independent company, TechniGraphics.

Consit's closed, it was the only geospatial shop in town

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Specialist

Contract Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsReally nice, caring managers, when you can get one of your own.
    The good employees are really really good.
    Good salary, in theory.

ConsThey are cutting a lot of corners.
    They forced me to use my vacation several times when I didn't want to, leaving me short for my planned time off.
    They have people working jobs they can't do in order to fill a spot.
    Losing time due to helping them with billing.
    Have very little control over subcontracting situations. People were getting overworked or lied to about the stability of their jobs.
    No bench.
    Not easy to move around from team to team.
    Not a big variety of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that it's unethical to force me to use my time off. If you fail to keep me engaged, it's your fault, not mine.

Staff Cuts Hurting Client and Corporate Mission

Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsPay Check, Keep Security Clearance

ConsLack of corporate focus, disconnection between management and employes, massive company layoffs with no clear plan regarding growing business and maintaining client satisfaction.,

Advice to Senior ManagementCACI used to be a recognized leader in providing skilled and competent analysts to meet client needs. However, a focus on quarterly numbers has led to a gutted workforce and management that is now unable to sustain current and win new business.

It's a job

Production Clerk/Document Management Analyst (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsI feel like the health insurance and dental benefits were pretty good. I was able to select a really low-cost health insurance plan that fit my limited needs and then also a really comprehensive dental plan, that still was not very expensive, and fit my needs there. Pay was low to start, but I was able to get an increase (granted, those are tough to come by) which put me above market.

ConsWorking on the client site, you get very limited vacation time. There's 13 days leave a year, but nothing additional for sick days, snow days, or days like Black Friday or Christmas Eve that are really holidays but you don't get off. You're a temp for the first 90 days (or more) with no benefits and no vacation time accumulation. You only start off with one day of leave and you accumulate 1/2 a day per period, but somehow it runs 2 weeks behind. So it takes a really long time to accumulate a sizable amount of leave, especially with sick days/snow days eating into it. Management really does not value employees much, it's more like literally being a line of a balance sheet, and can be draconian. Not much room for advancement, really.

Divided Company Atmosphere

Project Manager (Technical) (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsVery knowledgeable management that cares about their workforce. Good benefits, great work locations, and integration of mobility board increased job opportunities across the company.

ConsExtremely segmented organization. You can tell that CACI International is a company made up of many acquisitions. Little to no knowledge sharing across the organization.

Disheartening

Executive Management (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsCACI used to be a well-regarded company. I like the people I work with, who try very hard to do the right thing and maintain a positive attitude despite the workload, cutbacks, and expectations that are not based in reasonable accounting for hours and efforts.

ConsCACI used to have the feel of a small company where everyone knows your name, even as it moved past $3B and had the heft to swing against the larger competition. Leadership of the past 12-18 months has changed that. While they've shifted resources to make some sorely needed fixes to the IT infrastructure and a few other areas, the overall tone is one that doesn't foster teamwork, trust, or the venerable CACI values. The company has gone through at least three major reorganizations with hundreds of personnel let go. In a down-turning market, some of that is to be expected, however it was managed so poorly as to have damaged on-going operations and relationships with our customers. Senior leadership is so focused on the quarterly numbers they've ceased actually leading.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is poor, starting at the top. There is a difference between a goal and an actual strategy. Numbers alone don't equal either one. I no longer refer friends and colleagues to CACI, as they would have little job security, benefit from no downward loyalty, and have few real opportunities for advancement, official pronouncements regardless. The "climate survey" was laughable, with options that ranged from "fine" to "great", but no room for real feedback.

Has been a good ride until this year.

Functional Analyst (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsPaycheck, friendly co-workers, benefits, ethical for the most part.

ConsTurmoil, lack of leadership, no guidance on the plan for the current or future, lack of communictions, need I say more?

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiding the facts and start listening to your employees who are left after the mass firings that have occured. You need to get in touch with your employees and realize that everything is not going according to your plan.

Don't unpack your bags.

ProsYou keep your clearance. Learn some technical knowledge fom senior coworkers. Assisted with relocation. Employee mobility program after one year with the company.

ConsManagement is disconnected and outdated. Pay does not cover the cost of living in the DC area compared to other contracts. Relocation is tedious and seems like the company provides unwillingly. Contract is always on alert for required travel or near expiration with little or no notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementCOLA must be taken into consideration for large metro areas. Middle management is out of touch with common practices and technology of today. Severe disconnect in communication. Career opportunities are nearly nonexistant due to pay and benefits.

Worked for CACI International? Contribute to the Community!