CACI International

Updated September 17, 2014
Updated September 17, 2014
3.5

Kenneth Asbury

Pros
  • Good work/life balance: I've worked over 40 hours a week maybe 10 times in the last 6 years (in 13 reviews)

• Good benefits, pay, management is very nice and work/life balance is decent (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Working on the client site, you get very limited vacation time (in 6 reviews)

• Senior management refuses to acknowledge employee concerns; even during large Q&A sessions (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Government Contract work has its ups and downs.

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Team Leader in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company offers generous education benefits that can provide you the skills to advance. The company has a significant variety of work that they support in addition to global wide. This enables an individual to transfer to another area after a year at the current position.

Cons

Government contract work during this time of financial turmoil can be tricky, stressful and unpredictable due to government leadership. It seems that things are getting worse if you are not supporting Intelligence and Cyber.

Honesty, Integrity, Values

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you work hard, perform at your best, and always work for the best interest of your Customer and their needs, then this is the company for you. Been with the company for quite a few years, and they've always treated me excellent. Never had a "boss", or at least didn't feel that way about any of them, they have always been professional and respected input and listened to suggestions. More of a collaborative Team effort to get the best done for the customer; Seniors listen, and that's important. Very good educational and computer based training options. This company has always been as loyal to me, as I have been to them. Offered me great opportunities, and always valued my opinion and service. Jack London specifically, is a great and personable man of the utmost integrity, I rather miss his style and presence. Current CEO is IMO is just as honorable and forthright.

Cons

Benefits about the same as other contractors in area, good in some areas, weak in others. Bonus are rarely given out, but it depends upon the contracts you're working on. The BD folks and capture managers will try to suck you dry for knowledge to win a contract, and when you win, you never see any of that money in bonuses, yet they expect you drop everything to win a contract and help. When you win a contract and it was your insight and knowledge that was primarily responsible for the win... you SHOULD be compensated or rewarded for that. That is my biggest and only complaint!

Compensate or Reward those who are responsible for Contract Wins. The BD and Capture Managers are not the ones who win these. While they certainly deserve something, they didn't do it alone, and those folks should be thankful for the input and insights provided for the proposal by those who know the customer and the organization. I hate participating in the evolution because all they are to me is *extra* work and usually after hours, which takes me away from my primary customer without anything other than a "thank you" and lip service by the capture managers.

Excellent Company

Current Employee - Web Developer  in  Fort Benning, GA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Fort Benning, GA

I have been working at CACI International as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work hours, excellent pay, and treats employees with respect no matter what level you are. There are also many opportunities and locations, so no matter what you do or where you want to be there is always an opportunity.

Cons

Not a lot of room for movement as far as climbing the ladder. It's also mostly contract based and there is definitely risk involved.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlottesville, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Hard Working and Dependable co-workers; office atmosphere can be tense at times, but co-workers manage to complete the required tasks while still remaining positive.
    - Management is honest, straight forward, and very approachable.
    - Highly competitive salary and benefits.

Cons

- Projects are often forecast with minimal specs (both hours and resources) and started with unrealistic deadlines as a result of the thinly provisioned specs. As a result, ops temple within the office can be very demanding and stressful at times.
    - Training opportunities tend to be project driven, even though the demand for certain expertise exist regardless of project status.
    - Recent downturn in government funding has severely affected everything listed above (resources and training budgets), forcing current employees to do more with less.

Consider offering employees an outlet to break away from the norm; with ever increasing demands on current staff, we need some kind of outlet. Recommend more social events to release stress and socialize with one another: picnics, pot-lucks, happy hour, etc.
    Also, training can be one way to ensure current staff of capable of doing more with less. Valuable skill-sets gathered from corporate vendors and other third-party agencies can result in a well-rounded workforce capable of handling future challenges.

FANTASTIC LEARNING EXPERIENCE

I worked at CACI International

Pros

-Plenty of training
    -Great Benefits
    -Great company

Cons

-Contractors are left out to dry
    -No advancement opportunities, don't expect a raise

Continue investing in your employees. Offer incentives to continue learning (ex. advancement opportunities)

The best Company I have worked for to date...

Current Employee - Logistics Analyst  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Logistics Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leadership chain of command very involve on projects.

Cons

None changes needed at this time.

Great entry level job

I have been working at CACI International full-time

Pros

Good salary for entry level job

Cons

Leadership seems very distant from employees

Excellent company to work for

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst, Lead  in  Kabul (Afghanistan)
    Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst, Lead in Kabul (Afghanistan)

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company has excellent benefits and pay

Cons

Contract work is not alwyas gauranteed

Outstanding

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work from home - virtual

Cons

I have no cons with CACI

Great company, but recent ups and downs

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

CACI is a well respected Defense Contractor and with many projects where you can grow and expand your career. I've been here for over 5 years and everyone, from junior analysts to senior management has been great. They offer competitive starting salaries and some projects do recognize individual efforts with bonuses. They have above average tuituion reimbursement and benefit options. They have really beefed up their internal training programs and learning opportunities for both technical and management career tracks. Most people work reasonable hours, have flexible schedules, and are able to work remotely (all project dependent).

Cons

CACI has recently implemented several cost cutting measures. There is a pay freeze, tweaks in 401k contributions, benefit (health/dental/etc) costs increasingly being passed to the employee, and previous office perks like free coffee are gone. Raises are often low and promotions do not always come with a noticable pay increase. They like to bring in outside talent rather than promoting from within, a practice they claim to be trying to change, yet continue to do frequently. You are evaluated you on your specific tasks and accomplishments, but your merit increase is based on averages of the whole company.

Strive to reward top talent and key performers. Continue to improve avenues of career development within the company to avoid employees being forced to seek external opportunities for growth. Turnover is more expensive and retaining good employees.

Worked for CACI International? Contribute to the Community!