CACI International Reviews

Reset

1. Cann't give 2.5 - Hopefully does not reflect the rest if CACI

Former Employee - Junior Scheduler in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Junior Scheduler in Washington, DC

I worked at CACI International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great pay, good work, lots of growth and career opportunities

Cons

Work ethics are questionable at this specific location. Did not follow through on employment agreements.

Advice to Management

investigate behavior of contract and all levels of personnel, because the end results may harm you more.

investigator

Current Employee - Background Investigator in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Background Investigator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ethical, client focused, great supervisor

Cons

I fear they may start to become like USIS if not careful. This is not CACI's fault. OPM needs to make changes.

3. Not necessarily a great place to look for a long-term career

I have been working at CACI International (More than a year)

Pros

Great mentoring program, and good opportunities for training - especially if you're interested in project management. Decent benefits - but these are getting worse over time (of course, this is where the company cuts when it tightens the belt - at the employee level), but they are still decent.

Cons

Like someone else mentioned, "Every employee is just a number and if your contract ends so does your employment. There is very little effort to help place employees after they lose coverage regardless of whether they are a performer. " There are few opportunities for communications professionals, so it's especially heinous when your contract is on the verge of ending. Not necessarily a great place long-term, especially if you're not management. Turnover is a constant problem where I'm at, and I can see why it is - because you're a commodity that is easily tossed aside. It's terrible on a yearly basis to wonder if your next option will be exercised or not, and then at the end of the option years have to look for a job. And, if you have a difficult client, the "client is always right" and you have to put up whatever abuse or shenanigans they dish up. I get this thinking from the CACI perspective - AND, I see where taken to the extreme many of the people who work hard to bring the contract home put up with miserable work environments. And there's not much thanks along with that. Government contracting has changed - contracts are much shorter term than they used to be, and contractors are not compensated for this increased risk of losing employment. And management gives no appearance of caring, not acts like it cares. Pockets of the company still display an old-boy mentality towards women that is oppressive and demeaning. Women - beware - it's like Russian Roulette. And if you get the bullet shot at you, there's a chance you will be the one doing the advocacy for yourself and it could be a tough battle. Bullying outside protected classes or that is in the gray area has not been addressed seriously in the CACI culture. Performance reviews? Now you get shoved into a bell curve. On a high performing team, managers are forced to put their folks on a bell curve. HIGHLY DIMINISHES your chance of ever making financial progress. And since I've been with CACI, seen no COLAs.

Advice to Management

Train EVERYONE RIGOROUSLY in diversity. Be a leader like you claim to be as far as integrity, and take freedom from discrimination a step further - define bullying in the workplace and make it unacceptable. Find some model that works better so people aren't thrown away after a contract. When we feel unvalued due being treated like a commodity, stuck on a bell curve performance wise and not compensated or appreciated for good work, and when you keep decreasing benefits - we will not make you our employer of choice in the future. If this is your talent management approach, what you're doing so far, it's dismal. You may preach integrity, yet your employees are just gears in a wheel that are used up and thrown out. Yes, you have good things - definitely not the worst company, but not an employer of choice. I know things are hard, but there has to be some creative way to address it for your employees, because you are losing them - they are jumping ship - and your long-term problem will finding the best and the brightest you need to keep your reputation and succeed as a company. Find a way to really practice what you preach.

5. Program Analyst 2

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Great people, great culture, great benefits. CACI has paid nearly $10k towards my Master's Degree in the past year (paying up to 12% of salary per year with threshold of $10k).

Cons

No real cons aside from loss of coverage due to end of contract.

6. Great Compay To Work For

Current Employee - Telecommunications Analyst II in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Telecommunications Analyst II in Washington, DC

Pros

Work Environment, Management, Personnel, Job Satisfaction, Move up avb

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this company

Advice to Management

N/A

7. Par for the course

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many contracts across the Federal Government, good pay and not a lot of middle management.

Cons

No training, your experience will be affected by your PM

8. Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CACI International (More than a year)

Pros

They have useful services for employees seeking new opportunities within the company to grow their career. They also have great Alumni and Military programs and a high percentage of employees return to work for CACI.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lack of communication with organizational changes and updates.

9. Really depends

Current Employee - QMS and Business Systems Analyst in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - QMS and Business Systems Analyst in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits. Chwnces for promotion. Corporate size.

Cons

Salary Dishonest middle-management. Vacation/holiday policy. Corporate bureaucracy. Questionable financial footing after 2013.

Advice to Management

Don't accep an offer that's too low.

Investigations Unit

Former Employee - Background Investigator in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Background Investigator in Arlington, VA

I worked at CACI International (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Big name company

Cons

The investigations area of the company is not doing well. Poor management

11. Good employer for work life balance

Current Employee - Engineer II in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
    Current Employee - Engineer II in Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD

I have been working at CACI International part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CACI provides good vacation time (4 weeks if you've been with CACI for 3 years or more). They also provide 401k matching, 50% for the first 6% (after a 3 year vesting period) and an employee stock purchase plan. The culture at the CACI building in Aberdeen Proving Ground is VERY positive.

Cons

When your project ends there is limited support - no severance, no career transition services. Of course, there is a lot of job hopping between contractors by employees, so to some extent it's simply the nature of contracting. CACI also has lower base salaries than other contracting companies. I'm not an expert on health benefits, but I get the impression that CACI beneft's are competitive

Advice to Management

Keep showing heart. That inspires people more than money.

RSS Feed </> Embed