CACI International

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
3.4

Kenneth Asbury

Pros
  • Good work/life balance: I've worked over 40 hours a week maybe 10 times in the last 6 years (in 13 reviews)

• Good benefits, lots of former military work here so great for military retirees who want to want to 'stay connected (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay was terrible considering the cost of living in San Diego (in 6 reviews)

• Working on the client site, you get very limited vacation time (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Employee Recycling Plant

Current Employee - Cyber Security in Springfield, VA
    Current Employee - Cyber Security in Springfield, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Standard customer base. Average benifit package. Central corporate offices.

Cons

No care and feeding. Poor communication. Lack of corporate and upper management reach back.

Management needs to be required to complete management and communication skill training.

Ok if you are on a good project

I worked at CACI International full-time

Pros

LIke most consulitng/contracting companies in the DC area, if you have a good client then you will enjoy your job.

Cons

The company sees you as just a number and revenue stream. As long as you are billable on the client site then you are fine but if you are looking to transistion to another project it will fall on you to network that change.

Good at first, but culture has been getting worse

Current Employee - Project Manager (Technical) in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager (Technical) in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The working hours are great, flexibility of work hours and generally the people you work with on their contracts are smart and come to work everyday with a positive attitude. I have been with the company for 2 years and we have done a lot of good things for our clients.

Cons

For all the good things that you do on the job working for clients, the company has seemed to completely forget about taking care of their employees over the past 2 years. Due to various factors, the company isn't making as much profit as they used to and they are passing the losses to the employees to keep their profit margins as high as possible. Even if you are on a contract or business group that is making a ton of money, dont expect any perks or a raise. They havent given ANYONE a raise in 2 years, reworked the 401k to screw people that leave the company mid-year, and have done basically everything they can to save a dollar. If I wanted to work for the government and get treated like that, I would have taken a government job.

I feel like leadership is jerking us around and not being honest.

Really depends on your group

Current Employee - Software Developer II in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Software Developer II in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If you're in a group where the management has been there for a while, on an established contract, this job is great. If you're in one of the older buildings, or have tenure, you can get a fantastic office. Often they are willing to hire you at a very competitive salary, if you have the skills to back it up.

Cons

If you're working on a short-term gig, it's going to be tough. Also, they are doing all the things a company would do right before filing bankruptcy: removing all the cups, spoons, and coffee from the kitchens, holding back pay, delaying performance reviews, "going green" by cutting every imaginable thing they can. Even the plants in the office were cut. I can't tell if it's new management "trimming the fat" or if its a sign of the company going belly-up. The laptop you get to work with is so loaded down with security bloatware that it can barely run outlook.

Remember that the hourly wage of your average worker is so much higher than the things you're cutting to save $ - If it takes 30 minutes to restart your laptop, that's $10 lost in productivity daily, or $2600 per worker per year. If they have to go to the store and get their own coffee maker, and brew their coffee the slow way, that might be $1000 per worker per year. It all adds up to huge losses in efficiency and morale at the cost of a few surface dollars. Do some real analysis on how you can save money.

Impressed with People, not with pay

Current Employee - Senior Lead Property Management Specialist in Aberdeen, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Lead Property Management Specialist in Aberdeen, MD

I have been working at CACI International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company values their employees. They are always able to work with you on any matter, both working or in your personal life.

Cons

The pay is below even the low end of the pay chart.

I was very happy to work with CACI International

Former Employee - Software QA Specialist III in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Software QA Specialist III in Alexandria, VA

I worked at CACI International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Every one in the team was so helpful.

Cons

Selenium web drive learning was my challenge.

Great Entry Level Job

Former Employee - Configuration Management Analyst in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Configuration Management Analyst in Chantilly, VA

I worked at CACI International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great learning experience. Provided me lots of skills which were allowed me to secure my next position.

Cons

Was told that my lack of a technical degree would limit future job opportunities and promotions.
    Did not pay for training or certifications.

essentially a body shop, at times dishonest

I worked at CACI International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Salary, benefits, reputation perhaps from the really old days.

Cons

Massive layoffs recently, you could feel the fear culture among the employees and aggressiveness from the higher managers to keep them in control. It seems no one cares about feedback at this point, they have a bigger task of keeping the ship afloat for now. Employees don't matter much.
    You feel you are just a revenue stream, once you start working on the client site you cannot use any CACI charge codes for training, work related expenses (unbillable to the client) and commutes. CACI does not want to spend even a dollar on you when you are working at the client site, everything has to be covered by the client. so You could easily end up paying from your pocket when neither sides want to pick up the bill for strict work related expenses (either hours spent or monetary). And Don't accumulate too many vacation days (more than a year worth of work) or they will force you to take them at a suitable time for the contract. Employee mobility program is a joke, and if you find something suitable to move to, I suspect that your current manager would sabotage it(as you need his/her approval) so you bring revenue for his project instead of someone else. It is all a numbers game, which manager can save more and show the stakeholders that he is worthy of keeping. How little they can give you and keep the contract running. Also don't let them trick you with the tuition reimbursement program, they tell you all you want to hear in the orientation, yet the first thing your manager will tell you is ' we don't have budget' even for a course 100% relevant to your work and even if you satisfy all the conditions in the CACI protocol book to get tuition reimbursement. They just use that tactic to lure you to sign. Why would they spend X on you for your tuition and then have to pay you salary + X if they just can pay you a salary. They don't see you as an investment. So if you care about that, don't join them unless you get a confirmation from your to-be manager.
    Sure, this is my experience and with a big company you can be in different situations. But this was my story, glad it ended.

Government Contract work has its ups and downs.

Current Employee - Team Leader in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Team Leader in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company offers generous education benefits that can provide you the skills to advance. The company has a significant variety of work that they support in addition to global wide. This enables an individual to transfer to another area after a year at the current position.

Cons

Government contract work during this time of financial turmoil can be tricky, stressful and unpredictable due to government leadership. It seems that things are getting worse if you are not supporting Intelligence and Cyber.

Good Company

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Big company with lots of potential. A good company to start with and learn the ropes.Excellent location in the Washington DC area but with plenty of locations around the country

Cons

Too big that sometimes your skillsets get lost. Depending on the contract job security is just like any other federal contractor. Sometimes the corporate policy changes seem to be made with someone other than the project manager in mind

Learn what the line people do before making sweeping changes that may affect them

CACI International Photos