CACI International Reviews

Updated October 31, 2014
Updated October 31, 2014
3.4

Kenneth Asbury

Pros
  • Good work/life balance: I've worked over 40 hours a week maybe 10 times in the last 6 years (in 13 reviews)

• Livable work and life balance, good benefits, mostly decent people (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Working on the client site, you get very limited vacation time (in 9 reviews)

• It feels like the senior management is flying blind and only looking out for themselves (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

CACI Needs New managers

Current Employee - Team Lead in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company hires great employees but then does not allow them to move up.

Cons

Not every retired Officer is a great manager, you can see that here.

Update and upgrade your out of date thinking.

Going Nowhere

Current Employee - Task Supervisor I
    Current Employee - Task Supervisor I

I have been working at CACI International full-time

Pros

Best part of this company is that you get plenty of time off, freedom in setting and adjusting your schedule, and management is reluctant to fire anyone, instead they work hard to try to make you successful at your position. Also, health benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Opportunity for advancement is nonexistent. Pay is pathetic. At least in our division, the work is mind-numbingly boring (I've heard it referred to as a GIS sweatshop by an outsider familiar with our work). Tasks are so specific that you aren't able to receive training beyond your immediate role, making you only qualified for the job you have which is not transferrable to almost any other company.

The nature of the work is changing and our current setup is unsustainable, completely revamp the GIS division making it smaller and able to accomplish more diverse tasks across the GIS realm. Nothing short of a complete overhaul will solve the problems.

Sr. Program Manager

Current Employee - Program Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

CACI is well positioned in the IT sector and has highly qualified employees that are dedicated to their jobs and provide excellent services to their clients.

Cons

As with most of the large companies in the professional services industry we are feeling the impacts of the delays in budget approvals and the agencies slow execution of awards.

Management needs to improve their evaluation of the potential ramifications of planned company reorganizations on the ability of the impacted groups ability to execute their operations.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Hard Working and Dependable co-workers; office atmosphere can be tense at times, but co-workers manage to complete the required tasks while still remaining positive.
    - Management is honest, straight forward, and very approachable.
    - Highly competitive salary and benefits.

Cons

- Projects are often forecast with minimal specs (both hours and resources) and started with unrealistic deadlines as a result of the thinly provisioned specs. As a result, ops temple within the office can be very demanding and stressful at times.
    - Training opportunities tend to be project driven, even though the demand for certain expertise exist regardless of project status.
    - Recent downturn in government funding has severely affected everything listed above (resources and training budgets), forcing current employees to do more with less.

Consider offering employees an outlet to break away from the norm; with ever increasing demands on current staff, we need some kind of outlet. Recommend more social events to release stress and socialize with one another: picnics, pot-lucks, happy hour, etc.
    Also, training can be one way to ensure current staff of capable of doing more with less. Valuable skill-sets gathered from corporate vendors and other third-party agencies can result in a well-rounded workforce capable of handling future challenges.

FANTASTIC LEARNING EXPERIENCE

I worked at CACI International

Pros

-Plenty of training
    -Great Benefits
    -Great company

Cons

-Contractors are left out to dry
    -No advancement opportunities, don't expect a raise

Continue investing in your employees. Offer incentives to continue learning (ex. advancement opportunities)

Wooster OH- closed- so this review is not really that helpful

Current Employee - Quality Control Technician II in Wooster, OH
    Current Employee - Quality Control Technician II in Wooster, OH

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

training, personal growth good, pay good for area. Most of this applied when it was an independent company, TechniGraphics.

Cons

it's closed, it was the only geospatial shop in town

n/a

It's a job

Current Employee - Production Clerk/Document Management Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI International as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I feel like the health insurance and dental benefits were pretty good. I was able to select a really low-cost health insurance plan that fit my limited needs and then also a really comprehensive dental plan, that still was not very expensive, and fit my needs there. Pay was low to start, but I was able to get an increase (granted, those are tough to come by) which put me above market.

Cons

Working on the client site, you get very limited vacation time. There's 13 days leave a year, but nothing additional for sick days, snow days, or days like Black Friday or Christmas Eve that are really holidays but you don't get off. You're a temp for the first 90 days (or more) with no benefits and no vacation time accumulation. You only start off with one day of leave and you accumulate 1/2 a day per period, but somehow it runs 2 weeks behind. So it takes a really long time to accumulate a sizable amount of leave, especially with sick days/snow days eating into it. Management really does not value employees much, it's more like literally being a line of a balance sheet, and can be draconian. Not much room for advancement, really.

Specialist

Current Employee - Contract Specialist
    Current Employee - Contract Specialist

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Really nice, caring managers, when you can get one of your own.
    The good employees are really really good.
    Good salary, in theory.

Cons

They are cutting a lot of corners.
    They forced me to use my vacation several times when I didn't want to, leaving me short for my planned time off.
    They have people working jobs they can't do in order to fill a spot.
    Losing time due to helping them with billing.
    Have very little control over subcontracting situations. People were getting overworked or lied to about the stability of their jobs.
    No bench.
    Not easy to move around from team to team.
    Not a big variety of work.

Realize that it's unethical to force me to use my time off. If you fail to keep me engaged, it's your fault, not mine.

Staff Cuts Hurting Client and Corporate Mission

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay Check, Keep Security Clearance

Cons

Lack of corporate focus, disconnection between management and employes, massive company layoffs with no clear plan regarding growing business and maintaining client satisfaction.,

CACI used to be a recognized leader in providing skilled and competent analysts to meet client needs. However, a focus on quarterly numbers has led to a gutted workforce and management that is now unable to sustain current and win new business.

Disheartening

Current Employee - Executive Management in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Executive Management in Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

CACI used to be a well-regarded company. I like the people I work with, who try very hard to do the right thing and maintain a positive attitude despite the workload, cutbacks, and expectations that are not based in reasonable accounting for hours and efforts.

Cons

CACI used to have the feel of a small company where everyone knows your name, even as it moved past $3B and had the heft to swing against the larger competition. Leadership of the past 12-18 months has changed that. While they've shifted resources to make some sorely needed fixes to the IT infrastructure and a few other areas, the overall tone is one that doesn't foster teamwork, trust, or the venerable CACI values. The company has gone through at least three major reorganizations with hundreds of personnel let go. In a down-turning market, some of that is to be expected, however it was managed so poorly as to have damaged on-going operations and relationships with our customers. Senior leadership is so focused on the quarterly numbers they've ceased actually leading.

Communication is poor, starting at the top. There is a difference between a goal and an actual strategy. Numbers alone don't equal either one. I no longer refer friends and colleagues to CACI, as they would have little job security, benefit from no downward loyalty, and have few real opportunities for advancement, official pronouncements regardless. The "climate survey" was laughable, with options that ranged from "fine" to "great", but no room for real feedback.

CACI International Photos