CACI International

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
3.4

Kenneth Asbury

Pros
  • Good work/life balance: I've worked over 40 hours a week maybe 10 times in the last 6 years (in 13 reviews)

• Good benefits, lots of former military work here so great for military retirees who want to want to 'stay connected (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay was terrible considering the cost of living in San Diego (in 6 reviews)

• Working on the client site, you get very limited vacation time (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Sweathouse International

Current Employee - Background Investigator II
    Current Employee - Background Investigator II

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, independence, extra money from mileage pay

Cons

Production demands are over and above what they should be, causing an immense amount of stress. Overtime is discouraged, but almost necessary to consistently meet demands. The pay is grossly inadequate for the amount of work you need to put in on this job. There is no career progression track from this job.

If you want to keep professional, skilled employees, you must pay them more, period. I might stick with this job if paid approximately twice as much as it does, but as it is, I will be one of the estimated 90% of investigators who move one after three years or less.

Bad experience from the start

Former Employee - Intelligence Operation Specialist II in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Intelligence Operation Specialist II in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at CACI International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I do not have anything positive to say about this company

Cons

HR system had issues, could not register for health care due to a error in the system. Someone put me in the system as a female, and I could not sign up for health care because same sex marriage is not allowed.
    Company cares only about time sheets.
    After being laid off for a month, HR called to help me find another job in CACI, then proceeded to ask when my final day would be with the company.

Facilities

I have been working at CACI International

Pros

The company has a great work environment and flexibilty is great.

Cons

Management is all about profit and not about their employees anymore

Take care of the employees who make you look good, share the wealth

The management here is impersonal.

Current Employee - Advisor in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Advisor in Reston, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is a large company with opportunity to move to other positions.

Cons

There are little opportunities for upward mobility.

Get rid of some of the dead weight

Steady, But Slow

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI International (more than 5 years)

Pros

Livable work and life balance, good benefits, mostly decent people.

Cons

Slow to advance and apparently riddled with agendas overt and covert.

Give some thought to being glad people want to advance and are willing to work. Stop protecting people who do not carry their fair share of the work.

Going Nowhere

Current Employee - Task Supervisor I
    Current Employee - Task Supervisor I

I have been working at CACI International full-time

Pros

Best part of this company is that you get plenty of time off, freedom in setting and adjusting your schedule, and management is reluctant to fire anyone, instead they work hard to try to make you successful at your position. Also, health benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Opportunity for advancement is nonexistent. Pay is pathetic. At least in our division, the work is mind-numbingly boring (I've heard it referred to as a GIS sweatshop by an outsider familiar with our work). Tasks are so specific that you aren't able to receive training beyond your immediate role, making you only qualified for the job you have which is not transferrable to almost any other company.

The nature of the work is changing and our current setup is unsustainable, completely revamp the GIS division making it smaller and able to accomplish more diverse tasks across the GIS realm. Nothing short of a complete overhaul will solve the problems.

I worked at CACI International

Pros

Strong culture of individual & team accomplishment, ethics, accountability. Strong company in bit Federal govt & probate company contracts.

Cons

Compensation good but Federal contacts are pushing down on contact salaries due to Federal budget chaos.

Excellent Company

Current Employee - Web Developer in Fort Benning, GA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Fort Benning, GA

I have been working at CACI International as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible work hours, excellent pay, and treats employees with respect no matter what level you are. There are also many opportunities and locations, so no matter what you do or where you want to be there is always an opportunity.

Cons

Not a lot of room for movement as far as climbing the ladder. It's also mostly contract based and there is definitely risk involved.

Honesty, Integrity, Values

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you work hard, perform at your best, and always work for the best interest of your Customer and their needs, then this is the company for you. Been with the company for quite a few years, and they've always treated me excellent. Never had a "boss", or at least didn't feel that way about any of them, they have always been professional and respected input and listened to suggestions. More of a collaborative Team effort to get the best done for the customer; Seniors listen, and that's important. Very good educational and computer based training options. This company has always been as loyal to me, as I have been to them. Offered me great opportunities, and always valued my opinion and service. Jack London specifically, is a great and personable man of the utmost integrity, I rather miss his style and presence. Current CEO is IMO is just as honorable and forthright.

Cons

Benefits about the same as other contractors in area, good in some areas, weak in others. Bonus are rarely given out, but it depends upon the contracts you're working on. The BD folks and capture managers will try to suck you dry for knowledge to win a contract, and when you win, you never see any of that money in bonuses, yet they expect you drop everything to win a contract and help. When you win a contract and it was your insight and knowledge that was primarily responsible for the win... you SHOULD be compensated or rewarded for that. That is my biggest and only complaint!

Compensate or Reward those who are responsible for Contract Wins. The BD and Capture Managers are not the ones who win these. While they certainly deserve something, they didn't do it alone, and those folks should be thankful for the input and insights provided for the proposal by those who know the customer and the organization. I hate participating in the evolution because all they are to me is *extra* work and usually after hours, which takes me away from my primary customer without anything other than a "thank you" and lip service by the capture managers.

Project Manager.

Current Employee - Project Manager (Technical) in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager (Technical) in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CACI International as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Good pay.

Cons

When the contract is over so is your job unless you scramble for more work.

Pay more attention to the people actually doing the work.

CACI International Photos