CACI International Reviews

1. Technical Trainer

Former Employee - Technical Trainer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Technical Trainer in Washington, DC

I worked at CACI International

Pros

They had the opportunities for a recently separated Army Subject Matter Expect to roll right into a position and be successful.

Cons

CACI is a large defense contract whose Program Management receive an enormous pressure to remain under budget while every year on the contract the overhead gets cuts to beat the under-bidding of competitors .

Advice to Management

Consider hiring and keeping qualified people.

2. Poor Management

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As I work on the client site, I cannot even check my email at home, so I only work 40 hours a week with no interuptions to my personal life.

Cons

I work at a client site and have no connection to the company besides my project manager, who also works at my client site. I have been refused training, have no idea what the actual company is like, and snow days/government closures are handled poorly. I have had no career counseling, and it is treated like a betrayl if you sign up for look for a new position within the company.

Advice to Management

Management should encourage training and career growth, along with trying to fight for thei employees for issues with working on client sites (inability to work on floating holidays, snow days etc).

Worst company I have worked for as an investigator

Former Employee - Background Investigator II
    Former Employee - Background Investigator II

I worked at CACI International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The field manager was nice (but pretty clueless).

Cons

They are dishonest about pay. They tell you that you will get a certain amount per hour, plus an extra $3.71 per hour to cover your benefits. Well, if you do use their benefits, that 3.71 does not get used to cover your cost of the health coverage, etc...NO...it goes to CACI to cover THEIR cost of your benefits. And then you still pay the full premium on top of that, deducted from your pay. You will have small paychecks with them if you use the benefits....very small.

You can only use the CACI-provided computer for OPM things. Everything else must be done on your personal computer, like timesheet, expenses, accessing company e-mail, etc. If you do TDY, you have to bring two computers!!!! And they do not have a website or portal for investigators, so most things are done manually. You cannot print needed forms, etc -- you have to request them and they are mailed to you.

If you do a local TDY that is over 100 miles, they make you get a rental car so they don't have to pay miles.

They say they are all about quality, but not anymore. It is all about revenue and production. So much for quality background investigations. You are running for points. People at level III are usually working off the clock to make their weekly points. Life is too short to be donating your time to a company that could care less about you.

USIS was SO much better in all ways. OPM fired the wrong contractor. They should have kept the best one they had.

Advice to Management

They would not care.

5. Slow Death.

I have been working at CACI International

Pros

I've been here longer than iniitally told I would be.

Cons

The leave system needs work.

Advice to Management

Stop being negitive

6. You are expendable

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Reading, PA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Reading, PA

I worked at CACI International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Lots of online CACI course
    -Tuition Reimbursement if you meet the deadlines
    -Well Paid

Cons

-Management does not care about the workers
    -If you report someone violating CACI code of ethics managers cover their butt and do not correct the situation
    -I reported a problem in the work places multiple times to multiple managers then they laid me off

Advice to Management

your company is only as good as it treats its employees. Do not advertise a code of conduct if you do not enforce it.

7. Great! This Company really supports military verterans

Current Employee - Senior Electronics Technician in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Electronics Technician in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CACI International

Pros

Allows you the opportunity to apply your life skills to the task at hand, has a CBT online database to keep up with current technology

Cons

Planning and execution in a timely manner

Advice to Management

Keep mandatory training and reinforcement at the top of the list to enable work staff in performing their duties.

8. Decent Company

I have been working at CACI International

Pros

CACI has a lot of contracts that you can work on so the type of jobs and reviews that you get really depends on the project you are assigned to.

My current project, the management is very relaxed and do not micromanage, which is a huge plus. They do expect you to be on top of your work.

Cons

My direct manager is in a different state, even though we'd talk often, he doesn't see what I do on a daily basis. This is the downfall as if you want to move up and get promoted, you will not get recognized very easily.

9. Ambivalent

I have been working at CACI International

Pros

I like my job. It's simple, easy and the pay checks are worth the work.
    Some of the coworkers are friendly and a lot of them are helpful.
    Randomly we get catered food that tastes decent.

Cons

The company itself is amazing.
    The site I am at is not.
    Management doesn't seem to have a clue what they are doing . They like to talk about coworkers behind their backs, to other coworkers. They have a close knit group that you can't get into(although you probably don't want to). There seems to be no room to move forward which means, after a year, a lot of workers plan to leave.
    This whole place just rubs me the wrong way.
    Things weren't clarified. (Rules, etc).
    They don't actually put in an effort to train new workers. I don't know if they ever did. They push them off onto other workers beneath them and expect them to train the new workers.
    I was trained by someone who had only been there for 2 months.(not even out of their 90 day probation period yet). Because they were "too busy" to help me.
    Will get on workers for "complaints" but won't follow the rules themselves. Will sit in each other's offices and talk for hours and no one says anything.
    The job is basically "learn from every mistake"
    But only if someone realizes you've made that mistake or you notice it.
    I could go on.

Advice to Management

At least try to look like you're working. Sitting at your desk on FB or just sitting in each others offices, chatting, doesn't count. It makes the workers around you resent you. Stop talking behind workers backs, to other workers because it does get around and it doesn't end well. It's stressful as it is. With no sense of guidance and the managers don't seem to have a clue what they are doing, it seems hopeless.

10. It was very satisfying work

I worked at CACI International

Pros

Steady works that will give you opportunities to work in some very interesting areas.

Cons

It is a stead work. If you are looking for a adventure, this may not be your cup of tea.

11. Sufficient for now

Current Contractor - Linux Systems Administrator in San Diego, CA
    Current Contractor - Linux Systems Administrator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CACI International as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great flexibility in working hours.
    Lots of autonomy.
    Rewarding feeling being able to help military
    Good benefits
    Flexibility to finish up your degree

Cons

Good old boys club
    Reverse ageism
    Judge you based on what your rank was in the military
    Severely behind the technology power curve... think at least 10 years then add an extra summer... still support some systems from the 1990's
    Can't take advantage of most of the benefits because the pay isn't up to industry standards

Advice to Management

Get with the times. Pay a competitive salary. Stop looking at what people "used to do" and give them responsibility and pay them for what "they can do".

CACI International Photos