CACI International

www.caci.com

CACI International Reviews in Washington, DC

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Kenneth Asbury

Pros
  • Good work/life balance: I've worked over 40 hours a week maybe 10 times in the last 6 years(in 13 reviews)

• Good benefits, pay, management is very nice and work/life balance is decent(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Working on the client site, you get very limited vacation time(in 6 reviews)

• Senior management refuses to acknowledge employee concerns; even during large Q&A sessions(in 6 reviews)

137 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Intelligence Analyst

Intelligence Analyst III (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThey are a major Government contractor, this means they can always find you a new contract. The people you will work with tend to be experienced professionals. CACI is generous with time off and most of the bosses I have worked for were very understanding of family needs. Overall good work to life balance.

ConsAs with most Contract work you are left to your own devices once you reach your client site, but this is to be expected. The focus of major contractors is winning new awards, so if you need constant reassurance you are doing a great job, this may not be the line of work for you.

It's a job

Production Clerk/Document Management Analyst (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsI feel like the health insurance and dental benefits were pretty good. I was able to select a really low-cost health insurance plan that fit my limited needs and then also a really comprehensive dental plan, that still was not very expensive, and fit my needs there. Pay was low to start, but I was able to get an increase (granted, those are tough to come by) which put me above market.

ConsWorking on the client site, you get very limited vacation time. There's 13 days leave a year, but nothing additional for sick days, snow days, or days like Black Friday or Christmas Eve that are really holidays but you don't get off. You're a temp for the first 90 days (or more) with no benefits and no vacation time accumulation. You only start off with one day of leave and you accumulate 1/2 a day per period, but somehow it runs 2 weeks behind. So it takes a really long time to accumulate a sizable amount of leave, especially with sick days/snow days eating into it. Management really does not value employees much, it's more like literally being a line of a balance sheet, and can be draconian. Not much room for advancement, really.

Divided Company Atmosphere

Project Manager (Technical) (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsVery knowledgeable management that cares about their workforce. Good benefits, great work locations, and integration of mobility board increased job opportunities across the company.

ConsExtremely segmented organization. You can tell that CACI International is a company made up of many acquisitions. Little to no knowledge sharing across the organization.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disheartening

Executive Management (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsCACI used to be a well-regarded company. I like the people I work with, who try very hard to do the right thing and maintain a positive attitude despite the workload, cutbacks, and expectations that are not based in reasonable accounting for hours and efforts.

ConsCACI used to have the feel of a small company where everyone knows your name, even as it moved past $3B and had the heft to swing against the larger competition. Leadership of the past 12-18 months has changed that. While they've shifted resources to make some sorely needed fixes to the IT infrastructure and a few other areas, the overall tone is one that doesn't foster teamwork, trust, or the venerable CACI values. The company has gone through at least three major reorganizations with hundreds of personnel let go. In a down-turning market, some of that is to be expected, however it was managed so poorly as to have damaged on-going operations and relationships with our customers. Senior leadership is so focused on the quarterly numbers they've ceased actually leading.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is poor, starting at the top. There is a difference between a goal and an actual strategy. Numbers alone don't equal either one. I no longer refer friends and colleagues to CACI, as they would have little job security, benefit from no downward loyalty, and have few real opportunities for advancement, official pronouncements regardless. The "climate survey" was laughable, with options that ranged from "fine" to "great", but no room for real feedback.

Has been a good ride until this year.

Functional Analyst (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsPaycheck, friendly co-workers, benefits, ethical for the most part.

ConsTurmoil, lack of leadership, no guidance on the plan for the current or future, lack of communictions, need I say more?

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiding the facts and start listening to your employees who are left after the mass firings that have occured. You need to get in touch with your employees and realize that everything is not going according to your plan.

Wants to do the right thing but just can't seem to figure it out

Program Manager (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsGood pay before 2013 - now there are pay freezes for all but the most exceptional employees

ConsLots of cuts, not all made in the best interest of long term success

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in your people to keep the best from leaving

Technical Writer

Technical Writer (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsCACI and my manager were very supportive of my work. My manager allowed me to work independently with the customer and relied upon customer reviews to monitor my success and suitability for the tasking. The customer was able to task me directly, while I gave regular status updates to my manager.

ConsCACI management was always very busy and would often have to cancel meetings because of last minute responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider being more aware of your team's capabilities and the customer's needs to ensure more opportunities continued to become available.

CACI

Vice President/Division Manager (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsGreat people who work hard and care about their customer and the customer's mission. CACI has a good reputation in the customer space.

ConsOrganization is in conflict with itself. Groups within CACI compete for the same opportunities versus focusing on competing with their competitors. Leadership is unwilling to address the issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementReorganize around client verticals and aligned to the business to reduce the amount of internal competition for work.

Rough Waters

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsWas a great company. Some really excellent managers and leaders. At present, one's experience here depends on the contract or environment you work in.

ConsThe past few years have seen many layoffs(even the CEO was laid off within the last 2 years) and many VPs and other senior leaders have followed. Now good talent is exiting/running scared and taking contract and corporate knowledge with them. More cuts ahead, and, especially for indirect employees, there is much fear of who will be next. Worked there for many years, have seen much change as this company goes through growing pains. Read the financial analysts, and know that the company is always responding with an eye on the numbers. Worst is how good and loyal employees are being treated during these times. It's simply not necessary to let people go by blindsiding them and treating them disrespectfully. Don't think this hasn't had a terrible effect on the "survivors" and long-term health of the company. HR isn't doing much here to improve the situation. Where is the alignment with Jack London's focus on character and ethics?

Advice to Senior ManagementAlign actions to words. Lots of companies are going through tough times but there is a better way to treat employees, even if you have to let them go.

Plateau

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsGood working environment, great team mates, good work-life balance. Team oriented, people oriented.

ConsHeavy on mid-management, made it tough to get ahead. I understand this has improved and the company has streamlined.

Worked for CACI International? Contribute to the Community!