CACI International

Updated Jun 28, 2014

Kenneth Asbury

132 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Technical Writer

Technical Writer (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsCACI and my manager were very supportive of my work. My manager allowed me to work independently with the customer and relied upon customer reviews to monitor my success and suitability for the tasking. The customer was able to task me directly, while I gave regular status updates to my manager.

ConsCACI management was always very busy and would often have to cancel meetings because of last minute responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider being more aware of your team's capabilities and the customer's needs to ensure more opportunities continued to become available.

Intelligence Analyst

Intelligence Analyst III (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsThey are a major Government contractor, this means they can always find you a new contract. The people you will work with tend to be experienced professionals. CACI is generous with time off and most of the bosses I have worked for were very understanding of family needs. Overall good work to life balance.

ConsAs with most Contract work you are left to your own devices once you reach your client site, but this is to be expected. The focus of major contractors is winning new awards, so if you need constant reassurance you are doing a great job, this may not be the line of work for you.

CACI

Vice President/Division Manager (Former Employee)
    Chantilly, VA

ProsGreat people who work hard and care about their customer and the customer's mission. CACI has a good reputation in the customer space.

ConsOrganization is in conflict with itself. Groups within CACI compete for the same opportunities versus focusing on competing with their competitors. Leadership is unwilling to address the issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementReorganize around client verticals and aligned to the business to reduce the amount of internal competition for work.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Plateau

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Fairfax, VA

ProsGood working environment, great team mates, good work-life balance. Team oriented, people oriented.

ConsHeavy on mid-management, made it tough to get ahead. I understand this has improved and the company has streamlined.

CACI fails across the board because of an outdated top down management structure that is not properly focused.

Director (Current Employee)
    Fairfax, VA

ProsNot too many these days.

ConsVery little career opportunities or advancement - nepotism is rampant and the crony club at the top makes it a very unhealthy environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider devoting more resources towards the worker bees in the organization and quit thinking so short term on infrastructure upgrades, bonuses, career advancement, etc... your outdated decision making and general mismanagement will not help stop the bleeding that is currently choking profits. Take a time out and get your house in order before buying another company in a failing segment.

Rough Waters

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Arlington, VA

ProsWas a great company. Some really excellent managers and leaders. At present, one's experience here depends on the contract or environment you work in.

ConsThe past few years have seen many layoffs(even the CEO was laid off within the last 2 years) and many VPs and other senior leaders have followed. Now good talent is exiting/running scared and taking contract and corporate knowledge with them. More cuts ahead, and, especially for indirect employees, there is much fear of who will be next. Worked there for many years, have seen much change as this company goes through growing pains. Read the financial analysts, and know that the company is always responding with an eye on the numbers. Worst is how good and loyal employees are being treated during these times. It's simply not necessary to let people go by blindsiding them and treating them disrespectfully. Don't think this hasn't had a terrible effect on the "survivors" and long-term health of the company. HR isn't doing much here to improve the situation. Where is the alignment with Jack London's focus on character and ethics?

Advice to Senior ManagementAlign actions to words. Lots of companies are going through tough times but there is a better way to treat employees, even if you have to let them go.

Turning into another body shop

Senior Project Manager (Technical) (Current Employee)
    Arlington, VA

Pros- Little stress working for corporate, almost impossible to get fired for incompetence
    - Easy to stand out as a winner in a field of mediocrity
    - Highly flexible schedule and work hours
    - Very high salaries

Cons- Highly unstable corporate outlook with several rounds of layoffs, poor recompete win %ages and lower funding in FY14 as compared to FY12 with six major acquisitions in the interim
    - decreased indirect costs too far. No paper or pens. Workers have to keep laptops for over 5 years.
    - No strategic vision on how to turn the company around
    - The 16th floor (executives) are a revolving door sucking high bonuses and salaries from the 'lowly workers'
    - No salary increases for a couple of years for non executives while executives are still pulling in millions in bonuses
    - All training and development programs have been cut
    -Management and employee problems go unaddressed for decades

Advice to Senior Management- Radically change the corporate culture to focus more on efficiency and value and less on politics
    - Make individuals accountable for results
    -Provide your teams with the resources they need to get the job done or you're shooting yourselves in the foot

Good company, experience depends on PM

Systems Analyst II (Current Employee)
    Arlington, VA

ProsCACI provides good opportunities and training for its employees, and offers some security in the contracting world with a mobility board to give more opportunities to current employees.

ConsCACI relies heavily on their Program Managers without providing a mechanism for holding them accountable. The Program Manager determines the culture and opportunities for the growth of their employees, regardless of what CACI HQ promotes.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a 360 for review process for Program Managers to allow employees to provide feedback on their Program Manager's performance.

GO CACI

Washington, DC

ProsGood leadership; staff is dedicated and has integrity

ConsJob previously held was mis-labeled, and I was under-employed..

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job of hanging onto laid off employees. Company HR and Job Vacancy site says you are hired for a "career" not just a specific job, but they are awful quick to let you go when the Contract ends.

Outstanding company that offers potential for professional and personal growth.

Director (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsExcellent leadership, offers professional and personal growth, and work/life balance.

ConsContract driven. When contracts are lost, people lose positions. This is challenging given Federal Government reductions in personal services and solutions contracts.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the outstanding efforts to grow and continued focus on employees.

Worked for CACI International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CACI International reviews and ratings in Washington, DC — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CACI International CEO Kenneth Asbury. All 132 reviews posted anonymously by CACI International employees.