CACI International Reviews

1. Great Company...Your Experience Will Vary Greatly Based on Contract

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at CACI International

Pros

I thought the company was pretty good, you will see a lot of variation though due to people being on different contracts. Within the company, there wasn't a ton of job growth on my particular contract...but that was fine, it was good for what it was at the time.

Cons

Not a ton of interaction between contracts. There would HAVE to be knowledge centers of excellence that could really add to the value added by CACI employees.

Centers of Excellence...especially with obscure software, or stuff that isn't commonly used. Would make the contractors look good, and make CACI look even better.

Poor raise system

Current Employee - Analyst in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Reston, VA

I have been working at CACI International

Pros

Management kept us informed of future contract issues.

Cons

Only a small percent of individuals within a group can get a raise and while you are told that you are better then peers within the rest of the company outside the group you are evaluated against non peers within your group.

System creates a poor work environment

3. Worked with a great group of people

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Springfield, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Springfield, VA

I worked at CACI International

Pros

The people made it great.

Cons

Corporate didn't seem to care

None

Stressful -- USIS part II

Current Employee - Background Investigator I in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Background Investigator I in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at CACI International

Pros

You get to work from home & meet new people, learn about their lives

Cons

Unrealistic stat goals per month, low team morale, CACI pretty much absorbed USIS and inherited the company culture. I'm a new investigator and they laid my TL off who was helping me professionally. The hours are super long and I feel like they give you more work than 40 hours per week. It's draining.

Ditch the stats and focus on quality and timeliness.

TAKING BIG TAXPAYER $$$ IN EXCHANGE FOR POOR QUALITY BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS

Former Employee - Background Investigator in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Background Investigator in Washington, DC

I worked at CACI International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A paycheck. Nothing else.

Cons

After working in this job at this company, I discovered that the entire background investigation process is a complete joke and a colossal waste of taxpayer dollars to dispatch investigators to ask silly questions of subjects when the subjects could have answered the "followup questions" on the original SF-86 or other questionnaire. Driving to meet with a subject to play secretary and review the questionnaires for errors is a total waste of an investigator's time. The investigative process is inefficient and full of waste.

Driving is a large component of the job, and you will detect that the company pretends that those hours should be on your time and not their time. All the company cares about is daily points and there is no way to predict how many hours you will drive each day and how many hours it will take to interview subjects & sources. Some reports of investigations take hours to type. So, there is plenty of variation in the number of hours it requires to complete a case yet the company pretends otherwise.

Be prepared to feel the pressure to work off the clock by the company and made to feel like there is a problem with you for not completing the massive amount of work dumped on you each week on end. There is no way to complete the level of work assigned without working off the clock. Management does not care.

Unfortunately, there are no investigative skills learned even though many applicants are hoping that this job will teach them covert methods or invite ingenuity. You are not a private investigator. You are not sleuthing around in the shadows to crack national security background investigations. You are a glorified secretary writing down anything the subject and source says and typing your notes into the computer. When done, you transmit your report and earn "points" for the transmission. It's simply a numbers game where you are measured by a quota system. Anything the subject or source says could be a lie for all you will ever know.

The pay is around $15.00 to $18.00 depending on whether you accept the health and welfare benefits. Regardless, the pay is way too low for the amount of stress and hard work you will endure.

The turnover for the job is very high and you will quickly discover there is no career in this line of work. Most investigators leave between the 1st to 2nd year of working. It is a dead end job. Do not accept it. Pursue another line of work.

How do you sleep at night? You know you are treating background investigators with minimal respect. Dump the OPM Contract and allow federal background investigators to do the job for national security reasons and not for profit.

7. Good company to grow

Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you do a noticeably good job, you'll move up the ranks quickly. Lots of free training if you seek it out. Benefits are fine. Leadership seems to care about employees.

Cons

Pay is below average. If you're client-facing, there's not a whole lot of mentoring.

CACI has defined their culture, values and leadership quite well. People will want to work here for a long time if you pay them more competitive rates.

8. Good solid company, very business development oriented.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CACI International

Pros

Good knowledgeable people and staff

Cons

Management is sometimes too bd focused and not considerate of its employees

Focus on keeping good employees

9. Good company to work for

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at CACI International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very ethical with great colleagues

Cons

Advancement limited for those without military background

10. Overall Company Review

Former Contractor - Intelligence Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Contractor - Intelligence Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at CACI International as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, friendly people, good management, ethical company

Cons

None that I can think of at this time

None

11. Technical Trainer

Former Employee - Technical Trainer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Technical Trainer in Washington, DC

I worked at CACI International

Pros

They had the opportunities for a recently separated Army Subject Matter Expect to roll right into a position and be successful.

Cons

CACI is a large defense contract whose Program Management receive an enormous pressure to remain under budget while every year on the contract the overhead gets cuts to beat the under-bidding of competitors .

Consider hiring and keeping qualified people.

CACI International Photos