CACI International Reviews in Washington, DC

Updated July 28, 2014
Updated July 28, 2014

3.5

Kenneth Asbury

Pros
  • Good work/life balance: I've worked over 40 hours a week maybe 10 times in the last 6 years (in 13 reviews)

• Good benefits, pay, management is very nice and work/life balance is decent (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Working on the client site, you get very limited vacation time (in 6 reviews)

• Senior management refuses to acknowledge employee concerns; even during large Q&A sessions (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

138 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Intelligence Analyst

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst III  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst III in Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They are a major Government contractor, this means they can always find you a new contract. The people you will work with tend to be experienced professionals. CACI is generous with time off and most of the bosses I have worked for were very understanding of family needs. Overall good work to life balance.

Cons

As with most Contract work you are left to your own devices once you reach your client site, but this is to be expected. The focus of major contractors is winning new awards, so if you need constant reassurance you are doing a great job, this may not be the line of work for you.

It's a job

Current Employee - Production Clerk/Document Management Analyst  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Production Clerk/Document Management Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI International as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I feel like the health insurance and dental benefits were pretty good. I was able to select a really low-cost health insurance plan that fit my limited needs and then also a really comprehensive dental plan, that still was not very expensive, and fit my needs there. Pay was low to start, but I was able to get an increase (granted, those are tough to come by) which put me above market.

Cons

Working on the client site, you get very limited vacation time. There's 13 days leave a year, but nothing additional for sick days, snow days, or days like Black Friday or Christmas Eve that are really holidays but you don't get off. You're a temp for the first 90 days (or more) with no benefits and no vacation time accumulation. You only start off with one day of leave and you accumulate 1/2 a day per period, but somehow it runs 2 weeks behind. So it takes a really long time to accumulate a sizable amount of leave, especially with sick days/snow days eating into it. Management really does not value employees much, it's more like literally being a line of a balance sheet, and can be draconian. Not much room for advancement, really.

Staff Cuts Hurting Client and Corporate Mission

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay Check, Keep Security Clearance

Cons

Lack of corporate focus, disconnection between management and employes, massive company layoffs with no clear plan regarding growing business and maintaining client satisfaction.,

CACI used to be a recognized leader in providing skilled and competent analysts to meet client needs. However, a focus on quarterly numbers has led to a gutted workforce and management that is now unable to sustain current and win new business.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Divided Company Atmosphere

Former Employee - Project Manager (Technical)  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Project Manager (Technical) in Washington, DC

I worked at CACI International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very knowledgeable management that cares about their workforce. Good benefits, great work locations, and integration of mobility board increased job opportunities across the company.

Cons

Extremely segmented organization. You can tell that CACI International is a company made up of many acquisitions. Little to no knowledge sharing across the organization.

Disheartening

Current Employee - Executive Management  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Executive Management in Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

CACI used to be a well-regarded company. I like the people I work with, who try very hard to do the right thing and maintain a positive attitude despite the workload, cutbacks, and expectations that are not based in reasonable accounting for hours and efforts.

Cons

CACI used to have the feel of a small company where everyone knows your name, even as it moved past $3B and had the heft to swing against the larger competition. Leadership of the past 12-18 months has changed that. While they've shifted resources to make some sorely needed fixes to the IT infrastructure and a few other areas, the overall tone is one that doesn't foster teamwork, trust, or the venerable CACI values. The company has gone through at least three major reorganizations with hundreds of personnel let go. In a down-turning market, some of that is to be expected, however it was managed so poorly as to have damaged on-going operations and relationships with our customers. Senior leadership is so focused on the quarterly numbers they've ceased actually leading.

Communication is poor, starting at the top. There is a difference between a goal and an actual strategy. Numbers alone don't equal either one. I no longer refer friends and colleagues to CACI, as they would have little job security, benefit from no downward loyalty, and have few real opportunities for advancement, official pronouncements regardless. The "climate survey" was laughable, with options that ranged from "fine" to "great", but no room for real feedback.

Has been a good ride until this year.

Current Employee - Functional Analyst  in  Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Functional Analyst in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Paycheck, friendly co-workers, benefits, ethical for the most part.

Cons

Turmoil, lack of leadership, no guidance on the plan for the current or future, lack of communictions, need I say more?

Stop hiding the facts and start listening to your employees who are left after the mass firings that have occured. You need to get in touch with your employees and realize that everything is not going according to your plan.

Wants to do the right thing but just can't seem to figure it out

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CACI International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay before 2013 - now there are pay freezes for all but the most exceptional employees

Cons

Lots of cuts, not all made in the best interest of long term success

Invest more in your people to keep the best from leaving

Technical Writer

Former Employee - Technical Writer  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Washington, DC

I worked at CACI International as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

CACI and my manager were very supportive of my work. My manager allowed me to work independently with the customer and relied upon customer reviews to monitor my success and suitability for the tasking. The customer was able to task me directly, while I gave regular status updates to my manager.

Cons

CACI management was always very busy and would often have to cancel meetings because of last minute responsibilities.

Consider being more aware of your team's capabilities and the customer's needs to ensure more opportunities continued to become available.

CACI

Former Employee - Vice President/Division Manager  in  Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Vice President/Division Manager in Chantilly, VA

I worked at CACI International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people who work hard and care about their customer and the customer's mission. CACI has a good reputation in the customer space.

Cons

Organization is in conflict with itself. Groups within CACI compete for the same opportunities versus focusing on competing with their competitors. Leadership is unwilling to address the issue.

Reorganize around client verticals and aligned to the business to reduce the amount of internal competition for work.

Rough Waters

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at CACI International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Was a great company. Some really excellent managers and leaders. At present, one's experience here depends on the contract or environment you work in.

Cons

The past few years have seen many layoffs(even the CEO was laid off within the last 2 years) and many VPs and other senior leaders have followed. Now good talent is exiting/running scared and taking contract and corporate knowledge with them. More cuts ahead, and, especially for indirect employees, there is much fear of who will be next. Worked there for many years, have seen much change as this company goes through growing pains. Read the financial analysts, and know that the company is always responding with an eye on the numbers. Worst is how good and loyal employees are being treated during these times. It's simply not necessary to let people go by blindsiding them and treating them disrespectfully. Don't think this hasn't had a terrible effect on the "survivors" and long-term health of the company. HR isn't doing much here to improve the situation. Where is the alignment with Jack London's focus on character and ethics?

Align actions to words. Lots of companies are going through tough times but there is a better way to treat employees, even if you have to let them go.

Worked for CACI International? Contribute to the Community!