CACI (UK)

Be The First To
Add Photos

Greg Bradford

Good People

ProsGood people, good environment to work

ConsLIttle ability to move up

Good project - little connection to actual company

Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsChallenging project with good people and a good client. Project allows for flexible work schedule and ability to work remotely. An okay company to work for.

ConsBenefits are very average for such a large company. The culture of your group within your contract will have more to do with your positive or negative feelings about the company. Leadership talks a big game about connecting employees, but tools and resources in place to network with co-workers have provided little, if any, actual value.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's hard to have loyalty to a company that feel you are barely connected to.

Great Company

Graphic Artist (Current Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsI have been with the company only a short time but have been able to observe a very efficient. professional and familial environment. Everyone is kind, patient and a team player. As far as I know, their salary is more than fair and benefits are generous as well.

ConsAll CACI business is contingent upon government budgets, meaning, there is an ebb and flow of work, depending on the needs and remaining budget of the government.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany folks who work for CACI are considered "consultants" though there is not end point, per se, to their contractual obligations. Some additional form of job security for these contractors would ease the minds of many consultants. However, as far as I have seen, consultants are treated with just about the same value as a CACI employee.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Abundant career opportunities, flexible work schedule

Project Manager (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsMy projects have been interesting. Learning a lot of new technology. I love the flexible work schedule and the ability to work from home when my kids are sick. I have been promoted several times since I started. So the company does value and appreciate hard work. If you are unhappy, you can put yourself on the mobility board and switch projects. Great support from direct managers. My direct manager is a mentor and takes time to teach me.

ConsGovernment Contracting is unpredictable and you are subject to your clients whims.
    No Bench so if your project ends you are out of a job. The worst part is there is no true Business Development in the company. Project Managers are expected to execute and win new work.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend less time with your spreadsheets and more time at the client sites winning work.

Great place to work! Highly recommended.

Intelligence Analyst III (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsTraining opportunities, flexibility, benefits, jobs, locations

ConsPay, communication, no commute benefits,

Good

Background Investigator (Current Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsHave growth and development within the company and gives training of skills that can be taken outside of the company and used in the other federal contracting companies or for the federal government.

ConsStarting salary is not commensurate with federal government position of the same function and job.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more competitive with matching salaries better than a $15000 gap for starting pay between CACI position and the federal government counterpart.

Generally a very good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ashburn, VA

ProsInformation sharing from top management is excellent. Training opportunities are outstanding. Tools to support admin processes are outstanding, and still improving. Policies support family friendly atmosphere. Very good at staying at the forefront of IT capabilities (such as JAVA, IT security, mobile computing, etc.) and supporting required certifications. VERY serious about ethical business practices.

ConsFamily friendly policy is left to management discretion, so not everyone will have flexibility they want. Salary can be competitive for some positions, but many IT positions are grossly underpaid in today's market. Benefits are passable, vacation time is not very good.

Advice to Senior ManagementBid jobs so that salaries are realistic to current market...especially when the lowest bidder is not the biggest concern for the customer.

Great company, no stress

Lead Acquisition Analyst (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsI enjoy working for CACI. This is my second time with the company. I always receive respect from my senior management and they are very supportive of my educational and professional goals.

ConsBecause it's a large company, you don't really get to interact with other employees from different communities of interest.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement thus far has been great.

Tired, Political and Bureaucratic

Sales (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsSalary can be fairly good. Some decent people there amongst peers. Core strengths around contracts and admin.

ConsIt's like working for an old fashioned accountancy firm in the 70's. Management have the wrong priorities and are more interested in preserving their positions than evolving and growing the business.
    If you "know your place" you'll get on just fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess nepotism, behind closed door politics and generally get some competence and forward thinking in the management structure, rather than an arrogant cynicism to change.

Alternatively it might just be easier to replace the management team with some people under 50 with less baggage.

Poor timing?

Sales (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsLargely great colleagues. Lot of retail experience, but need to diversify in the UK. Some good products

ConsProduct centric mentality with little service or systems integration background int he UK. The management are a bit 'fly'

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of senior managers who don't really know what they're doing. Speaking of which, is Jeet still being taken seriously?

Worked for CACI (UK)? Contribute to the Community!