CACI (UK) Reviews

Reset
3.1
CACI (UK) Chief Executive Greg Bradford
Greg Bradford

1. Great place to work! Highly recommended.

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst III in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst III in Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI (UK) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Training opportunities, flexibility, benefits, jobs, locations

Cons

Pay, communication, no commute benefits,

2. Good People

Pros

Good people, good environment to work

Cons

LIttle ability to move up

3. Good project - little connection to actual company

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at CACI (UK) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging project with good people and a good client. Project allows for flexible work schedule and ability to work remotely. An okay company to work for.

Cons

Benefits are very average for such a large company. The culture of your group within your contract will have more to do with your positive or negative feelings about the company. Leadership talks a big game about connecting employees, but tools and resources in place to network with co-workers have provided little, if any, actual value.

Advice to Management

It's hard to have loyalty to a company that feel you are barely connected to.

Abundant career opportunities, flexible work schedule

Current Employee - Project Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at CACI (UK) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My projects have been interesting. Learning a lot of new technology. I love the flexible work schedule and the ability to work from home when my kids are sick. I have been promoted several times since I started. So the company does value and appreciate hard work. If you are unhappy, you can put yourself on the mobility board and switch projects. Great support from direct managers. My direct manager is a mentor and takes time to teach me.

Cons

Government Contracting is unpredictable and you are subject to your clients whims. No Bench so if your project ends you are out of a job. The worst part is there is no true Business Development in the company. Project Managers are expected to execute and win new work.

Advice to Management

Spend less time with your spreadsheets and more time at the client sites winning work.

6. Good

Current Employee - Background Investigator in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Background Investigator in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at CACI (UK) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Have growth and development within the company and gives training of skills that can be taken outside of the company and used in the other federal contracting companies or for the federal government.

Cons

Starting salary is not commensurate with federal government position of the same function and job.

Advice to Management

Be more competitive with matching salaries better than a $15000 gap for starting pay between CACI position and the federal government counterpart.

Generally a very good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Pros

Information sharing from top management is excellent. Training opportunities are outstanding. Tools to support admin processes are outstanding, and still improving. Policies support family friendly atmosphere. Very good at staying at the forefront of IT capabilities (such as JAVA, IT security, mobile computing, etc.) and supporting required certifications. VERY serious about ethical business practices.

Cons

Family friendly policy is left to management discretion, so not everyone will have flexibility they want. Salary can be competitive for some positions, but many IT positions are grossly underpaid in today's market. Benefits are passable, vacation time is not very good.

Advice to Management

Bid jobs so that salaries are realistic to current market...especially when the lowest bidder is not the biggest concern for the customer.

8. Great company, no stress

Current Employee - Lead Acquisition Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Lead Acquisition Analyst in Arlington, VA

Pros

I enjoy working for CACI. This is my second time with the company. I always receive respect from my senior management and they are very supportive of my educational and professional goals.

Cons

Because it's a large company, you don't really get to interact with other employees from different communities of interest.

Advice to Management

Management thus far has been great.

9. Perfect for some, not for others!

Former Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)

I worked at CACI (UK) (Less than a year)

Pros

Technical team, pre - sales, and product development are best in class. Very pleasant people. As a business they have a genuine ethos to provide their customers with the best products and services available, which they frequently deliver on. They are constantly innovating their product lines, as a sales person you know you are offering great products. Senior management are very capable and decent people.

Cons

It can be a very slow paced atmosphere which wasn't for me. The company won't necessarily suit people who are money motivated, or want quick career progression. Having said that the staff retention is remarkable, if you fit the CACI mould you will love it there. The various divisions are quite segregated, don't always work effectively together

Advice to Management

Don't over complicate simple processes. Get the business working more collectively.

Stagnant career prospects for technical roles.

Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Implementation Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

The technical team, their ethics, knowledge and experience.

Cons

Management and lack of career progression/pay rises.

Advice to Management

Start to value non-sales staff who create the foundation products that ultimately generate the business' revenue, don't just 'high five' the Sales team.

11. Good company, lots of opportunity

I have been working at CACI (UK) full-time

Pros

Diverse working environment, fairly relaxed approach. Good reputation within customer base and high skills levels among technical team. Some very committed people within the organisation.

Cons

Struggling to make the transition from time and materials body shop into a true strategic partner to its customers. Delivers a better service than IBM and Accenture but struggles to overcome the adage that 'no one gets fired for buying IBM'

Advice to Management

Continue the pursuit of the strategic business rather than the body shop model, invest in pre-sales and hold your nerve.

RSS Feed </> Embed