CACi Reviews

2.8
CEO

1. great company

I worked at CACi

Pros

Pay was great and job placement for future growth within company, ideal.

Cons

Employee moral overseas, benefits were minimal

Advice to Management

Get rid of problem children, they disregard future growth or are self-entitled bullies.

Background Investigator (Level Three)

Former Employee - Background Investigator Level Three in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Background Investigator Level Three in Alexandria, VA

I worked at CACi

Pros

Immediate hire and immersion into job.

Cons

Salary quote was not honored ($67,000) for level three background investigator). After hire, salary was $57,000. Job core was: Conduct personnel security backgrounds. Instead, the emphasis is on completing administrative reports, e.g., documenting each interview site, travel mileage/intineraries, numer of interviews per day, place of interviews and/or records collected, etc. When a report of investigation is disapproved, investigator is not allowed to speak with rreviewer. Instead, investigator must speak to his/her team leader who has no knowledge of the report of his/her investigation. In short, CACI investigator job is does not foster success; does not allow intiative by investigator and burdens investigator with non-essential administrative reports and tasks. In this environment, I can't imagine high morale and an espirit d/corps.

Advice to Management

Too much micro-managment, bureaucracy and unnecessary administrative tasks, one-hour is allowed per week for completing a plethora of administrative requirements. Employees are not allowed to type reports on weekends. All work must be accomplished during weekdays which is incongruent with investigative type work/duties. After two-months, this investigator resigned because of salary misquote,CACI's work procedures/policies and micro-managment. A fellow co-worker has already asked to be changed to part-time work because of CACI's work policies and bureaucratic requirements. Co-worker is also further considering resigning from CACI for same reasons I resigned. I and fellow co-worker each has more than twelve-years as a background investigator. CACI has set-up a work model which will not succeed in the long-term. Without a radical change in CACI policies/procedures, investigator turn-over will accelerate in the first six-months and will not succeed in the long term (by December 2015).

3. Solid work and benefits but little career path direction

I worked at CACi full-time

Pros

The work is as expected and the people are great

Cons

There is little direction n how to further career goals

Don't do it

Current Employee - Background Investigator
    Current Employee - Background Investigator

I have been working at CACi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Not much more to add to this.

Cons

Constant threats regarding prosecution from the day you start, low pay, never seen pay increases or bonuses. Asked to work more hours for less pay, unrealistic metrics for pay. This company should be punished for the way they expect hourly employees to work like salaried employees.

Advice to Management

Follow your own advice and institute some INTEGRITY in the way you treat your employees. Support your employees instead of treating them like criminals. If you treat your employees like criminals long enough, they will likely live up to your expectations.

6. Potential lost.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at CACi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working hours are great. Co-workers are pleasant. Ability to introduce time and money saving changes always welcome to be assessed and usually incorporated.

Cons

Departmental cooperation is not encouraged through upper management. Employee performance issues shared inappropriately. Training is relatively non-existent. Company exists in a reactionary mode.

Advice to Management

Management personnel should meet once a week (with each other) to address how each department affects the other and how to overcome these obstacles; with upper management's support.

Blatantly not acknowledging one employee on anniversaries, birthdays, etc. when all others are does not promote an environment to achieve the best from an employee.

Put more effort in communicating the actual goal for the knowledge requested. Time and aggravation will be decreased on both sides.

Proof read e-mails prior to sending. Decoding what the i-phone decides to insert increases the time frame in which information is received.

7. Great Place

I have been working at CACi full-time

Pros

Great co- workers. flexible hours

Cons

terrible management, and not easy to talk to. Area is very busy

8. I loved the job, the job didn't really love me

Former Employee - Technical Support in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Chantilly, VA

I worked at CACi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved the challenge of working here, the on-site gym, and the professionalism of the employees. My manager was great, and loved working closely with us.

Cons

The job was rather hard, as several staff members were older and stuck in their ways. I was laid off when the government sequestered, simply because I was listed as a contractor. I was among the best performing in my group.

9. I consistently performed at a high level and was an invaluable leader and member of the JIEDDO logistic team.

Former Employee - Logistic Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Logistic Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at CACi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The opportunity for personal growth. I was able to take on challenges and accomplish them.

Cons

Because I worked with multiple Divisions, I noticed the lack of standardization between Divisions. It caused extra work time.

Advice to Management

Advise management to develop their personnel/grow leaders. Consistently consider work/life balance initiatives (telework).

10. It is good company to grow with

Former Employee - Production Control Clerk in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Production Control Clerk in Washington, DC

I worked at CACi full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They respect, and offer good benefits

Cons

You have to show your potential

Advice to Management

Give chance to everyone to stick with the Company

Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here

I worked at CACi full-time

Pros

You are paid a salary

Cons

You are a faceless, meaningless drone. The offices are arranged to maximize the absolute meaninglessness of your existence. Almost everyone is a contractor. THe staff kitchen looks like it was designed by Vladimir Putin, and has as many offerings as a Russian department store the day after Christmas. CACI is where your dreams come to die.

RSS Feed </> Embed