CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) Reviews

Updated March 6, 2015
61 reviews filtered by
3.4
Ryan Jacob

Pros
  • Gym on site is nice if you like to stay active (in 6 reviews)

• You have the potential to make a lot of money within 6months (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Can be difficult to find a work-life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Long hours, stressful environment, low hourly wage (in 7 reviews)

Just Quit

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice Building To Work In

Cons

Basically Everything From The Churn-Style (Revolving Door) Atmosphere of Everyone Quitting/Being A Slave to Giving Your Life Away At All Cost To Make The Company Some Financial Spread. In History, There Is A Reason Why Labor Laws Were Invented To Protect People.

Nothing

This place was a complete insane asylum

I worked at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) (more than 3 years)

Pros

gym onsite, sometimes the management would go through protracted periods of not showing up or really paying attention, so things would be peaceful and productive.

Cons

the people who run this company are truly out of their minds.

3. Excellent opportunity if you are the right fit

Current Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Austin, TX

I have been working at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is the most interesting job I've ever done. You have to be genuinely motivated and engaged by the market opportunity, otherwise this simply isn't a fit. Very aggressive comp plan with uncapped bonuses for traders irrespective of tenure or seniority. The broader team is exceedingly talented. Benefits are pretty standard - nothing too impressive.

Cons

Performance targets are set very high and there isn't any room for mediocrity. Work/life balance can be strained for some new traders.

You can do a better job defining career paths and building out individual skillets. Continue to build out the technology.

Excellent opportunity and business, very smart people, and very demanding

Current Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Extremely high, uncapped bonuses
    - Extremely bright people
    - Learn transferable deal skills, negotiation, and client service
    - Travel to Europe, Asia regularly
    - Work with clients all over the world
    - Amazing business model, and growing

Cons

- Management pushes us very hard to get results
    - Trading is a tough business to manage emotionally
    - I would like more feedback
    - Internal rules for managing competition need to be improved
    - Technology improvement needs to continue

- Keep improving communication
    - Clearer promotion path for new people
    - We need more weekly competitions
    - The new training program is excellent, but needs to be expanded to existing people

Sucks-don't believe the other reviews

Former Employee - Liquid Market Trader in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Liquid Market Trader in Redwood City, CA

I worked at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-good pay- if you sell
    -good employees. people here are actually good people

Cons

-terrible working environment. they threaten to fire you if you don't hit quota
    -Terrible ceo. He is 2 faced.
    -you ever see the movie 'boiler room'-that's what its like
    -they have a few pending law suits against them for poor management

Train your employees.
    -Don't throw them in the deep end without showing them
    -Ryan Jacob is a complete joke. never work for this guy

Tough but Rewarding Company

Current Employee - Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Silicon Valley has always been a make it or break it atmosphere. The semiconductor business is no exception. While some people might like a lower key environment, people like me really thrive in a job where things are happening literally every hour. CAE works for me since management is all about success and rewarding employees who can bring in the sales. It is a competitive environment but for the right person, who believes in their ability to exceed their own sales goals, CAE can be an enjoyable experience.

Cons

Burnout’s always an issue in a high octane type environment. You need to take advantage of perks such as the gym to help keep yourself balanced.

Continue to be aware of employees’ needs to get positive feedback and be available for advice and support as much as possible.

Dynamic Company With a Clear Vision

Current Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA

Pros

With friends and family working in the semiconductor industry, I’ve always had a special affinity for the basic building blocks of technology – never saw myself particularly as an ‘app’ or Google type employee.  Looking around, I discovered CAE and was pleased they offered me a sales position.  What I like is that CAE is targeting a category of the semiconductor business – equipment – that is apparently an investment area Wall Street has confidence in.  I also like that the fact that the company is established and growing, which offers opportunity for growth in my own career.

Cons

CAE is a place for self-driven employees.  You will do best if you come in to the job with your own high goals and don’t expect someone to hold your hand day by day.

Keep working on building a balanced corporate culture.

2 yr employee

Current Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA

Pros

CAE is not the same place it was when I started. They have made great strides and continue to do so. They brought on new Sr management as partner that are really making a difference. I cant tell you the last time I worked 12 hrs in a day. Do we put in some long days at the end of the month, we sure do. I find it hard to believe CAE is still getting these reviews. It clearly is coming from the same people time and time again. We have a dedicated team that has been growing over the past 1 1/2. I do think Management has also grown.

Cons

Management needs to slow down instead of making quick decisions. Communication can be improved through out the company. Can be very stressful at times.

Continue to improve and build a world class org.

Warning: Sociopath at the Helm

Former Employee - Capital Asset Trader
    Former Employee - Capital Asset Trader

I worked at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Moderate to good income, but if you consider how many hours you'll need to work, it's not actually good at all.

Cons

Sociopathic leadership. The top leaders aspire to create a work environment similar to "The Wolf of Wall Street". The only problem is that no one at CAE actually makes that much money, there are no redeeming qualities about the leaders, and people no longer look up to values sets that include sexism and homophobia. It's just not cool anymore.

But don't take my word for it. Just look up the court record for the company. Or Google "The Worst Bosses in the World?" and "CAET" (their official business name).
    So there's that.

If you really want to make a ton of money doing sales, go into the medical or tech sales industries.

Enter 2014.
    Exit Psychosis.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Work-life balance is respected. The company has cultivated a great culture with more collaboration through the mentor program.

Cons

Still need to work on company communications throughout the entire company . . . not just the sales team.

In the next few months good communication will be essential to successfully complete company goals.

CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) Photos