CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading)

www.caeonline.com
  www.caeonline.com

CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) Reviews

Updated July 18, 2014
Updated July 18, 2014
3.5

Ryan Jacob

Pros
  • Gym on site is nice if you like to stay active (in 6 reviews)

• You have the potential to make a lot of money within 6months (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, stressful environment, low hourly wage (in 7 reviews)

• Less than ideal work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Tough but Rewarding Company

Current Employee - Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Silicon Valley has always been a make it or break it atmosphere. The semiconductor business is no exception. While some people might like a lower key environment, people like me really thrive in a job where things are happening literally every hour. CAE works for me since management is all about success and rewarding employees who can bring in the sales. It is a competitive environment but for the right person, who believes in their ability to exceed their own sales goals, CAE can be an enjoyable experience.

Cons

Burnout’s always an issue in a high octane type environment. You need to take advantage of perks such as the gym to help keep yourself balanced.

Continue to be aware of employees’ needs to get positive feedback and be available for advice and support as much as possible.

Excellent training ground

Current Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Even in 2014, there aren’t that many women at the top of the heap in the semiconductor business. I think the way to get there is not to complain but learn and use all the skills it takes to lead a company. I decided to take a job with CAE because it will give me the industry education I need to advance in my career. Older people in my family have told me practical education on the job goes a long way in moving up. Some things you just can’t learn in a university. I’m definitely seeing how the semiconductor business works, day by day, and will use this knowledge to my advantage as I plan my next career move.

Cons

While CAE does offer some mentoring, don’t expect hand holding. But, I’m looking at that as adding another skill – learning to be aggressive when you need to be and ask questions so you can be productive.

Give those starting out in their careers encouragement to ask for help when they need it.

Dynamic Company With a Clear Vision

Current Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA

Pros

With friends and family working in the semiconductor industry, I’ve always had a special affinity for the basic building blocks of technology – never saw myself particularly as an ‘app’ or Google type employee.  Looking around, I discovered CAE and was pleased they offered me a sales position.  What I like is that CAE is targeting a category of the semiconductor business – equipment – that is apparently an investment area Wall Street has confidence in.  I also like that the fact that the company is established and growing, which offers opportunity for growth in my own career.

Cons

CAE is a place for self-driven employees.  You will do best if you come in to the job with your own high goals and don’t expect someone to hold your hand day by day.

Keep working on building a balanced corporate culture.

2 yr employee

Current Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA

Pros

CAE is not the same place it was when I started. They have made great strides and continue to do so. They brought on new Sr management as partner that are really making a difference. I cant tell you the last time I worked 12 hrs in a day. Do we put in some long days at the end of the month, we sure do. I find it hard to believe CAE is still getting these reviews. It clearly is coming from the same people time and time again. We have a dedicated team that has been growing over the past 1 1/2. I do think Management has also grown.

Cons

Management needs to slow down instead of making quick decisions. Communication can be improved through out the company. Can be very stressful at times.

Continue to improve and build a world class org.

Warning: Sociopath at the Helm

Former Employee - Capital Asset Trader

I worked at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Moderate to good income, but if you consider how many hours you'll need to work, it's not actually good at all.

Cons

Sociopathic leadership. The top leaders aspire to create a work environment similar to "The Wolf of Wall Street". The only problem is that no one at CAE actually makes that much money, there are no redeeming qualities about the leaders, and people no longer look up to values sets that include sexism and homophobia. It's just not cool anymore.

But don't take my word for it. Just look up the court record for the company. Or Google "The Worst Bosses in the World?" and "CAET" (their official business name).
    So there's that.

If you really want to make a ton of money doing sales, go into the medical or tech sales industries.

Enter 2014.
    Exit Psychosis.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Work-life balance is respected. The company has cultivated a great culture with more collaboration through the mentor program.

Cons

Still need to work on company communications throughout the entire company . . . not just the sales team.

In the next few months good communication will be essential to successfully complete company goals.

Do not sacrifice anything to work here - It's not worth it

Former Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA

Pros

- You have the potential to make a lot of money within 6months. That said, your chances of staying long enough to see any real money is slim. I started in a class of 5 people and by month 3, it was just I that remained.
    - Really nice office complex and onsite gym

Cons

- Management does not treat anyone (even each other) with respect - I can not emphasize this enough.
    - 16hr days are very common.
    - Work on Friday.
    - Emails from Management come at all hours of the night and they expect a response immediately.
    - Very little training for new employees, it is a "sink or swim" environment.
    - The Management does little to control the deal process that exists, and thus a LOT of unethical behavior takes place.
    - Management periodically asks the top preforming traders and managers to submit loosely scripted Glassdoor reviews to boost their ratings (I was asked on MANY occasions to do this). So please, read grossly positive reviews with a 'grain of salt'.

Try to realize that your employees are humans and most likely, very smart. All they want is a little training and support. Once they have that, they can make YOUR company a lot of money. Don't treat them like insufficient machines.

Churn and Burn Company

Former Employee - Capital Asset Trader

I worked at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

cutthroat sales experience, If you are the 1% of people that makes it in a hiring class you will have potential to make good money.

Cons

No Training, 12+ hr days, terrible salary, no ramp up,

A Graduate Education

Current Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Working in Silicon Valley in sales and service, I always wanted to get closer to the semiconductor business since that’s where it all begins. After interviewing at CAE, I decided it would be a good opportunity to learn more about manufacturing and make some decent money as well. After a round of interviews, I felt the team at CAE was highly informed and ambitious about being a major player in the equipment market. It’s been a good experience so far. I’m getting a graduate level education in semiconductor manufacturing and the compensation is meeting my goals.

Cons

CAE can be a pretty intense environment but sales is always intense. You’re only as good as the last, and next, deal you close. If you’re looking for a low pressure environment, CAE isn’t for you.

When possible, work more closely with those team members who may not be performing up to speed. It will help create more of a team environment and can save some people who just need an extra boost.

Works for People on the Move

Current Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA

Pros

I’m in the early stages of my career and wanted my next job to be more challenging, with more rewards as a result. CAE seemed pretty high energy and focused on success, so I thought I’d give it a try. It was rough going at first. My last boss was a micro manager and at CAE I had to get used to becoming a real self-driven employee. Once I got used to the pace, though, I started to do well. Since I am personally motivated to succeed at CAE, I’m fitting in with those co-workers who want to make things happen for themselves and the firm. It’s turning out to be a great learning experience for me.

Cons

CAE definitely is not for the weak at heart. If you’re looking for somebody to hold your hand and cheer you on, it’s not that type of place. However, self-starters will do fine here.

The social events are great. With everyone on their own during the workday it’s great to have events that make you feel part of a team.

CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) Photos