CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading)

www.caeonline.com
  www.caeonline.com

CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) Reviews

Updated July 18, 2014
Updated July 18, 2014
3.5

Ryan Jacob

Pros
  • Gym on site is nice if you like to stay active (in 6 reviews)

• You have the potential to make a lot of money within 6months (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, stressful environment, low hourly wage (in 7 reviews)

• Less than ideal work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Training Ground for a High Performance Sales Career

Former Employee - Trader  in  Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA

I worked at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time for less than a year

Pros

I come from a family with sales jobs in our DNA so it was pretty natural for me to think of a sales career after college. CAE looked interesting to me since the company seemed high energy and pretty much focused on sales. The executives are super successful and I wanted to learn from the best. My time at CAE turned out to be very educational. I learned what it takes to be a top sales earner in a very tough, competitive environment. Those lessons are helping me advance in my sales career. Working at CAE, and enjoying it, proved that sales is the right career path for me. I would have stayed, but left to work in a new company with my brother.

Cons

It is definitely a place for self-starters. The atmosphere is intense and there’s no room for slackers. But they are very aware of the guys who do perform and you are compensated accordingly.

Since the bar is set so high, keep improving the training program for new recruits to give everyone their best shot. Also keep up the perks for top performers.

Awesome Place to Work!

I have been working at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Mentor Program implemented over the past year is working and has helped to obtain and retain talented and dedicated employees.

Office shuts down for lunch and most head to the on-site gym for a workout or a game of basketball.

Office closes at 1:00 PM of Fridays and if we are successful at obtaining our goals, a 3 day Holiday weekend can turn into a 4 day Holiday weekend.

On-site state of the art workout facility with Rock Wall, Pool, Free Weights and Cardio Equipment, Personal Trainers, Cross Fit, and every class imaginable.

On-site Cafe that serves organic, freshly prepared food with a menu that changes daily.

My work/life balance is better than any other company that I have worked for.

Cons

Requires hard work, determination and integrity.

The environment is very different from when I started 15 months ago. You've made great strides to improve the culture and work/life balance. I believe that those who currently work at CAE do so because they really like what they can bring to the company. Continue to reward success.

Bonus program for non-traders needs to be implemented, so that we can all be recognized for our contributions to the company.

Good Opportunity for Sales Self Starters

Former Employee - Capital Asset Trader  in  Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA

Pros

I was downsized out of a marketing position in high tech and being about mid-point in my career, thought it might be worthwhile to expand my search to include sales. Since marketing and sales tend to work closely together, I thought it might be doable to migrate over to a full time sales position. The guys at CAE gave me every opportunity to succeed, with training and clear objectives. But it was pretty clear I’m just not cut out for sales and I wasn’t meeting their sales numbers. We left on good terms. No harm. No foul. The short stint at CAE convinced me to stay focused on a marketing career. However, I did learn some valuable information about how sales really works and that is an added benefit as I move forward in marketing.

Cons

CAE is a one man for himself kind of place. If you are thinking of a retraining type move, this is not the place for you since there is really no ramp up time. They expect results from you asap.

The management has great drive and imparting this ‘can-do’ attitude to new employees is a must. Since they expect you to be a self-starter, providing as much education and information as possible will further ensure newbies will succeed.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast Moving Company and Very Performance Driven. Not for Weaklings!

Current Employee - Trader  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA

Pros

No one would argue capital equipment sales has been a male dominated environment. So I was a little hesitant about taking a job with a company specializing in trading this type of equipment. Granted, my confidence level is always high but I was skeptical. Would I be dealing with a lot of annoying macho stuff? After working at CAE for a while I can say, yes, there is definitely some of that, but it is very much an equal opportunity environment. If you’re a confident, driven to succeed type, which I am, you can get rewards in terms of compensation and advancement.

I really like the gym which has absolutely everything you’d want to exercise. Hey, I might not be able to bench press as much weight as the guys but I can hold my own with those sales numbers!!!!

Cons

Yes, it is a high pressure environment, but seriously, what would you expect when you’re dealing with multi-million dollar deals? It’s not necessarily a warm fuzzy environment but I’ve found it works if you meet your goals.

Continue to provide some perks like the gym since it helps provide balance and prevent burnout. Foster promotion for those who demonstrate steady performance at a high level.

Don't leave a real career for this place!!

Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Associate in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Learn the grass isn't always greener on the other side. You next job will be better. Extensive experience learning to work with inept and abusive top management.

Cons

CEO always meeting with lawyers about filing a suit against a former employee or customer. Otherwise meeting with lawyers about a class action suit filed by former employees or customers. CEO is verbally abusive and threatens employees with their job once hired on. Makes current employees write good reviews on Glassdoor or risk punishment. Corporate values and simple common decency are out the door at this place.

Get counseling

Do your research before even thinking about working here.

Former Employee - Trader  in  Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA

I worked at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Possibility of very high pay.

Cons

When you factor in mandatory 16 hour days(and Sundays), you're basically working two jobs, so the one Pro that was listed above is not looking like a pro anymore.

Management has no idea what they are doing. Constant flip-flopping. Employees are fired every week.

The skills you learn here are not transferable anywhere else.

Competitive environment to the point where it's hostile.

Make sure you do your research before even thinking about applying here. Do a Google search of "Meet California's Most Abusive Company" and you'll be amazed at what you'll find.

Replace the CEO(even though he is part owner). Replace most of Sr. Management. Treat employees with respect.

Extreme Boot Camp But You Learn a Lot and the Compensation is Great

Current Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Being a top tier sales professional is my career objective. I joined CAE because I knew, that while it can be a pressure cooker environment, they are more than fair in compensating those who perform. Since I’m setting the bar high for my own objectives, CAE seemed like a good fit. It’s worked out for me. CAE does promote from within so it is a good place for people like me who are focused on getting ahead and always looking for the next level of compensation. Plus, at some point, if I decide to move to another sales organization, the experience will be very valuable in meeting my new objectives. The managers at CAE are tough but bright and if you work hard and pay attention, you’ll learn what it takes to be an A level salesperson, and also have a very rewarding experience.

Cons

CAE can kind of feel like boot camp at first but it’s tied to performance and if you can handle the pressure, you’ll do fine and be compensated accordingly.

Continue to train salespeople so no one gets stale. Grow the organization by helping star performers to move upward in compensation and responsibility.

Great Company for those who like to work hard and get rewarded for their success!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been with CAE for almost a year and I love it! Great group of people who have a deep sense of purpose and work hard to make the business successful.

Fast moving, high energy company.

Office closes at 3:00 PM of Fridays and if we are successful at obtaining our goals a 3 day Holiday weekend and turn into a 4 day Holiday weekend.

Solid foundation with an excellent track record for success. Management has the ability to successfully adapt to the constantly changing market.

Cons

Requires the ability think fast, work hard and successfully adjust to continually changing environment.

CAE deals in Worldwide markets, which means the business can required that you deal with International situations during your down time.

Keep the dedication to continual improvements to training, technology and mentorship. Continue with hiring dedicated, qualified people who have the ability to make it happen and adjust to continually change markets and environment.

How CAE changed my life

Current Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you are looking for a unique and different career path CAE is the place for you. I started here several years ago not knowing anything about Semiconductor Equipment markets. I came from another sales job where my income was capped, and potential to move up was low. CAE changed my life by not setting limits on my sales potential and providing me with the tools I need to be successful. I am extremely grateful for the opportunity that CAE has provided.

Extreme financial reward
    Opportunity to move up to senior trader quickly
    Solid foundation with an excellent track record for success
    Health benefits have been excellent
    Worlds leading semiconductor equipment marketplace
    Gym membership to state of the art facility
    Great location
    Trips & prize competitions

Cons

If you are not prepared for long work days, CAE is not a good fit.

Management at CAE strives for success. They will guide you to achieve very high performance but it does not come without pressure and hard work. This means some late nights working on deals, or answering emails during the evening hours.

CAE is a sales environment that does not stop. Downtime is limited.

Results are what keep employees happy and the employees who have not cut it were not meant to be. I have learned a lot from the CAE management team, and I am always learning more as the months go by. My advice is to continue to coach new traders that come in the same way each and every time. The work ethic, attention to detail, and drive I have obtained at CAE are valuable traits I will always carry now. Thank you.

Nowhere like CAE

Current Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA

Pros

You won't find another company or career opportunity like CAE. I relocated to the bay area for this job, and i don't regret it at all. This is trading, pure and simple. It doesn't have the glamor of wall street, but it definitely has the thrill and reward of making deal after deal happen.

They will let you run independently here. You'll surely get an earful when you don't do your job right, but the amount of responsibility afforded is unbelievable.

Cons

The company finally shut down the LMG team, which was long overdue.
    Industry counterparties can be cutthroat negotiators.
    High intensity.
    Short leash for under performers.

Invest in your current team. Sharpen their skills with constant training and feedback loops.

Worked for CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading)? Contribute to the Community!