CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading)

www.caeonline.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review

CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) Reviews

Updated March 6, 2015
61 reviews filtered by

Do not sacrifice anything to work here - It's not worth it

Former Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA

I worked at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- You have the potential to make a lot of money within 6months. That said, your chances of staying long enough to see any real money is slim. I started in a class of 5 people and by month 3, it was just I that remained.
    - Really nice office complex and onsite gym

Cons

- Management does not treat anyone (even each other) with respect - I can not emphasize this enough.
    - 16hr days are very common.
    - Work on Friday.
    - Emails from Management come at all hours of the night and they expect a response immediately.
    - Very little training for new employees, it is a "sink or swim" environment.
    - The Management does little to control the deal process that exists, and thus a LOT of unethical behavior takes place.
    - Management periodically asks the top preforming traders and managers to submit loosely scripted Glassdoor reviews to boost their ratings (I was asked on MANY occasions to do this). So please, read grossly positive reviews with a 'grain of salt'.

Advice to Management

Try to realize that your employees are humans and most likely, very smart. All they want is a little training and support. Once they have that, they can make YOUR company a lot of money. Don't treat them like insufficient machines.

Works for People on the Move

Current Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I’m in the early stages of my career and wanted my next job to be more challenging, with more rewards as a result. CAE seemed pretty high energy and focused on success, so I thought I’d give it a try. It was rough going at first. My last boss was a micro manager and at CAE I had to get used to becoming a real self-driven employee. Once I got used to the pace, though, I started to do well. Since I am personally motivated to succeed at CAE, I’m fitting in with those co-workers who want to make things happen for themselves and the firm. It’s turning out to be a great learning experience for me.

Cons

CAE definitely is not for the weak at heart. If you’re looking for somebody to hold your hand and cheer you on, it’s not that type of place. However, self-starters will do fine here.

Advice to Management

The social events are great. With everyone on their own during the workday it’s great to have events that make you feel part of a team.

3. A Graduate Education

Current Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Capital Asset Trader in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working in Silicon Valley in sales and service, I always wanted to get closer to the semiconductor business since that’s where it all begins. After interviewing at CAE, I decided it would be a good opportunity to learn more about manufacturing and make some decent money as well. After a round of interviews, I felt the team at CAE was highly informed and ambitious about being a major player in the equipment market. It’s been a good experience so far. I’m getting a graduate level education in semiconductor manufacturing and the compensation is meeting my goals.

Cons

CAE can be a pretty intense environment but sales is always intense. You’re only as good as the last, and next, deal you close. If you’re looking for a low pressure environment, CAE isn’t for you.

Advice to Management

When possible, work more closely with those team members who may not be performing up to speed. It will help create more of a team environment and can save some people who just need an extra boost.

Churn and Burn Company

Former Employee - Capital Asset Trader
    Former Employee - Capital Asset Trader

I worked at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time (less than a year)

Pros

cutthroat sales experience, If you are the 1% of people that makes it in a hiring class you will have potential to make good money.

Cons

No Training, 12+ hr days, terrible salary, no ramp up,

6. Nothing Succeeds Like Success

Current Employee - Trader
    Current Employee - Trader

I have been working at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time

Pros

I am a natural born salesman, the kid who sold more fundraising cookies than anybody else. I expect to be a VP Sales eventually and went looking for a company that had my level of energy and ambition and could give me a thorough foundation in effective sales tactics. CAE fits the bill. The company is uber-focused on sales, sales, sales, and if you are good, which I have to say I am, you will do very well and the compensation is great! I really enjoy working with the executives and my team members on the trading floor. We feed off of each other’s energy and the result is high earnings for all.

Cons

Sometimes, even for me, the place can get a little too intense but you can work off the pressure at the gym and they run trips and events for employees that are fun.

Advice to Management

Weed out the non-performers as soon as possible so those of us who are high achievers can be supported and compensated in line with our performance. Training remains critical for this and any good service oriented business.

Great Training Ground for a High Performance Sales Career

I worked at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I come from a family with sales jobs in our DNA so it was pretty natural for me to think of a sales career after college. CAE looked interesting to me since the company seemed high energy and pretty much focused on sales. The executives are super successful and I wanted to learn from the best. My time at CAE turned out to be very educational. I learned what it takes to be a top sales earner in a very tough, competitive environment. Those lessons are helping me advance in my sales career. Working at CAE, and enjoying it, proved that sales is the right career path for me. I would have stayed, but left to work in a new company with my brother.

Cons

It is definitely a place for self-starters. The atmosphere is intense and there’s no room for slackers. But they are very aware of the guys who do perform and you are compensated accordingly.

Advice to Management

Since the bar is set so high, keep improving the training program for new recruits to give everyone their best shot. Also keep up the perks for top performers.

Awesome Place to Work!

Pros

Great group of people who have a deep sense of purpose and work hard to make the business successful.

The Mentor Program implemented over the past year is working and has helped to obtain and retain talented and dedicated employees.

Office shuts down for lunch and most head to the on-site gym for a workout or a game of basketball.

Office closes at 1:00 PM of Fridays and if we are successful at obtaining our goals, a 3 day Holiday weekend can turn into a 4 day Holiday weekend.

On-site state of the art workout facility with Rock Wall, Pool, Free Weights and Cardio Equipment, Personal Trainers, Cross Fit, and every class imaginable.

On-site Cafe that serves organic, freshly prepared food with a menu that changes daily.

My work/life balance is better than any other company that I have worked for.

Cons

Requires hard work, determination and integrity.

Advice to Management

The environment is very different from when I started 15 months ago. You've made great strides to improve the culture and work/life balance. I believe that those who currently work at CAE do so because they really like what they can bring to the company. Continue to reward success.

Bonus program for non-traders needs to be implemented, so that we can all be recognized for our contributions to the company.

9. Good Opportunity for Sales Self Starters

I worked at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I was downsized out of a marketing position in high tech and being about mid-point in my career, thought it might be worthwhile to expand my search to include sales. Since marketing and sales tend to work closely together, I thought it might be doable to migrate over to a full time sales position. The guys at CAE gave me every opportunity to succeed, with training and clear objectives. But it was pretty clear I’m just not cut out for sales and I wasn’t meeting their sales numbers. We left on good terms. No harm. No foul. The short stint at CAE convinced me to stay focused on a marketing career. However, I did learn some valuable information about how sales really works and that is an added benefit as I move forward in marketing.

Cons

CAE is a one man for himself kind of place. If you are thinking of a retraining type move, this is not the place for you since there is really no ramp up time. They expect results from you asap.

Advice to Management

The management has great drive and imparting this ‘can-do’ attitude to new employees is a must. Since they expect you to be a self-starter, providing as much education and information as possible will further ensure newbies will succeed.

Fast Moving Company and Very Performance Driven. Not for Weaklings!

Current Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA

Pros

No one would argue capital equipment sales has been a male dominated environment. So I was a little hesitant about taking a job with a company specializing in trading this type of equipment. Granted, my confidence level is always high but I was skeptical. Would I be dealing with a lot of annoying macho stuff? After working at CAE for a while I can say, yes, there is definitely some of that, but it is very much an equal opportunity environment. If you’re a confident, driven to succeed type, which I am, you can get rewards in terms of compensation and advancement.

I really like the gym which has absolutely everything you’d want to exercise. Hey, I might not be able to bench press as much weight as the guys but I can hold my own with those sales numbers!!!!

Cons

Yes, it is a high pressure environment, but seriously, what would you expect when you’re dealing with multi-million dollar deals? It’s not necessarily a warm fuzzy environment but I’ve found it works if you meet your goals.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide some perks like the gym since it helps provide balance and prevent burnout. Foster promotion for those who demonstrate steady performance at a high level.

Do your research before even thinking about working here.

Former Employee - Trader in Redwood City, CA

I worked at CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Possibility of very high pay.

Cons

When you factor in mandatory 16 hour days(and Sundays), you're basically working two jobs, so the one Pro that was listed above is not looking like a pro anymore.

Management has no idea what they are doing. Constant flip-flopping. Employees are fired every week.

The skills you learn here are not transferable anywhere else.

Competitive environment to the point where it's hostile.

Make sure you do your research before even thinking about applying here. Do a Google search of "Meet California's Most Abusive Company" and you'll be amazed at what you'll find.

Advice to Management

Replace the CEO(even though he is part owner). Replace most of Sr. Management. Treat employees with respect.

CAE (Capital Asset Exchange & Trading) Photos