CAE Reviews

Updated October 1, 2014
2.8

CAE President, CEO, and Director Marc Parent
Marc Parent

Pros
  • The working conditions are fairly good and overtime is paid at time and a half (in 12 reviews)

• Great place for building long term personal and professional relationships (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is more focused on product than on employees (in 12 reviews)

• gt; Limited growth opportunities as people don't quit and large layers of management of long timers (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

CAE USA - Good benefits; old school thinking

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at CAE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Compensation is ok - they pay overtime. Good employee benefits. Lots of smart people which is nice to be around. Lots of good contacts with military.

Cons

Some good simulation software but on the other side, most in Tampa are on Office 2007 (!). Weird mix of outdated software and new technology. Very little work from home -- they still want to see you in office.

Lots of good engineers but not so much good mid level management- a lot of engineers turned to management who are not good at managing people. I think they are trying to change that; just started a "tech only" kind of path.

Heavy focus on military, which makes sense considering the customer base -- but lots of ex-mil management also try to enforce chain of command thinking, which gets in the way. New head honcho seems to be doing pretty well; better than previous one.

don't promote according to years of service or based on being ex-military. figure out what to do with healthcare product line. have better marketing and product development -- out from under thumb of Canada.

Don't Bother

Current Employee - Flight Instructor  in  DFW, TX
    Current Employee - Flight Instructor in DFW, TX

I have been working at CAE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The Clients are great from around the world

Cons

Ever thing else. Management are imbeciles

Get some real managers

Simulation Technician II

I have been working at CAE

Pros

There are no pros here

Cons

Terrible company all the way up the management chain

Clean the slate start over

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Healthcare- Great product, Horrible management

Former Employee - Management  in  Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Management in Sarasota, FL

I worked at CAE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fantastic healthcare simulation product! Potential to save lives, and educate others to do the same.

Cons

Guaranteed 80-100 work weeks, consistently berated by management, miserable outlook for future, no longevity, multiple layoffs, wrongful termination. All the best employees are quitting due to upper management.

If your plan is to shut down SRQ production and move to Montreal- tell the people. Don't fire strongest people, or force them to quit because you can't be honest. Upper management sets a poor precedence for leadership, and HR rules the company. No employee can trust anything but another employee. Look what you are doing to Healthcare!

Not Bad, but not Great

Current Employee - Co-Op
    Current Employee - Co-Op

I have been working at CAE as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, good pay, variety of assignments

Cons

A lot of assignments are mediocre, sometimes there's nothing to do

Fear for your job everyday

I worked at CAE full-time

Pros

Before, when it was METI it was a great place to work. Management was great too. Then...CAE acquired METI in 2011.

Cons

Want to get laid off or fired? Then work here at CAE. No stability. CAE management pushes you around like a bull mowing over you. One minute you are busy working and without a clue they lay you off. Would never want to go back there again.

Stop using the employees as fools. Telling them all is ok ..then the next minute , another round of layoffs.

Sad at the direction of this company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I worked at CAE full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people I worked with across the country and world are still some of my closest friends. Working with healthcare providers to impact patient safety was such a worthwhile occupation.

Cons

Once METI was purchased by CAE, the company went from a learning company to a simulator company. The management has no clue that the education part of the company impacted the sales at a very high level. In addition, the sales force was extremely low in numbers compared to its rival companies all along. Now, with eliminating sales and education employees at regular intervals it certainly will get worse. HR did not maintain my confidentiality while an employee which led to some difficulties in my last days. I'm glad I am gone; I'm sad for my friends who won't find another job before they get laid off in the next round.

You need to wake up and figure out what you are doing. What is your mission? What is your vision for the healthcare arm of your company? Be open and honest with your employees instead of treating them so poorly. The last memo I got (through a very active grapevine) extended two whole sentences to someone who had given their all to make your company successful. Even if you eliminate their position, they deserve more from you than that.

Very disappointing.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I worked at CAE full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Generally, great people. I was part, for many years, of the original company, great leadership, great technology, great market, a tremendous potential.
    CAE acquired the company in 2011 and since then, everything has gone downhill.

Cons

Upper Management has no clue, no direction, treat all employees without respect. Layoff are very common and always as a result of bad management - the interesting fact; management stays and employees are layoff. In summary, Management doesn't care.
    CAE stock performance is an embarrassment and a direct reflection of CAE leadership.
    HR runs the whole company - HR is the most powerful organization inside CAE. Employees cannot trust HR - it is like Initech (Office Space)

Advice: Upper Management needs replacing.

Not focused on the employees only on the bottom dollar

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CAE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Exciting industry and great employees

Cons

Senior Management from Global Operations and HR leaders are very out of touch with the team.

Pay attention to what your employees are telling you.

Many a small thing has been made large by the right kind of advertising. - Mark Twain

I worked at CAE full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place for building long term personal and professional relationships.

Cons

Poor management. Too many layoffs. No market strategy. Lack of new product development. Forecast unrealistic likely due to no market research/analysis. There are always career opportunities available because there are always layoffs.

Competitive and market research. New product development with fresh ideas and Future (not past) technology. Replace management in several departments. Give employees a feeling of security by keeping some around for more than a year or two. Better compensation.

CAE Photos

Montreal Head Office

+ Add Photo

Worked for CAE? Contribute to the Community!