CAE

Updated January 22, 2015
2.7

CAE President, CEO, and Director Marc Parent
Marc Parent

Pros
  • The working conditions are fairly good and overtime is paid at time and a half (in 13 reviews)

• Great place for building long term personal and professional relationships (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is more focused on product than on employees (in 13 reviews)

• gt; Limited growth opportunities as people don't quit and large layers of management of long timers (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Sad at the direction of this company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I worked at CAE full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people I worked with across the country and world are still some of my closest friends. Working with healthcare providers to impact patient safety was such a worthwhile occupation.

Cons

Once METI was purchased by CAE, the company went from a learning company to a simulator company. The management has no clue that the education part of the company impacted the sales at a very high level. In addition, the sales force was extremely low in numbers compared to its rival companies all along. Now, with eliminating sales and education employees at regular intervals it certainly will get worse. HR did not maintain my confidentiality while an employee which led to some difficulties in my last days. I'm glad I am gone; I'm sad for my friends who won't find another job before they get laid off in the next round.

You need to wake up and figure out what you are doing. What is your mission? What is your vision for the healthcare arm of your company? Be open and honest with your employees instead of treating them so poorly. The last memo I got (through a very active grapevine) extended two whole sentences to someone who had given their all to make your company successful. Even if you eliminate their position, they deserve more from you than that.

Very disappointing.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I worked at CAE full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Generally, great people. I was part, for many years, of the original company, great leadership, great technology, great market, a tremendous potential.
    CAE acquired the company in 2011 and since then, everything has gone downhill.

Cons

Upper Management has no clue, no direction, treat all employees without respect. Layoff are very common and always as a result of bad management - the interesting fact; management stays and employees are layoff. In summary, Management doesn't care.
    CAE stock performance is an embarrassment and a direct reflection of CAE leadership.
    HR runs the whole company - HR is the most powerful organization inside CAE. Employees cannot trust HR - it is like Initech (Office Space)

Advice: Upper Management needs replacing.

Not focused on the employees only on the bottom dollar

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CAE full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Exciting industry and great employees

Cons

Senior Management from Global Operations and HR leaders are very out of touch with the team.

Pay attention to what your employees are telling you.

Many a small thing has been made large by the right kind of advertising. - Mark Twain

I worked at CAE full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place for building long term personal and professional relationships.

Cons

Poor management. Too many layoffs. No market strategy. Lack of new product development. Forecast unrealistic likely due to no market research/analysis. There are always career opportunities available because there are always layoffs.

Competitive and market research. New product development with fresh ideas and Future (not past) technology. Replace management in several departments. Give employees a feeling of security by keeping some around for more than a year or two. Better compensation.

Management is terrible.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at CAE full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great industry. I work in the human patient simulation division, and the products we produce are great. Our company was bought by CAE two years ago and our focus has changed, which makes the mission a little less clear, but the company started with the idea of saving lives. How can you beat that?

Cons

Management is unreal. There are quarterly layoffs, and upper management always has a new plan. The President announced in January at a Sales meeting, "there will be no layoffs, but I may fire someone before the end of the week." This was his idea of humor. Vacation and expense policies have changed retroactively. Salaries are low, but hours are long.

Short and treacherous

Former Employee - Commodities Trader in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Commodities Trader in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at CAE full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Thought of company living up to compensation agreement

Cons

Went back on everything promised in contract and forced long, dreadful work hours

People should really be looked at as assets not a means to your end

Met a lot of great people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CAE

Pros

Great presence in Tampa's market.

Cons

Difficult to work with some managers.

Hire better managers

Overall CAE is a good company to work for

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CAE

Pros

Friendly work environment
    Good benefits - 401K w/ matching, health, dental, vision, life insurance, temp disability, etc...
    Hours are flexible
    Dress code is relaxed - jeans, polo, and sneakers

Cons

Pay-scale is lower than average
    Management is unable to balance project workflow - lead to recent layoffs
    Product is old and needs revamping - functionality is good but could be made to be better if they would walk away from VB6.

Manage the budget better

This place treats employees kinda poorly.

Former Employee - Ops Coordinator in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Ops Coordinator in Columbia, SC

I worked at CAE

Pros

Its a job in a poor economy. The coworkers were truly a blast. Good workers poor managers and poor wage/

Cons

hours, pay, management were all a joke. They provide no feedback, or training. They take advantage of employees and the poor economy.

Treat your employees better. Split the shifts. Provide feedback. Allow employees their legal breaks. Work with employees to become better.

Run!

I have been working at CAE

Pros

Flexible schedule, frendly people, ability to work from home

Cons

Upper management is lost in the vacuum of what seems to be a separate universe inaccessible to regular employees. In quite a few instances, I've seen good leadership be demoted or let go for no obvious reason. Frequent reorganizations, changes in objectives, the never ending ERP system implementation, just to name a few...

If an employee is only a numbered resource... then how can you even talk about engagement?

CAE Photos