CAE USA Reviews

Updated August 16, 2014
Updated August 16, 2014

2.4

John Lenyo

Good company to work for

Former Employee - Mid-management  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Mid-management in Tampa, FL

I worked at CAE USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very rigid process oriented company. Everything has defined the process and a lot of reviews and signatures required for a task. The good thing is the task is done right mostly with extra cost. Generous severance package.

Cons

Have a tough time to expend the business beyond the core business. It is hard to break-in to the culture circle if you are not in the original circle. poor communication throughout the organization.

Open minded and adapt the market changes quickly.

Great People

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at CAE USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers are awesome. Great friendly atmosphere. Benefits are amazing.

Cons

Low raises. 1-4% bell curved based on your fellow coworkers.

Appreciate the work force a little more.

Company That Strives to Promote Underachievement

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at CAE USA full-time

Pros

Benefits are decent, flex time is nice, low stress due to the lack of accountability and message that mediocrity and underachievement is more than acceptable.

Cons

Complete inability to create a coherent strategy at the top and flow it down. Company strategy seems to be to pursue everything without investing in anything, including its people. They do an excellent job keeping their turnover low by holding on to the mediocre performers and underachievers, while rewarding high achievers with nothing. No investment whatsoever in their people. Useless HR department. Many at the manager and director level seem to manipulate the numbers.

Don't tout things that in the end you don't believe in and don't support with your actions...at least be honest with the employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Was once a decent place to work

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Engineer in Tampa, FL

I worked at CAE USA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits decent, some nice people working there, Vacation time average but sick time allotted you are unable to take without getting written up. Why bother?

Cons

Micromanaged, Work to failure mentality, achievable bonus goals, HR department are useless. No work life balance at all. Annual increases are a joke 2% annually. COL is higher than that.

Hire people other than yes men to stabilize business unit and grow business again. CAE used to have a good reputation for producing great product.

Worst job I have ever held, and it is due to management.

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Altus AFB, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Altus AFB, OK

I have been working at CAE USA full-time

Pros

Good wages, good benefits, and flexible time off.

Cons

Micromanagent, not product driven, most management does not hold degrees, some managers don't even have the required security clearance.

Respect your team, push them to grow and embrace their strengths. This is one of the easiest jobs I have ever held, there is no reason to make it this hard. It should be about the product. This is a huge deal, we are training people to protect this country.

Co-op positions are perfect for college students

Current Employee - Student Co-Op  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Student Co-Op in Tampa, FL

I have been working at CAE USA as an intern for less than a year

Pros

When big tests loom on the horizon I have never been denied time off to study or complete other school-centered tasks (on day one I was told that school always comes first). I am given enough hours to pay my bills, but my schedule is more than flexible enough to maintain full time student status.

I am treated like an asset on a daily basis, even when I make mistakes.

I am not in the Engineering department, but multiple software engineers have entertained my inquires concerning their day-to-day activities (software is a field I am interested in).

Cons

Just for the sake of listing a con, I was unclear concerning what my actual job responsibilities would be. On day one I had no idea what kind of work to expect (it wasn't difficult and I caught on quickly).

Keep providing these fantastic opportunities to college students who need to pay their bills with a schedule that changes semester to semester.

I wish everyone wouldn't be so phony!

Current Employee - Manager  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at CAE USA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits are great, People in general are great! Salary is good and training is available. Helps you grow in knowledge and experience.

Cons

Everyone needs to play nice in the sandbox. I feel like I am in elementary school all over again with some employees who want total control and will do anything to anyone to get it. Always focused on cost cutting so you never know when your time is up.

You need to figure out what you are doing. You state your mission but it seems everything is driven by bottom line.Pay attention to what your employees are telling you. Read between the lines. You have many long term employees with their own agendas rather than the company's best interests. Stop the we/them attitude with Canada. Get some fresh HR leaders with new and innovative ideas. Get rid of the good ole boy mentality. Show employees that they are valued. Stop overworking them only to show them the door. Hire people that are professional and show integrity. Train your management to work in today's society and not back 30 years. Be consistent. Apply the same rules to everyone but iimprove the work/life balance but explore ways to maximize your employee's productivity. Treat them like the professionals they are.

Enjoy Being MICROMANAGED? Altus KC135 ATS Location

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Altus AFB, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Altus AFB, OK

I have been working at CAE USA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Union wages, CBA benefits, vacation and sick leave time.

Cons

Moral was low and management refuses to listen to employee concerns. Most managers do not have the education and lack the skills necessary to manage. Egotistical, uncaring, and micromanagement is the norm at the ATS. The lack of communication at this company is amazing. Management doesn't share any information. It is like pulling teeth to get the resources and knowledge you need to deliver their programs.

(1) Retrain all management personnel and conduct serious follow-ups to the training. Ensure they have the COLLEGE TRAINING necessary!
    (2) Listen to your non-management personnel. They know what is going on.
    (3) Redo performance evaluations process to make it more meaningful to the employees.
    (4) Clean up your act! Effectively communicate and empower the professional employees that you hired to do what they have been trained to do! Teach your managers how to manage people!

Horrible place to work

I worked at CAE USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Was a good place to work. Healthy place to work, had good benefits

Cons

Overworked under paid, Workload unreasonable. Those that produce are expected to cover for those that don't. High turn over rate Specially in the IT dept. Spent more than 10 yrs at the company. Management stance is to purge long time employees and hire interns for low pay. Management is horrible.
      A lot of unethical practices there. Communication is non existant

Get rid of the good old boy staff and hire people that are professional and have some integrity

Once a leader in simulation innovation. Sad watching a once great company go the way of GATEWAY Inc. Google it!

Current Employee - Lead Chump  in  Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Lead Chump in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at CAE USA part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pro: Working here will increase your spiritual connection.

Pro: You will also have excellent non-examples of management to look back at and laugh with your friends and family.

Pro: You will eventually join an ever growing cadre of ex-employees from the USA. Much like a club, really :)

Pro: Become Canadian, you may last longer at the company (or perhaps not), if it is still around in a couple years.

Cons

Con: Walking is difficult while constantly looking over your shoulder for the hatchetmen in HR... You have a tendency of walking into folks, poles, signs etc.

Hey guys, Great Job! When your done firing everyone or making them so miserable they leave, turn off the lights and fire yourselves!

Worked for CAE USA? Contribute to the Community!