CAKE Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Santi Pierini

1. CAKE has been an exceptional job choice!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at CAKE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As I was interviewing for a new role, CAKE was one of the handful of companies I was entertaining. In learning about their product, process, organization and getting to know their management team, I was most impressed with all of the above and decided to join. My gut feeling was correct! The organization is extremely collaborative and filled with extremely intelligent, passionate employees. We're roughly only five years old but you would never think it as CAKE is a well-oiled machine growing at an extremely rapid rate. I truly enjoy the individuals I work with and how I am treated here as an employee. Everyone who is here is truly happy to be here and it definitely shows. I love going to work each and every day!

Cons

Having to decide where to travel as we have an open vacation policy here!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and I appreciate how well CAKE is run!

2. Horrible company to work for

Pros

They have a good platform for Network ONLY

Cons

Bad management and direction. Lack of senior level knowledge.

Advice to Management

Don't pitch yourself as an affiliate network unless your giving the client a while label solution

The worst company to work for

Pros

culture is somewhat good, location is good

Cons

Lack of ethics and Management skills

5. Innovative, Collaborative, Rapidly Growing

Current Employee - Director of Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at CAKE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is poised for great scale, employees enjoy working together across different divisions in a collaborative manner, technology is continuously evolving to dominate the marketplace, resources readily available and continuously updated

Cons

They don't actually feed you CAKE as a new hire.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay transparent and approachable. The relationships you work to build with each employee and the way you invest in individual career development and growth is inspiring and unique in the industry.

6. Cutting edge, opportunities for growth and amazing experience

Current Employee - Senior Director, Product Engineering in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director, Product Engineering in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at CAKE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with CAKE for almost 5 years and have had a very positive experience. The company continues to remain as one of the innovative leaders in the industry. We have been providing a SAAS product to performance marketing companies for more than 5 years and are now using our experience and expertise with brands and advertisers directly. The technology is outstanding and every employee has an opportunity to shape and mold the product. I have been given several opportunities for growth and truly feel that management has invested in me. Oh, and we have an open holiday plan!!!

Cons

CAKE has not been around for 20 years servicing a mature market. Instead, we rely on feedback from customers and continue to build new functionality to service an evolving market. This may come across as a negative to you. Instead, I find this to be challenging and therefore requires every employee to remain engaged and on their toes.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in company culture. Our company is experiencing crazy growth spurts year over year and I'd love to see the start up vibe remain as we get larger.

Great company, brilliant co-workers & huge opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Director in New York, NY

I have been working at CAKE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First and foremost CAKE makes a great technology that the market needs and loves. Everyone in the company is exceedingly helpful, smart and motivated to make CAKE an even bigger success than it is. Unlike many start ups, the company's business model is extremely sound.

Cons

There are challenges, like any high growth company, but nothing unusual, and the organization makes a concerted effort to address and solves any significant challenges.

Advice to Management

Management has done a great job creating and articulating their vision for the company's growth over the next several years. My advice would be to stay ambitious, stay humble and continue to execute at a high level.

From BAAAAD to WORSE

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at CAKE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Other than the frequent travel there really aren't many Pros here

Cons

Out of touch with reality. Pricing is more than double to their competition. Former sales folks have "turned into engineers" Senior Management has hired some "real winners" The new product is NOT what it is said to be.

Advice to Management

Bring the old founder back, that was the 1st mistake. Don't worry about being the next big thing especially when the product is basically overpriced and nearly obsolete in the space. You already know this hence the new product that really is the old one with a new name. Who are you fooling?

Playing above their capabilities

I worked at CAKE full-time

Pros

based in Newport Beach. cute girls working there. built bar and beer tap. that's about it.

Cons

affiliate marketing solution. enterprise solution is not what is said to be. pricing is terribly off base. management seems to lack experience to take to the next level.

Unethical, unprofessional employer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at CAKE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Semi bleeding edge, but lacking in office equipment.

Cons

The only nice way to put it is that they were less than honest about everything. From the job description to start times in the morning it was all just a big charade.

Advice to Management

Learn how to be honest with people. Maybe go back to school and learn something about business ethics.

Rewarding Relationships ---Huge Growth Potential

Current Employee - Account Manager in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at CAKE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company Culture, Growth Potential, Earning Potential

Cons

At times the culture can be too lax. Once a month company-wide communication could be more often Not enough bathrooms.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward top talent Let the best ideas win Make it more about the business and less about personalities

RSS Feed </> Embed