CAL State East Bay

Mohammad H. Qayoumi

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Instructor

Information Technology Consultant-career (Former Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsThey have reasonable pay. (because of budget cut)
    Flexible schedules
    On-time payments

ConsCommunication problems among the departments.
    Lack of Labs &Classrooms

No accountability

Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsIf hiring manager present, job can be good

ConsNo job. Pay someone for doing nothing. No innovation by professionals. No promotion opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementTransparency. Enable employees to contribute.

Public Relations

Director of Public Relations (Current Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsCollaboration with staff, very flexible

Conslow salary, and not much guidance.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Really amazing to work with the housing

Student Assistant (Former Employee) Hayward, CA

Proseasy,
    experience counts
    meet new students

Conswhen the new students come in. work might get hectic

Advice to Senior Managementthey are great.

Wonderful atmosphere of collaboration, respect and encouragement

Physics Research Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsThe community of excellence within the physics department offers an environment that promotes best-practices and individual potential expansion. Once in the door there is active help to attain achievements.

ConsThere is limited room for promotion due to size of physics department. It is a small department within a large organization. This means great personal attention and support, but also means that there is little room at the top.

More like "Cal State Least Bay"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsThere's a small community of fellow employees who really care about the quality of education that students receive, and work together to provide such services, in the face of ludicrous budget cuts and staffing shortages. I did have my own office, which was nice, as opposed to being stuck in a cubicle.

ConsAgain... budget cuts. Lots of typical disgruntled state workers/lifers who will in no shape or form go out of their way to help anyone (staff or student). The only way you'll advance to a new position is if someone retires. The buildings and infrastructure are generally dismal.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your staff. Make the employee discounts for courses easier to attain. Acquire computers/hardware for your departments that are state of the art.

Resident Assistant at CSU East Bay Student Housing and Residence

Resident Assistant (Former Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsFun - it's really fun to work with the Housing especially if you assign in one of the newer building. It's very clean and spacious. You always work there as a team and most of the work requires a lot of collaboration. The people there are great and leaders on their own field.

Free Housing- Yes, housing cost is high. You save a lot of money by living in one of the room for free.
    Free food- it's a buffet style in the dining common. You go there for free and eat all you can. I actually lost weight while working there.
    You learn to lead, get organize and manage your time.

ConsLess time for personal leisure, very demanding work, burn out, and can negatively affect your GPA.
    Also, it's sucks when you have a lot of room mates especially if yu assign in the freshmen building though, the room is new and clean.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing. There is a recent change in leadership so I can't make an honest comment. Provide more time off for RAs.

The glass ceiling

Decline to State (Current Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsThe location is convenient. The richness and diversity of the campus is great. I love working with the students and what I do. Also, the benefits are good.

ConsIt's the state of CA. Can't remember last time we had a raise. There is a glass ceiling in the field, and an enormous gap between support services and the administration.
    People in our positions at Community Colleges make more than we do at the University, and we work year round.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to those below you. We are the ones who make you look good. Try not to have everyone sprinting at the last minute to put out fires that should have been prepared for.

Worked for CAL State East Bay? Contribute to the Community!