CAL State LA

CAL State LA President James M. Rosser

James M. Rosser

Great new President

Associate Professor (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThis place is getting better....finally, thanks to the great new president.

ConsStill a lot of work to do with the rank and file faculty and staff. There's a deeply embedded culture of mediocrity.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncentivize the innovation and efficiency. Find a way to build in accountability. As long as nobody is responsible, and the buck gets passed along, mediocrity will prevail in the ranks.

Great Experiences and Nice people

Account Payable Assistant (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsYou learned a lot and you get to know very nice people

Consthe pay was not as a good as big companies.

Great School and Amazing Political Science Program! Experience will be what you make it!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe teachers really know their field, the instructors challenge you and won't just give you a grade, and they make you walk out of every class knowing your field.

ConsThe campus is really boring unless you are active in some type of activity. Your really have to make your own college experience their an want to be involved to have a good time. Also, administration is horrible. They loose and mess up records especially around graduation. Know your program advisors are horrible also.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere really needs to be better advisors that give accurate information according to each major and also be held liable for the wrong information since their mess up can cost a student years more in school along with more tuition that was unnecessary

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

research assistant

Prosi hate academia and never want to do it again

Consi hate academia, so what?

It's good to work here, staff is also good.

ProsGood Co-workers, personal growth is much good, learned a lot new things

ConsWork load is somewhat more in few hours and less in few hours so its balanced

Unaccountable Sub par campus

Research Technician (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsSteady job, full benefits, many people get by without doing any work (oh is that a con?)

Consfringe benefits mean low pay, and a lot of incompetent leadership whose only competence was having the time and money to get a PhD.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more accountable. We know it's a politics game to all of you, and you just want to hold onto your piece of pie. But stand up for something that right for a change, understand a system before you decide to change things, give credit where credit is due.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

network associate

Network Associate (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosgood place tow ork, great ITS structure and environment

ConsOn campus duty, more work load during projects

Not the worst place to be, not the best place to be.

ProsLots of opportunities to get involved in outreach, work study, etc. Great gym, scenic campus and interesting people.

ConsDisorganized administration, math and physics buildings is disgusting or in disrepair.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome administration workers are completely unapproachable even when assigned to work with them.

My experience at CSULA built the foundation to my work ethics today.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCan go to class then go to work after or vise versa - very convenient.

ConsI Don't have anything to complain about.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust follow your assignment's instruction's carefully, do not argue with your supervisor or any staff, and get to work on time and be ready to work.

The campus has a welcoming atmosphere.

ProsYou meet so many hard working staff members.

ConsI believe the campus needs healthier restaurants.

Worked for CAL State LA? Contribute to the Community!