CAM Services Reviews

4 reviews filtered by
2.3
Jim Swindle
1 Rating

Overall, my experience working at CAM was mentally arresting.

Former Employee - Sweeper, Plow-truck Driver in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sweeper, Plow-truck Driver in Denver, CO

I worked at CAM Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Job is robotic, non-assuming, and easy to do, consisting of cleaning commercial properties with a sweeper truck, emptying trash cans, and during the winter, plowing snow.

Cons

It's a private, mom & pop shop with no personnel office leaving it to operate more on personal whims of the moment, rather than stated, published job expectations.Raises are infrequent and very minimal.

Poorly run company

I worked at CAM Services

Pros

Some nice people work there.

Cons

Clueless upper management.
    Office manager is very unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Hire an ethical, smart office manager.
    Listen to your employees. A little less arrogance will go a long way.

My nightmare at CAM

Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Culver City, CA

I worked at CAM Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most employees are young, energetic and fun to work with. The office is conveniently located across the street from the mall and close to the 405. Occasionally management treats office employees to lunch.

Cons

The office manager. People are Constantly quitting or getting fired. What does that tell you, I rest my case. Politics and backstabbing at its finniest. I feel sorry for the handful of decent people who still work there.
    If you are looking for a stable job where you will be valued. Or a company to work for well past tomorrow look elsewhere, Run.

Advice to Management

Its OK to make mistakes, Its not OK to keep making the same mistakes and not improving your weak areas. Value and respect your current employees otherwise you will continue seeing the same trend. Implement a new office environment and fix your weakest area (office manager).

My experience at CAM Services

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Culver City, CA

I have been working at CAM Services full-time

Pros

The company has employee incentive programs, health benefits, an awesome CEO, and an intelligent President. The company changed their program which makes searching for information easier to aid customer service. The company has a middle management layer that helps the customers (property managers) supervise their maintenance on their properties.

Cons

The main office is located under the 405 freeway where bums and drug addicts like to hide. The current office manager is a pain to work under, so if you are applying for an admin position, run. The same new program that was supposed to make everyone's job easier is messing up on billing and is still being worked on. The company pays their employees equal to lower than average salaries, so if you have a degree, especially a masters, negotiate high.

Advice to Management

Hire an experienced office manager with great HR and management skills and fire your current one, please, before your whole admin staff quits on you.