CAMP Systems Reviews

Ken Gray

1. good job but low pay

Current Employee - Maintenance Analyst in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Maintenance Analyst in Wichita, KS

I have been working at CAMP Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great group of employees, and managers. The office is very nice with a good location. There are many gathering out of the office.

Cons

The pay is not very good, especially if you are younger. The pay raises come once a year and are usually on par with inflation.

Advice to Management

Pay employees based on merit and work ethic.

2. No respect!

Former Employee - Web Developer in Merrimack, NH
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Merrimack, NH

I worked at CAMP Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros..…........... This company is going to fall apart. Software is out of date and it is impossible to get them to update.

Cons

Overworked and underpaid. You can work 100 hours a week and management would never compensate you for it. No respect from management; no respect from fellow co-workers.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horse and care about your employees!

3. Business Analyst

I have been working at CAMP Systems full-time

Pros

Company is trying to become more open, and inventive. They are interested in modern software features and functionality.

Cons

Progress is slow. Change is hard for some people. This causes hesitation when it's time to do something differently.

Advice to Management

Just say no. The development schedule is packed full of enhancements, with no room for error. The amount of time allocated to build the feature is so brief that there is not sufficient time to build anything of value.

5. Fellow employees are great people, but the company needs more change

Current Employee - Software Developer in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at CAMP Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CTO came on board maybe eight months ago, and the big change he brought with him is Agile Scrum. And I like the effect it's having. The work is heading in the right direction. And I should mention that the people I work with are all good smart people who want to work in a good place too. The company and its employees have a lot of potential.

Cons

Of course there are a number of downsides too. The biggest problem is the product you have to work on as a developer. There is still essential code in the product from 17 years ago. It's VB 6 and Classic ASP. The application would simply not run without that code, and we keep hearing we're going to work to get rid of it, but it's not happening. On top of that, the modern portion of the code is written using ExtJS. The framework is astoundingly bad, and makes the code harder to write and maintain instead of easier like a framework is supposed to do. If you love ExtJS for some reason, then maybe shift this to the "Pro" section, but for me, it's awful. Most of the work a new developer is going to do will likely be in ExtJS.

Advice to Management

The product code base needs to be re-written badly. This should have a much higher priority than it is given. We're writing new code using a terrible framework (ExtJS) with very little architecture work, and one of the big thrusts has been a push for not adding technical debt. We need to stop adding layers to a broken foundation, and either try to fix the house, or re-build a new one. I like very much that you seem to be trying to move things in a good direction with the work environment and culture, but enjoying the work we do is a very important piece of that, and we need to use better coding technologies to make working in the application enjoyable.

"management"

I have been working at CAMP Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the rank-and-file, down-in-the-trenches staff are lovely people and work really hard, but...

Cons

...upper management is completely clueless and treats employees like interchangeable parts. It's amazing that in a specialized industry like aviation, they prioritize hiring "cheap developers" over people that understand the industry.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves. Seriously. Most of upper management needs to be replaced. If you hire someone because of their skills and knowledge, DON'T MICROMANAGE THEM. So many promising ideas are crushed that you don't even have a clue what you're missing out on.

7. Overall Good Company

Current Employee - Anonymous in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at CAMP Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly Environment, people go above and beyond to help out through the learning curve.
    Hard working culture but they put a great emphasis on work/life balance.
    Fully stocked pantry with variety of snacks.
    Holiday parties, Team Lunches, Fun Outings.

Cons

Cannot think of major cons..Keep up the good work!!!

Advice to Management

No big negative comments but we do need better training programs.

Titles are meaningless at camp

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at CAMP Systems

Pros

There were very few pros to working for Camp. Benefit package was ok. Bonus for most employees was equal to 1 weeks pay yet managers seem to take home the big bucks

Cons

No opportunity to advance with this company. Management is the worst I have ever dealt with having worked in IT for over 18 years. CFO and upper management take far to many risks with client data in the name of saving a buck. There is a conflict of interests between some key upper management individuals whom own off shore components of this operation. There is poor communications between branch offices. Management thinks that there are individuals in the company whom make waves by talking bad about the company however in reality they simply need to address the issues with middle management. Had to scratch my head a few times and ask how the heck some of these people ever made it to a management position without the skill sets to be a manager. Stop gap company at best while you find a real job. I think its shameful that for every negative post on glass door management has instructed a current employee to post a positive review to negate the rating.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to take a much closer look at what is going on in middle management. Stop faulting the staff whom produce excellent work day after day and look at the issues with middle management whom have high turnover in staff .

Good company that's rapidly company

I worked at CAMP Systems

Pros

Flexible Hours
    Warm and friendly culture
    Rapid expansion

Cons

Work and life balance can be tricky

Worst Company in the world

Current Employee - Oracle Database Administrator in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Oracle Database Administrator in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at CAMP Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People here don't know anything about technology so you can fool around without working and work in technology even you don't know anything on technology.

Cons

Work culture
    No professional work environment
    Very less salary for the number of hours you spend at work
    Management demands to work 24/7
    Employee treatment
    Management attitude toward the employees

Advice to Management

When I joined I was told the previous database administrator worked like a slave and he was humiliated and fired for the hard work and it didn't made sense at that time and cannot imagine any company can do like that and now after few months with this company I realize it could be true. Hard working people are humiliated and ill treated in this company and one who survive is the one who knows how to flatter the management in an obsequious manner and support all their ridiculous ideas. Less salary per hour compared to the number of hours you put in. I am running away from this company.

11. Very strong and growing company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at CAMP Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly culture and entrepreneurial environment. New ideas are encouraged and employees are given the flexibility to act on them.

Cons

Multiple office locations sometimes makes coordinating with other employees difficult.

RSS Feed </> Embed