CAMP Systems Reviews

1. Overall Good Company

Current Employee - Anonymous in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at CAMP Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly Environment, people go above and beyond to help out through the learning curve.
    Hard working culture but they put a great emphasis on work/life balance.
    Fully stocked pantry with variety of snacks.
    Holiday parties, Team Lunches, Fun Outings.

Cons

Cannot think of major cons..Keep up the good work!!!

No big negative comments but we do need better training programs.

Good company that's rapidly company

I worked at CAMP Systems

Pros

Flexible Hours
    Warm and friendly culture
    Rapid expansion

Cons

Work and life balance can be tricky

Worst Company in the world

Current Employee - Oracle Database Administrator in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Oracle Database Administrator in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at CAMP Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

People here don't know anything about technology so you can fool around without working and work in technology even you don't know anything on technology.

Cons

Work culture
    No professional work environment
    Very less salary for the number of hours you spend at work
    Management demands to work 24/7
    Employee treatment
    Management attitude toward the employees

When I joined I was told the previous database administrator worked like a slave and he was humiliated and fired for the hard work and it didn't made sense at that time and cannot imagine any company can do like that and now after few months with this company I realize it could be true. Hard working people are humiliated and ill treated in this company and one who survive is the one who knows how to flatter the management in an obsequious manner and support all their ridiculous ideas. Less salary per hour compared to the number of hours you put in. I am running away from this company.

5. Very strong and growing company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at CAMP Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly culture and entrepreneurial environment. New ideas are encouraged and employees are given the flexibility to act on them.

Cons

Multiple office locations sometimes makes coordinating with other employees difficult.

6. Camp Systems is a great company to work for.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Ronkonkoma, NY
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Ronkonkoma, NY

I worked at CAMP Systems as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They treat their employees right. Little things go a long way Bagel Friday, Barbacuqe Lunch, Family Picinic, Christmas Party and Bonuses.

Cons

I did not come across anything.

Communication is a big thing. Treat your employees like you want to be treated

I wasn't valued as an employee / bad management

Former Employee - Web Graphics Designer in Ronkonkoma, NY
    Former Employee - Web Graphics Designer in Ronkonkoma, NY

I worked at CAMP Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Coffee machine.. Ehhh it's drinkable. Bagel Friday's. Nice vending food. Flexible hours. Company socials seem good (at least food wise). Workers work because it's a "job."

Cons

There is no level of respect. They make it seem like there is, but there isn't in the Tech Dept. I have never been treated so unfairly, and so disregarded as an employee ever in my life. Most of the time I would work on a project three weeks on and three weeks off. So that meant that for 3 weeks I'd be twiddling my thumbs not working, yet collecting a pay check. And when I'd request work, it'd be something silly like placing an icon somewhere. Mainly, my manager didn't know how to handle my kind of work. My work wasn't important enough for the customer it seemed. The director didn't know how to manage me. He just didn't value my employment.
    The programming is all choppy and messy because non-Americans are working on them. The Indian level of computer education doesn't match that of an American worker. CAMP's programs = cheap labor. And it shows.

Take some time and hire some professionals to teach the managers HOW TO BE good managers. Because you have people who are managers who SHOULDN'T BE managers.
    Also stop being greedy, managers are getting 120k bonus where "grunts" are getting 1% to 2% bonus. It's disgusting.
    The employees aren't the problem, it's bad management. We just want to work in a place, be happy and earn to live. It's already tough as it is living on Long Island, stop making it worse by depressing your workers.

It's not great, but I've worked for worse places too

Current Employee - Web Developer in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at CAMP Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Management does seem to be starting to think along the lines of what might be needed for growth. There is some potential there. The flexible hours are nice. The people I work with, including my direct managers are nice.

Cons

The pay is lower than it should be. And the amount of time I see people spending here is pretty crazy. So it seems like people are just clinging to their jobs here for fear of the job market. Also the product design is pretty awful. The code is a mess and very hard to learn because there's no documentation, and no instructive comments in the code. And the design is very poorly done so it becomes very difficult to follow a code path to the code you need in order to make a change or a fix. It's pretty brutal.

I don't know how much upper management is paid, but if the gap between upper management and the grunts is large... fix that. Stop being greedy and pay the employees more. There are a lot of hard working people here who deserve to be paid very well. Also, a ground up re-design without the tens of thousands of lines of JavaScript might be good.

Stepping stone, stop gap, avoid if possible

I worked at CAMP Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent health benefits. Decent PTO if you don't have to use it if there is a blizzard or a natural disaster- this place never closes even when major roadways are closed or a hurricane knocks out the power for a week.

Cons

Unending work and meager salary raises, very unprofessional environment, building is falling apart, lack of structure in terms of advancement. Most people would bolt at the chance to go somewhere else. High turnover and no interest to find out why.

Encourage and reward excellence. Find out where the fat lies and cut it out, it's killing the company. Offer a competitive salary and empower employees by allowing them to work remotely.

Totally disorganized and badly run company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merrimack, NH

I worked at CAMP Systems full-time

Pros

Not many.. Bagels on Friday, if that is the sort of thing you are going for. Medical benefits are decent.

Cons

Overworked and under (read "not") appreciated. CEO is too far removed and has no clue about what's going on at the grassroots level. COO has no strategy in place and makes people jump through hoops. The company is ticking away waiting for an implosion.

Employees at all levels including middle management are extremely dissatisfied. They will bolt at the first opportunity. Don't micromanage, empower people.

Very unorganized management

Current Employee - Aircraft Maintenance Analyst in Ronkonkoma, NY
    Current Employee - Aircraft Maintenance Analyst in Ronkonkoma, NY

I have been working at CAMP Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Health Benefits, Reasonable PTO time if not used for snow days

Cons

Very unorganized management(lack of structure), low pay for the amount of work and type of work performed, lack of training, HR dept helpful only on certain things which are of little significance. No opportunity for input or to grow, Suggestions from lower ranking staff taking with a grain of salt. Company will not make it once senior staff leaves high turnover rate.

Develop a better management structure and proper chain of command. Improve turnover rate, Stop only relying on senior staff that will retire in 5 years time and focus on the future of the company.