CARCO Group

Growing Company. Positive Future Ahead

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holtsville, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holtsville, NY

I have been working at CARCO Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company is experiencing growth and a lot of positive internal change. The workload may be high at times, but it is challenging and rewarding. As the company continues to grow and position themselves to be an industry leader, the opportunities for individuals to be part of and influence that change is unlimited.

Cons

As the company changes, some of the older policies and practices are still in place but I feel in time, these items will be current and offer the employees and the organization overall a huge benefit, allowing CARCO to be seen as an employer of choice.

Continue to be forward-facing, strategic and utilize your current talent to lead their areas of responsibility. Hold individuals accountable for their actions and take necessary steps to reinforce that accountability.

OPPORTUNITY

I have been working at CARCO Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is a great deal of growth going on at CARCO. I think this is a company with great opportunity. The employees are a nice group of people to work with and in my opinion, management has an open door policy. They are friendly and always willing to help.

Cons

With growth comes growing pains. You need to stick it out to see the positive end result. Employees need to put aside the negativity and work as a team. Employees feel under-appreciated and perhaps would like their opinions heard more.

Keep up with the Bagels with Bosses. It is a great opportunity for the employees to get to know you!!!

Low Salary, Lack of Communication

I have been working at CARCO Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Depending on who you work for it can be a positive experience. However it is a sexist company with the vast majority of the upper management being male and the majority of the work force female

Cons

Low pay, little room for advancement

Hire from within, stop looking to the outside to fix your problems. People who have been doing the work may actually know what they are talking about

WORST place to work for...BEWARE

I have been working at CARCO Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice bathrooms, clean. Not much else.

Cons

Jim Owens. He thinks he walks on water and treats people like crap.

Get some social skills.

The worst place I have ever worked! the worst most unprofessional person I have worked for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holtsville, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holtsville, NY

I worked at CARCO Group as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

None. Really no exaggeration!

Cons

My manager did nothing but lie! My manager was unprofessional. He told me stories of how he hates certain religions and races openly and in the office. He would could not remember what he said one day to the next. He would do the same task over and over again and then blame you for redoing the project. He would put you down to CEO and blame you for everything...He would insist that his secretary has permission to send emails with our accounts that is how he would make me or us look bad.He would make you send every document to him then make changes to make it look bad then send it out in your name.He had no knowledge of the field he was working in. He over exaggerated every small thing you said or did in the office. He lied to management about his relationships in the field and on projects. The people in the field and prospective client hated him. Never have I worked for a man who put you down so much or was so arrogant about what I do not know!

you know who I mean!

Awful, please work elsewhere you will be happier

I have been working at CARCO Group

Pros

Monday to Friday 9-5 no weekends

Cons

It's a sad environment the way certain people gets treated, the favorites will always be the favorites, Jim has no idea how to successfully do his job, bet he gets a good salary, while others who do excellent work gets under paid and taken advantage of, there are the workers who do a few cases per day and gets praised while the ones who pushes out a lot gets walked over, talk about supervisors who are biased in the department (pru), everyone is job searching and going on interviews, HR is still learning but not that knowledgeable yet, one person called the CEO a disgraceful name on Facebook along with the rudest comments and didn't even get fired while the entire office knows including management, people calling out a lot and does not get in trouble, the ones who call out once in a while gets looked upon like they committed a crime. Maybe fair change might be possible in there one day.

Hang on to the good knowledgeable employees, will benefit your company in the long run, listen and do something positive about their concerns, overview the salary will be beneficial.

Excellent opportunity with great incentives.

Current Employee - Background Research Associate
    Current Employee - Background Research Associate

I have been working at CARCO Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ability to work independently with great team lead assistance. Great incentives with unlimited overtime.

Cons

Mix communication is giving a lot and you will need your own personal fan because the ac is not the best.

Some organizational skills is needed in the communication area.

Don't work here. I only did because I needed a job.

Former Employee - Research Associate in Spring Lake, NC
    Former Employee - Research Associate in Spring Lake, NC

I worked at CARCO Group full-time

Pros

You get paid and no weekends.

Cons

Everything else. Who in the heck only pays for 37.5 hours per week?

Start over.

Small Company, Small Minded

I worked at CARCO Group

Pros

This is a family-oriented company.

Cons

This company is small minded. The owner, in his infinite wisdom as well as in his 90's, is still daily running this company. He is allowing this company to get smaller and smaller until they can no longer sustain.

D I S A P P O I N T M E N T!!!

Current Employee - Jim's Team in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Jim's Team in New York, NY

I have been working at CARCO Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

9-5 with benefits. That's it.

Cons

Supervisor is not knowledgeable about job tasks, Co-workers are quick to throw anyone and everyone under the bus to get a smidgen of attention, Horribly over worked and undervalued with little pay, Going onto 2 years and still waiting for management to release their "raise process", Double standard of treatment amongst employees, Good employees are taken advantage of while their co workers take extended breaks, 2-3 weeks off for "sinus infections", Supervisor knows nothing outside his cubicle. Ask him a question and you get the duh face. I had read these complaints prior to working here and thought it was just disgruntled people because they did not get a raise but seriously now I can say from experience......terrible place to work. Very disappointed in my Carco experience.

Get new management pronto! Employees are seeking guidance and to advance in your company.