CARCO Group

Review

Current Employee - Exempt Employee in Nowhere, OK
    Current Employee - Exempt Employee in Nowhere, OK

I have been working at CARCO Group

Pros

CARCO Group, Inc is great company... forward thinking.

Cons

There are elements of bad mid-level management present.

Direct some focus to certain mid-level managers.

FedUP!

Current Employee - Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at CARCO Group

Pros

The management are friendly ,the vacation time/ sick time is adequate

Cons

Lack of management,disorganized work flow. The management have no idea how to organize work flow. Too many people are stretched way too thin with their daily work load and management not only
    Y has no clue what each employees tasks are,they do not know how to do those tasks themselves. Employees teach fellow employees tasks to their ability so by the time it gets down to the last employee those tasks are altered. The CEO brags about how much money the company is making and thanks his team

for it but pays his employees equivalent to working at a fast food place.

Get organized! Learn what your employees do and start training new employees ! Stop making us do it. We don't get paid your salaries! And to the CEO stop bragging about how much money you are making when you won't even give us reviews or raises on time that we deserve !

Interesting Place to work

I have been working at CARCO Group

Pros

People are friendly, work can be interesting

Cons

Deadlines! Perfection! Departments don't really communicate.

Company with no morals

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holtsville, NY

I have been working at CARCO Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

None, used to work 37.5 hours however this just changed to 40 hours per week. Salaried people receive no increase in wage or any benefit to this.

Cons

There is no nepotism policy and there should be. HR brings in all its friends, that are not skilled workers or workers at all for that matter. Management avoids confrontation and does not manage anything. There is a pool of employees that the company know does not work but does nothing about it. Company also favors men. Company claims to be growing but on a hiring freeze, they don't seem to understand that if you want to grow you need to hire for anticipated growth. All management is law enforcement and no business management so the business suffers due to lack of planning and forward thinking. For a company in this industry they lack consistency and procedure.

Look at your policies and enforce them. Actually promote working employees and look at your women workforce.

Sweat Shop

Current Employee - Research Associate in Holtsville, NY
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Holtsville, NY

I have been working at CARCO Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about working for CARCO Group is you are Monday - Friday, 9-5. I would also say the commute because you can drive because it is on Long Island rather than take a train to Manhattan.

Cons

They trick you from day one! They tell you all these great things that are FALSE. You have to accrue any and all sick and vacation time (ok i get the vaca time) BUT you can't get sick for 6 months because you can't use a day so make sure you come to work with the flu and contaminate everyone else. They treat their staff like slaves in a sweat shop. The salary is comparable to sweat shop workers as you make only $1,000.00 over the limit for welfare (which I am sure is done purposely). The most unprofessional managerial staff I have EVER seen. The CEO acts like a predator and likes to boast about how smart he is, how much money he makes, and how great he thinks he is. His staff is just pee-ons and that is how we are treated. If you work for this company make sure you don't glance from your computer screen at all during your 8 hours or else you will get spoken ABOUT, but not to, about how you kid around all day and lack professionalism. AND make sure you have no personal emergency because having a life besides CARCO is not permitted. You must be at work at all times, even most holidays when the entire government is closed, even though your job requires calling legal jurisdictions all day long, or waiting for mail that you can't get because the post office is closed. Also be prepared to have managerial staff with no education and complete inconstancy. Most companies want their staff to get along, but here they don't. They play favorites more than I have ever seen any business do. Nothing but a bunch of liars and cheats. You get a 30 min lunch break and 2 15 min breaks, but you cannot combine them. You are watched and timed on every move you make. Worst place to work EVER! Don't expect a higher salary after time either, just ask the veteran employees they will tell you. No career advancement either. I don't know how this place has survived 30 years.

Start to care about your employees. Give them what they deserve. They come in EVERY DAY for 8 hours and work their butts off for pennies. What they give YOU you should be REWARDING them so maybe these reviews on here will change. STOP being greedy, stop playing favorites. If I have to wear dress pants then so should everyone. Why is it ok for someone to wear slippers everyday and look like they just rolled out of bed, but you speak to the next person because they are eating carrots at their desk. BE FAIR, FIRM, AND CONSISTENT. End of story.

Research

Current Employee - Background Research Analyzer in Holtsville, NY
    Current Employee - Background Research Analyzer in Holtsville, NY

I have been working at CARCO Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lack of Management means you can come and go.

Cons

Pay, men are always put ahead of women. Management is a joke, it's a boys club. Insurance for family is too expensive.

Promote good employees and stop HR from bringing in Friends

Low Salary, Lack of Communication

I have been working at CARCO Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Depending on who you work for it can be a positive experience. However it is a sexist company with the vast majority of the upper management being male and the majority of the work force female

Cons

Low pay, little room for advancement

Hire from within, stop looking to the outside to fix your problems. People who have been doing the work may actually know what they are talking about

Growing Company. Positive Future Ahead

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holtsville, NY

I have been working at CARCO Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company is experiencing growth and a lot of positive internal change. The workload may be high at times, but it is challenging and rewarding. As the company continues to grow and position themselves to be an industry leader, the opportunities for individuals to be part of and influence that change is unlimited.

Cons

As the company changes, some of the older policies and practices are still in place but I feel in time, these items will be current and offer the employees and the organization overall a huge benefit, allowing CARCO to be seen as an employer of choice.

Continue to be forward-facing, strategic and utilize your current talent to lead their areas of responsibility. Hold individuals accountable for their actions and take necessary steps to reinforce that accountability.

OPPORTUNITY

I have been working at CARCO Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is a great deal of growth going on at CARCO. I think this is a company with great opportunity. The employees are a nice group of people to work with and in my opinion, management has an open door policy. They are friendly and always willing to help.

Cons

With growth comes growing pains. You need to stick it out to see the positive end result. Employees need to put aside the negativity and work as a team. Employees feel under-appreciated and perhaps would like their opinions heard more.

Keep up with the Bagels with Bosses. It is a great opportunity for the employees to get to know you!!!

WORST place to work for...BEWARE

I have been working at CARCO Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice bathrooms, clean. Not much else.

Cons

Jim Owens. He thinks he walks on water and treats people like crap.

Get some social skills.