CAT Financial

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at CAT Financial

Pros

Benefits
    Growth opportunity
    Work life balance

I am very happy at CAT. It is a place that truly fosters your career. They care about their employees as much as their bottom line.

Cons

A lot of the work is done by a small amount of employees. The lazier people don't get fired, they get moved. However manager does recognize the difference and rewards those who deserve it.

It was a great place to excel your skills sets.

I worked at CAT Financial

Pros

company values, opportunities to travel abroad

Cons

location, potentially stagnant career progression

IT Team Leader in multiple IT areas (Infrastructure and Application) departments

Current Employee - IT Team Lead in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - IT Team Lead in Nashville, TN

I have been working at CAT Financial full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, nice office with gym and cafeteria. Smart people

Cons

Terrible IT Leadership, you can get in trouble for being honest, employees are scared to speak up to better the company or others.

Need to hire IT managers that are well qualified, that care about people,that have some knowledge of IT, and get bad managers help or get them out of the position before they corrupt the culture.

Awesome company

Current Employee - Title Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Title Analyst in Nashville, TN

I have been working at CAT Financial full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Outstanding benefits, great company culture, interest in developing employees, great community outreach program and lots of training opportunities

Cons

None so far. Job can be a bit unchallenging but decent pay and awesome benefits make up for that.

None so far

Cat Financial has provided an amazing experience.

Current Employee - Finance Professional in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Finance Professional in Nashville, TN

I have been working at CAT Financial full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Cat has incredible people working for it. It is truly a team environment in which there is constant support and feedback. You are expected to work hard and live the company values, but I view that as a positive thing.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about the company. Do know that you may be asked to move to increase your experience and knowledge of different parts of the company. It is not required, but often encouraged.

Keep doing what you are doing! The company is thriving, and your employees are clearly happy.

Very easy place to work

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Nashville, TN

I have been working at CAT Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Blue collar attitude, hours are light, friendly environment

Cons

seems like a high school, hard to advance as a white guy

Prevent rumors from spreading around the building

You should treat your employees better!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nash, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nash, TN

I worked at CAT Financial full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing good to mention about Caterpillar

Cons

Hours and the way management treats staff.

Good Experience

Current Employee - IS Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - IS Analyst in Nashville, TN

I have been working at CAT Financial full-time

Pros

I work within the Information Services department at Caterpillar Financial as an IS Analyst. Overall I would say there are some great teams that work within the department and some very talented people. I think it's a great place to get experience working in IT. Plus if you would like a long-term, stable employment with possibilities of "moving up" within the company, (i.e. going in to management) the company would be a good fit.

Cons

There are a lack of higher-level purely technical jobs available. The emphasis for IS employees is on pursuing leadership positions (i.e. team leads, then management eventually). This is fine for a lot of employees but it drives the people most passionate about technology away from the company.

Establish a path for those employees that are passionate about technology and want to make Caterpillar Financial a stronger competitor within the tech space. We have lost some of our most talented, younger technical people because there were no higher level technical positions available. Allow our talented technical people to reach their potential.

Also I don't like the philosophy of "buy first, figure it out later" when the business needs new services from the IS department. We should consider more in-house development where possible (i.e. VMT - a great success). Otherwise we are at the mercy of more and more software vendors, where we end up having to do development work anyway to integrate them with our systems.

Rotation

Former Employee - Rotation in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Rotation in Nashville, TN

I worked at CAT Financial full-time

Pros

Amazing facility, work life balance and slow, easy pace in the office with a lot of "lifers"

Cons

Intensely slow career progression. Patience will be the most valuable skill from this company in the first 7 years of your career. Great company for collecting a pay check. Terrible company to use your potential.

Please expose the foundation employees to more of the business - one year is plenty to establish a "foundation" in the traditional roles new hires get placed in. Everyone that has left has truly left from mental stagnation, regardless of what is said at the exit interview - and please use an outside source to conduct the exit interview if truthful answers is what the company values.

An excellent place to learn and grow.

I worked at CAT Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Outstanding group of high energy, intelligent individuals with a passion to do the right thing. Excellent opportunity to gain international business exposure.

Cons

Depending on your interests, it might be difficult to advance in certain departments. If you enjoy credit analysis then no problem; however, advancing in the more specialized areas of finance requires more networking.

Make sure that you develop career paths for all areas of the organization.