CBI Rehabilitation Services

Updated August 12, 2014
2.7

CEO

Ok

I have been working at CBI Rehabilitation Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

A good company in Houston

Cons

Too far from residential areas

Great co-workers, poor management.

I worked at CBI Rehabilitation Services

Pros

The people you work with will be what keep you sane, and working with clients will be hard but satisfying. You will come out of your position with more patience and compassion for disabled individuals than you thought possible.

Cons

There is no balance between work and your personal life. Upper management expect staff to work days, evenings and weekends with very low pay ($9-10/hour) and without proper training to deal with scenarios (large individuals with aggression issues, having to take people to emergency services for harming others, etc).

There is also a very high turnover rate and zero transparency within the company in general. In my time at CBI, I went through three supervisors and was never told about management changes until the day they were happening, even when they would affect me directly. It became increasingly difficult to do my job properly with all the red tape and bureaucratic nonsense happening behind the scenes.

Listen to your people on the forefront. They know what's actually going on with staff and clients. Have some empathy for them and realize they give a lot and don't expect much in return. Positive feedback and keeping their best interests in mind will already help staff attitudes towards management.

Bad Management and Scheduling

Current Employee - Behavioral Aide  in  Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Behavioral Aide in Lansing, MI

I have been working at CBI Rehabilitation Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

This job is good for experience.
    Pay is OK.
    Holiday bonuses (sometimes)

Cons

Started working here because I was recommend by a friend; however, I am looking for another job.
    Scheduling is a nightmare at times, as you will get called on days you even put at unavailable (aka school). Then when you ask to pick up a shift, you are told the people who usually pick up shifts will get it first if they want (favoritism).
    Management micromanages to the point of crossing lines.

Stop micromanaging. Provide extra help where needed (such as scheduling).

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Starting Job

Current Employee - Behavioral Aid  in  Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Behavioral Aid in Lansing, MI

Pros

Very flexible with hours, easy to move up in the company

Cons

Even when promoted, the pay doesn't go up much. Understaffed, so some shifts are extremely long

Worked for CBI Rehabilitation Services? Contribute to the Community!