CBIZ

What an Opportunity!

Current Employee - Tax Associate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Tax Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at CBIZ full-time

Pros

The office vibe is great. You get a nice small office feel, with the nation-wide resources of a big company. All of the associates look to help each other and make the work experience that much better for everybody. Great work/life balance. Very flexible with schedules as long as you get quality work done. I've had great development training with managers and overall couldn't be happier with where I am beginning my career

Cons

There is some inconsistent top-to-bottom communication from the senior managers down to the associates, this has led to some stressful situations because we appeared to be pretty unorganized at times.

We just need to develop a better system of communication, and better planning for the busier times of the year. Both of which I have already started to see improvement.

Review

I worked at CBIZ full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great interaction with management, good working environment

Cons

Work/life balance varied with the inconsistent hours

CBIZ has a great wor/life balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CBIZ full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work/ Life Balance. great benefits and training programs. Tuition asssistance

Cons

full transparency. Pay needs ot be a little more competitive

Working for CBIZ was like looking at car wreck on the highway

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leawood, KS

I worked at CBIZ full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pretty good benefits but thats about it. I really can't think of anything else that is a pro....maybe that it's a large financially stable company.

Cons

No leadership or direction from senior management. You are on an island by yourself....sink or swim. There is no training or follow through on anything from management. Plan to spend the majority of your waking hours at your job. A lot of back stabbing and people are quick to throw you under the bus to save face.

Try new management style. Don't discount employees and their needs for tools to be successful.

The company should be renamed "DRAMABIZ"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Fairlawn, OH
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Fairlawn, OH

I worked at CBIZ full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The benefits weren't the best but they were'nt the worst either.

Cons

Lack of competent management. Partners play favorites among Senior Managers. It was a very cliquish type of place to work. There was a lot of drama within the office that had been going on for years yet HR, and Management did nothing to fix it. It's acceptable for Senior Managers to curse at Staff-level employees and nothing is done about it. HR is TERRIBLE! I complained to HR about an abusive Senior manager and as a result the HR representative warned the Senior Manager about my complaint, and I was retaliated against. Steer clear of starting your career at this place. It is not worth the drama. The pay was low as well.

Learn to treat your employees with respect and foster an environment of inclusiveness.

Easily the best company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Field Service in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Field Service in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at CBIZ full-time

Pros

It's a very positive environment overall. The sense is that the company actually needs you, the employee, and they don't want to waste time training someone just to replace them in a few weeks or months. Everyone is interested in helping everyone else succeed and the criticism that you receive is almost always constructive. When management does correct you, it's because you are doing something wrong and they want to give you an opportunity to fix it rather than to simply punish you for the sake of punishing you.

Management is very responsive to concerns and very open to communication from employees.

Cons

The biggest drawback is that working in the field (away from HQ) is something of a terminal position. The only way to move up in the company is to relocate to one of the HQ locations which isn't always possible. That, coupled with a standard annual review and increase process which maxes out around 5% for top performers can lead to a feeling of being stuck.

Mitigate the "dead end" feeling by giving larger salary increases to long term employees (5+ years). Even a one time "loyalty" increase every 5 years in addition to the standard annual increase would help in this regard. Otherwise, keep up the good work!

Easy going environment, with a lack of management.

Current Employee - Pension Analyst in Cumberland, MD
    Current Employee - Pension Analyst in Cumberland, MD

I have been working at CBIZ full-time

Pros

Fellow co-workers are nice and fun. Work hours are flexible. My department is all about having a family and a life outside of the office.

Cons

The pay is not with the industry. Their is no growth with the company. Managment does not handle issues when they arrive. The worst thing by far is the training. There is virtually no training. They expect you to know what to do, and they do not want to give you clients and work. They rather have you sit and look busy, then to actually have something to do.

Train and invest in your good employees, or they will leave.

All things considered it was a good experience that forced me to stretch outside my comfort zone.

I have been working at CBIZ full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule when needed; great people; great clients; plenty of PTO.

Cons

Lack of appreciation; long hours & weekends; no such thing as a day off; stress & pressure. Work life balance is not possible.

Best company I've ever worked for!

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at CBIZ full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Amazing culture
    -Tremendous leadership (entire exec team is friendly and approachable)
    -Great pay and benefits
    -Lots of room for growth and promotions
    -Tons of recognition given to high performers

Cons

-Castlight could do a better job of engaging remote employees
    -Could spend more time/effort during onboarding process

Keep doing what you're doing to sustain the culture and values that are the foundation of this company.

Great Place, Great People... NOT!

I worked at CBIZ full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers at the mid to lower levels.

Cons

Leadership does not care about the people. This organization is a chaotic mess with serious lack of leadership. Heavy politics and each office has their own set of rules. No consistency.

Benefits are not competitive with the market trends.

Treat people with the dignity and respect they deserve. Bullying people to work long hours, fear for their job, top executives insulting employees to their face in front of peers and back stabbing one another is not a productive or healthy environment.

CBIZ Photos

CBIZ Women's Advantage celebrates the uniqueness of the woman business professional!
office