CBIZ Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
CBIZ Chairman and CEO Steven L. Gerard
Steven L. Gerard

Pros
  • The work-life balance is very good because there aren't a large number of deadlines (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance varied with the inconsistent hours (in 6 reviews)

• There is no training or follow through on anything from management (in 3 reviews)

1. My overall experience at CBIZ has been a positive one.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at CBIZ full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule.
    Can get up to 4 weeks vacation plus extra 5 days at 10th anniversary. Also earn .5 of sick time each month.
    Good insurance ( can only speak for single person since not married and no kids).
    401k - get 50% match up to 6% of salary
    Can get commissions for referrals and new business. Doesn't happen all the time but is available.

Cons

Busy during thanksgiving and Christmas so don't have as much time to enjoy them.

Advice to Management

Recognize and reward extra effort more when you see it. Find a way to spread the commissions amongst people because everyone has a hand in the work and it's not 100% just for the person who happened to be the one who answered the phone call for the new client.

So-so

Former Employee - Product Solutions Analyst
    Former Employee - Product Solutions Analyst

I worked at CBIZ (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, growth opportunity, hours, consistent annual reviews. Maple Grove office was wonderful to work at.

Cons

Poor communication and seemingly non existent work flows within ancillary products in Roanoke. An example would be when a company name change occurs in HR product no other departments are notified that may be effected by it. Little follow through to ensure work was done properly. Work not evenly distributed across departments causing bottlenecks.

Advice to Management

Don't take managers/leads word for things and examine their work flows in Roanoke especially with HR product. Encourage collaboration in between departments. I experienced a willingness within my location to reach out to other departments to solve clients needs but was not reciprocated generally in Roanoke.

3. CBIZ

I have been working at CBIZ full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits - that's it.

Cons

Disorganized; very poor training; salary not commensurate with experience for the people who actually do the work; back - stabbing by co workers and management; changing positions and methods constantly; like to fire employees. Avoid this place!

Advice to Management

Realize that your employees are your life blood and treat them with respect, not pawns on a corporate chessboard.

5. CBIZ intern

I have been working at CBIZ full-time

Pros

The company culture is really great. Everyone is very nice and it is a great working environment. The value hard workers and reward the ones that do so.

Cons

The pay not be that great when you start off. Sometimes the work can get a little overwhelming but they do pay over time.

Advice to Management

I have never interacted with upper management but I haven't heard anything bad about them. My limited time at CBIZ is preventing me from giving a good, solid review on management.

6. Tax associate

I have been working at CBIZ (More than a year)

Pros

A few nice people and good benefits.

Cons

One bad apple in the office ruined it for everyone else. Not much on the job training. The associates within the tax department were not very friendly.

Advice to Management

Promote an environment of inclusiveness.

Interesting experiment

I worked at CBIZ full-time

Pros

The salary and environment was friendly

Cons

the expectations across business units was universal not specific to the industry

8. Worked at this company for 2 years

Former Employee - Junior Broker in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Junior Broker in Chicago, IL

I worked at CBIZ

Pros

It was a really good environment to work in. All of the people were really friendly and cooperated well. I would recommend this company to a friend.

Cons

The office was not organized at times and it would be difficult to find certain paperwork. Would ask questions and never get a definite response

Advice to Management

Get your stuff together and train the employees better

Horrible...

I worked at CBIZ

Pros

Individual employee benefit consultants want to do the right thing by their clients.

Cons

Deplorable management in local offices. Collusion between HR and management allows for a climate of unprofessional behavior to thrive.

Awesome place and great culture! - especially in NYC!

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at CBIZ full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I get to work with the smartest professionals, both locally and nationally. The exemplifies teamwork, professionalism and an entrepreneur spirit. The firm also offers outstanding national training and resources.

Cons

All I can think of is implementing a national staffing program to further streamline staffing needs.

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum and great work! I am so proud to be part of this amazing organization and culture.

Poor firm with an operational structure that does not foster growth; avoid if you can.

I have been working at CBIZ full-time

Pros

Flexible work hours during non-peak seasons, partners have an open door policy, competitive salaries with midsize firms (although it wants to be considered a bigger player in the industry).

Cons

By far the major factor that turns current employees and former employees sour is the office culture. Many people operate in a clique. If you are included in that clique, you receive preference on engagements, receive vanilla positive evaluations, and are allowed to participate in the planning of all firm functions. If you are not part of the clique? You will be subjected to non-responsive cold stares to jovial greetings and will face a much harder path to management.

The management level is lacking in quality talent. Most of the managers are not technically sound enough to provide clients with the services MHM offers.

The staff level is grossly understaffed.

By having a strategic alliance with CBIZ and by obtaining growth through acquisitions, the shareholders of MHM, the attest practice, have hardly any incentive to grow the business. This has led to partners that are either incapable of selling firm services and/or lacking the desire to do so.

The firm is not committed to being a leader in technology. I believe this will leave the firm behind the rest of the competition in the long run.

I will be leaving the firm after busy season. If you are considering this firm, I would suggest reading the other recent reviews of this company.

Advice to Management

Clean up your staff room and facilitate an environment where everyone is welcome.
    Replace partners who received pay days by selling their business to CBIZ with younger and hungrier replacements.
    Be committed to technologies that will allow for efficiency and greater synergy.

RSS Feed </> Embed