CBL & Associates Properties

Be The First To
Add Photos

Charles B. Lebovitz

Good money--disrespectful management.

Leasing Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at CBL & Associates Properties full-time for more than 3 years

Prosnice office, good standard of living in Chattanooga, rewarded for results.

ConsManagement is run like a frat, and they like to publicly humiliate employees that make mistakes.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the "monkey". Someone's gonna sue you eventually...you are lucky it wasn't me.

My experience has been good but strained as the job is not what I enterviewed for - deceived.

Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at CBL & Associates Properties full-time for more than 8 years

ProsCBL is a family owned business and has a family philosophy. Employees work hard but family life is respected and time with family is honored in my department.

ConsNot very flexible on schedules for most part and old fashioned ideas about dress code..no denim even on casual days. In reference to technology, somewhat behind...still using Lotus Notes. Some departments lack the manpower needed and employees are exploited.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder to keep up with technology. Those who deceived will be deceived.

No title

I have been working at CBL & Associates Properties full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCBL & Associates has been in business for over 35 years. Established. Anticipate another 35 years.

ConsFamily run business. Senior Management still a Boys Club with old school ideas. Personnel issues not dealt with in a timely manner. Too much work, not enough employees.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

A great company with great leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at CBL & Associates Properties full-time for more than 8 years

Pros- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- Personable and reasonable leadership
- More casual and friendly than some corporate environments
- My supervisors went beyond being bosses, and took the time to be mentors and friends

Cons- No true cons. Every workplace will have it's little nuances, depending on your personality and needs, and the same holds true here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

management review

I have been working at CBL & Associates Properties

ProsReconizible name within the community and us

ConsDisconnected upper management
Improper communication methods from upper management…aka temper tantrums
A public company ran like a private family owned company….can you say family partiality??

Advice to Senior ManagementFraternizing in the past has not paid off. You might consider not continuing it in the future.

Nepotism Reigns

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at CBL & Associates Properties

ProsLarge publicly traded company. National presence. Large portfolio>

ConsCompany run by one family. Key positions held by family members despite not being qualified. Family members are grossly over compensated. Worst benefits package imaginable. Employees are not valued for their input. Very patriarchal. Need to kiss butt if you want to survive.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoesn't matter. They would not listen. But here goes anyways...value your employees, discover their talents and let them add value based on their strengths. Management needs to be broom swept out the door. Hire and promote and compensate based on value creation and not family name. Try treating employees with respect.

No respect

Assistant General Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at CBL & Associates Properties

ProsThey have a great conference once a year for the Assistant General Managers, but other than that the communication within the company is terrible.

ConsThere is no room for growth in the company. There is a lot of pressure to perform in your role, but the support is not there from upper management. Raises have not been given in over 4 years and commissions have been cut in half for 4 years.

Lack of growth, recognition, and respect for employees other than upper management

I have been working at CBL & Associates Properties

ProsGood direct team members, numerous responsibilities forces you to learn and grow individually

ConsLarge, publicly traded corporation still run by a small family and few decision makers. Top-down culture, very slow dinosaur-like growth & initiatives. Refuse to spend money and compensate employees accordingly.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some recognition for your hard-working employees and offer even a small piece of the pie. When the company succeeds, so should your employees. Share the love so people stick around. Talk WITH them not AT them. Avoid scare tactics.

Worked for CBL & Associates Properties? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CBL & Associates Properties reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CBL & Associates Properties CEO Charles B. Lebovitz. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by CBL & Associates Properties employees.