CBL & Associates Properties

Charles B. Lebovitz

A Good Group of People Going Nowhere

Current Employee - Marketing Lead in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Marketing Lead in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at CBL & Associates Properties full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people overall with an upbeat atmosphere. People wanted to to the right ting

Cons

Poor management from above. Very closed for anyone outside the top cliche

Listen to your people.

When it's good, it's all good, but when it's bad-look out!

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager

I have been working at CBL & Associates Properties full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They are a very family oriented company. They have great relationships within the company. I feel like I have been compensated very generously.

Cons

They focus too much on ROI! They need to extinguish the realtionship with ERMC that is slowly sucking the life out of our properties. Everyone rushes to make everything look pretty when we have a property review when in reality the property has their hands locked and not able to do what it takes to make the property look nice and run smoothly through out the year. Some regionals seldom visit properties and dont offer the help that we need. U feel like you are own your own! They promote people to higher positions that people in the field know of significant wrongs they have made yet go unnoticed. It's like if you click with them, your automatically in! There has been times, us in the field has sat begging for help and would get no emails, no nothing back-we would start working with each other because of no responses, yet this person got promoted?? I've seen too many times, regionals start with a project only for it to get dropped by the waist side!

Review top management and make a change! Their needs to be more input from outsiders instead of the same key ones that does not bring in a freshness or new prospective to what management should be.

No more for growth and you are their slaves.

I worked at CBL & Associates Properties

Pros

Professional environment only in dress code, great health benefits, reasonable pay

Cons

Gossip environment, working OT with no compensation, highly stressful, no room for growth, not a friendly environment, Lebovitz arrogant

Stop thinking that you're God and be part of the working environment with your employees instead of dividing them with a wall. Arrogance and gossip, high school. No room for growth.

Children at the helm. Literally.

I worked at CBL & Associates Properties full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are ok. Company appears to be financially sound.

Cons

Top down culture. Input from the field is not solicited. Bullies abound. Company is strictly driven by Return on Investment. Work environment stessful.

Get rid of the bad eggs at Corporate and in the field. CBL knows who they are! Life is too short to work with a-holes. A complete culture change is needed. Currently, the top three priorities at CBL are: 1. ROI ; 2. ROI ; 3. ROI. Employees, ethics, and customers are a bit further down on the list. Can you say acquisition?

Good money--disrespectful management.

Former Employee - Leasing Manager
    Former Employee - Leasing Manager

I worked at CBL & Associates Properties full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

nice office, good standard of living in Chattanooga, rewarded for results.

Cons

Management is run like a frat, and they like to publicly humiliate employees that make mistakes.

Get rid of the "monkey". Someone's gonna sue you eventually...you are lucky it wasn't me.

My experience has been good but strained as the job is not what I enterviewed for - deceived.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at CBL & Associates Properties full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

CBL is a family owned business and has a family philosophy. Employees work hard but family life is respected and time with family is honored in my department.

Cons

Not very flexible on schedules for most part and old fashioned ideas about dress code..no denim even on casual days. In reference to technology, somewhat behind...still using Lotus Notes. Some departments lack the manpower needed and employees are exploited.

Work harder to keep up with technology. Those who deceived will be deceived.

No title

I have been working at CBL & Associates Properties full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

CBL & Associates has been in business for over 35 years. Established. Anticipate another 35 years.

Cons

Family run business. Senior Management still a Boys Club with old school ideas. Personnel issues not dealt with in a timely manner. Too much work, not enough employees.

A great company with great leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at CBL & Associates Properties full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

- Opportunities for advancement and growth
    - Personable and reasonable leadership
    - More casual and friendly than some corporate environments
    - My supervisors went beyond being bosses, and took the time to be mentors and friends

Cons

- No true cons. Every workplace will have it's little nuances, depending on your personality and needs, and the same holds true here.

Keep up the good work.

management review

I have been working at CBL & Associates Properties

Pros

Reconizible name within the community and us

Cons

Disconnected upper management
    Improper communication methods from upper management…aka temper tantrums
    A public company ran like a private family owned company….can you say family partiality??

Fraternizing in the past has not paid off. You might consider not continuing it in the future.

Nepotism Reigns

Former Employee - Manager in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Manager in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at CBL & Associates Properties

Pros

Large publicly traded company. National presence. Large portfolio>

Cons

Company run by one family. Key positions held by family members despite not being qualified. Family members are grossly over compensated. Worst benefits package imaginable. Employees are not valued for their input. Very patriarchal. Need to kiss butt if you want to survive.

Doesn't matter. They would not listen. But here goes anyways...value your employees, discover their talents and let them add value based on their strengths. Management needs to be broom swept out the door. Hire and promote and compensate based on value creation and not family name. Try treating employees with respect.