CBRE

CBRE Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

CBRE President & CEO Robert E. Sulentic

Robert E. Sulentic

Pros
  • There is no work-life balance and they always try to low-ball when you get hired(in 23 reviews)

• Best in business for commercial real estate(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance not always honored due to competitiveness within the company(in 14 reviews)

• May just focus on upper management development rather than the lower ranks(in 18 reviews)

Global goals should = local results.

Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsStrong group of professionals, great sets of procedures available for you to follow, work life balance is encouraged. No micromanagement, you are allowed to perform to the beat of your abilities.

ConsAll needed Information is available, just difficult to find quickly or efficiently. IT support is hit or miss. Procedures are set in place to try and minimize the negative effect of poor managers, instead of eliminating poor mangers and enabling skilled managers. Salary is adequate but not enough to secure best talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork though IT call center seek highest performers and pay them to stay. Eliminate mediocrity, acceptable or ok performance should be encouraged out of the firm. Seek to set the highest standard not be standard...

CBRE is the best Company to work for in Southern California.

Regional Senior Construction Project Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsAll the projects that CBRE gets are first rated, the compensation they provided is great.

ConsThe time off policies are sometimes hard if you work with a client and there is NO one to take your place while you are on vacations.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is very hard to apply to the web site.

8 Years of experience

ProsGreat Platform, opportunity to learn from the best

ConsTerrible management and lack of communication and empowerment to employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Do not feel appreciated as a fellow employee....

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsCBRE remote program....Community involvement initiatives. ...

ConsIf allowed, no work life balance....Field teams (fellow CBRE employees are demanding, disrespectful, and don't want to do their job lack of adequate IT support...

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace some emphasis on acquiring and retaining top talent.....in the long run, you will have spent more because of the high turnover...

awesome

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat people great opportunities awesome

Consmanageable but steep working code

Advice to Senior Managementgood

Good experience except low pay

Office Leasing Executive (Current Employee) Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

ProsMy colleagues (from other departments) are my main reason for staying. Besides this, there isn't much job promotion.

ConsNo support from the management and HR Department to the employees. No development opportunities and no visionary thinking. No incentive and appreciation given to employees for the effort.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen more doors and appreciate the employees more.

The best national real estate company with good reason.

Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsA structured and organized real estate organization filled with highly professional individuals. Those who can't produce will not flourish here.

ConsSome may view this as a con - internal training takes a little time at this organization. It pays large dividends long-term.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management is very highly structured. If you are at team player and well qualified you can succeed in this highly organized environment. It has been my experience that Senior Management is willing to become involved and offer support as much as needed.

Great experience in an established, corporate atmosphere.

Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsThe culture will depend on the team you're working with. In general, it's a pretty laid back but professional environment. There are a lot of holidays per a banking schedule. Easy work life balance.

ConsThe environment is very clique oriented. If you're in a marketing position, it's great for new graduates but not a lot of room for growth unless you get on the corporate team. A lot of blatant favoritism, based on if you're in the good ol' boys club. Promotions seem to be based on personal standing more than your work.

Just OK

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsMostly good people, I'm lucky to have good managers.

ConsSalary and benefits are lacking, especially compared to how often they boast about being profitable. Have more flexible working options. Going into an office everyday to "show face" is no longer necessary, we can work from anywhere. Technology is severely lacking. Systems are often down and slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more to get more.

Good company to work for

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGood employee benefits and vacation

ConsHarder for people in entry level positions to advance. Most leaders are recruited as managers and executives from competing firms.

Advice to Senior ManagementOperations management should pay more attention to cultivating an engaging work environment

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!