CBRE

CBRE Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

CBRE President & CEO Robert E. Sulentic

Robert E. Sulentic

Pros:
  • "There is no work-life balance and they always try to low-ball when you get hired"
    in 20 reviews
  • "Best in business for commercial real estate"
    in 16 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-life balance not always honored due to competitiveness within the company"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Upper management says how great they are when it is not always true"
    in 18 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Company to Work for

Managing Director (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsVery progressive, work-life balance, values are strong

ConsNeed to add additonal marketing support

Project Coordinator

Project Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Brea, CA

ProsGood advancement oportunities and training

ConsMore training would be better

Great company with professional atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with professionals in the top company in the industry. Not necessary to explain who your company is to potential clients. Any information you need is at your finger tips and most companies use information from this company. Plenty of staff to help so you can focus on your business.

ConsAlthough the company's learning program is considered the best, the reality is that it is far from it. Not everything can be taught from a computer. The company's brand is so well known that most of the older brokers rarely have to pick up a phone to get business. They then have a hard time teaching the younger brokers because it has been so long since they last cold called.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun if you don't like money

Real Estate Accountant (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat people, relatively unstressful work. I've seen other people say that the company is very political and supervisors play favorites, but I don't see that. Maybe I'm just on a good controller team. Getting to work at home two days a week is nice too.

ConsThe pay flat out sucks. I'm making approximately 70% of the market rate. If I didn't have to have a second job, I would be more proactive about looking for something else. But the company loses a ton of good people - and will lose me - due to the crap pay. Even controllers full well admit this. Uneven workloads are a problem, too. Sometimes you have to get there at 6am, sometimes you spend half the day going down the Wikipedia rabbit hole.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe lose clients because we can't retain talented people because you won't pay us what we're worth. Stop sending emails about Big Wins if none of that winning gets passed on down.

CBRE rating

Maintenance Technician (Current Employee)
    Queens Village, NY

ProsGood job to work at when full time (benefits)

ConsPay, bosses are funny towards a certain ppl

Very professional

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
    Irwindale, CA

Pros-good environment to work at
    -plenty of room for growth
    -there are advancements
    -good people and very professional
    -very kind people and helpful

Cons-plenty of work load
    -can be stressed due to client's contracts and dilemas
    -some upper managements are not very nice
    -they can be rude at time due to stress level when there are deadlines

Good place to start your career out of college

Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Bloomington, MN

ProsLow pay comparing to other companies

Conslow pay and lot of work load

Advice to Senior Managementincrease pay and try to decrease the turnover ratio

Great People, Management is lacking

Researcher (Former Employee)

ProsI worked with a great group of talented individuals that worked their butts off in the supports staff. A lot of social events.

ConsIt seems like only individuals that worked in accounting were promoted to management positions. Nepotism is alive and well. Family members are hired with NO experience what so ever. Management lacks the skills to really compete with JLL, Cassidy or Cushman. Also, there was a lack of resources, such as updated computers. If you are in good with the senior operations manager then you're good. If not, you will have an old run down computer and have to repeatedly ask for a new one. Management is very cheap when not comes to supporting support staff with proper equipment. Was told that there are no more lap tops to have, but every new employee that worked there received a lap top. Bottom line, support staff management is so concerned with going to social brokerage events or just being seen, that they fail to do their damn jobs. Very hard moving up in the company and diversity is not really practiced. Women are still not represented well in the brokerage field at this company. I don't see CBRE being the top for too much longer.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou preach you want to be a top global firm, but do not execute the necessary practices like other competitors are ACTUALLY doing. When you support your support staff then they will produce too notch deliverables. Until then, you will always lag behind JLL.

RISE

ProsCompensation and work flexibility along with peers-good people.

ConsLack of equality in application of RISE values. Management is overly ambitious and political to a fault.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and consider all views and show balance in review of information and treatment of all. Do the right thing.

Good for Strong Experience

Graphic and Print Specialist (Current Employee)
    Anaheim, CA

ProsIntense environment where stakes are high leads to strong experience and growth in production & customer service.

ConsPay is below market value / Revolving door as the pay ratio to demands of the job is unbalanced

Advice to Senior ManagementTalent can be brought in, but a higher-than-market value compensation for the demands & challenges is what will keep them there.

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CBRE reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CBRE CEO Robert E. Sulentic. All 453 reviews posted anonymously by CBRE employees.