CBRE

CBRE Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

CBRE President & CEO Robert E. Sulentic

Robert E. Sulentic

Pros
  • There is no work-life balance and they always try to low-ball when you get hired(in 23 reviews)

• Best in business for commercial real estate(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance not always honored due to competitiveness within the company(in 14 reviews)

• May just focus on upper management development rather than the lower ranks(in 18 reviews)

Disappointing

Senior Manager (Former Employee) New Delhi (India)

ProsSome remarkable Leaderships in the Mumbai office from 2005 to 2012. And an unmatched Office Services team which set the tone of a culture that promoted zero rivalry translating into an extremely constructive learning and growth oriented environment. A large client base mandated as well as locally generated business.

ConsA conservative outlook where one is given a comission based on no disclosures ensuring a non-transparency since its inception.
    An extremely disrespectful set of Senior Management in the Headquarter Delhi.
    A philosophy to hire based on limited competencies to ensure a small commission payouts thereby ensuring an insulated system of checks.
    Zero HR function since its inception.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile conducting business with immense finesse may be your forte but a series of dissatisfied employees in a company which once had the prime edge based on an excellent work culture should be concerning.

I am very lucky to work for CBRE. It provides people in my profession with opportunities to make differences globally.

Senior Program Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCompany that focuses on my field. Many opportunities for service professionals.

ConsBecause you are embedded on an account, you have many leaders and sometimes opposing - you have your company and leadership, you have the regional leadership, as well as the customer. Regional leadership tends to allow silos on the account. This is good if you have a good leader, it is very very bad if you have an incompetent leader.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch your Alliance Directors more carefully and listen to staff.

Worst work experience of a lifetime

ProsPto and holiday pay

ConsAbsolutely the worst support from management ever. Manager dumped as much of her job responsibilities on her staff as possible and continually harrassed with countless emails and other imature tactics. No support from hr and upper management. CBRE solves problems by punishing staff who dare to tell the truth. So much for no retaliation if a grievence is filed.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen the truth smacks you in the face, grow a pair and do the right thing. Way too worried about self image. My manager is so terrible and incompetent that I truly believe if she had a tattoo on her forehead that said "idiot" she would actually get a promotion.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company to Work for

Managing Director (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsVery progressive, work-life balance, values are strong

ConsNeed to add additonal marketing support

Great People, Management is lacking

Researcher (Former Employee)

ProsI worked with a great group of talented individuals that worked their butts off in the supports staff. A lot of social events.

ConsIt seems like only individuals that worked in accounting were promoted to management positions. Nepotism is alive and well. Family members are hired with NO experience what so ever. Management lacks the skills to really compete with JLL, Cassidy or Cushman. Also, there was a lack of resources, such as updated computers. If you are in good with the senior operations manager then you're good. If not, you will have an old run down computer and have to repeatedly ask for a new one. Management is very cheap when not comes to supporting support staff with proper equipment. Was told that there are no more lap tops to have, but every new employee that worked there received a lap top. Bottom line, support staff management is so concerned with going to social brokerage events or just being seen, that they fail to do their damn jobs. Very hard moving up in the company and diversity is not really practiced. Women are still not represented well in the brokerage field at this company. I don't see CBRE being the top for too much longer.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou preach you want to be a top global firm, but do not execute the necessary practices like other competitors are ACTUALLY doing. When you support your support staff then they will produce too notch deliverables. Until then, you will always lag behind JLL.

RISE

ProsCompensation and work flexibility along with peers-good people.

ConsLack of equality in application of RISE values. Management is overly ambitious and political to a fault.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and consider all views and show balance in review of information and treatment of all. Do the right thing.

Good for Strong Experience

Graphic and Print Specialist (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA

ProsIntense environment where stakes are high leads to strong experience and growth in production & customer service.

ConsPay is below market value / Revolving door as the pay ratio to demands of the job is unbalanced

Advice to Senior ManagementTalent can be brought in, but a higher-than-market value compensation for the demands & challenges is what will keep them there.

Had a horrible time.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits are good and you get your paycheck on time.

ConsHaving someone look over your shoulder all the time and told that everything you do is wrong, gets tiring really fast.

Great company with professional atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with professionals in the top company in the industry. Not necessary to explain who your company is to potential clients. Any information you need is at your finger tips and most companies use information from this company. Plenty of staff to help so you can focus on your business.

ConsAlthough the company's learning program is considered the best, the reality is that it is far from it. Not everything can be taught from a computer. The company's brand is so well known that most of the older brokers rarely have to pick up a phone to get business. They then have a hard time teaching the younger brokers because it has been so long since they last cold called.

lots of people with arrogance o

Vice President - Corporate Services (Current Employee)

ProsSalary very good and decent bonus

ConsNot much chance of promotion unless you are in their main office

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to the staff and live your values

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!