CBRE

CBRE Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

CBRE President & CEO Robert E. Sulentic

Robert E. Sulentic

Pros
  • There is no work-life balance and they always try to low-ball when you get hired (in 24 reviews)

• Best in business for commercial real estate (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance not always honored due to competitiveness within the company (in 14 reviews)

• May just focus on upper management development rather than the lower ranks (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

CBRE is a Fair employer.

Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsCBRE has decent benefits and is a fair employer. Large company with many international and national clients / accounts, so there is great opportunity to move up in Facilities Management and Project Management.

ConsOffice culture varies from account to account. Perks also vary and rely mostly on client approval and on individual account’s senior leadership. Rewards / Perks generally do not trickle down the totem pole unless your management team fights for you. Landing on a great account with a client that is satisfied with CBRE Services is the key. …Good Luck

Advice to Senior ManagementTake action and don't forget about the little people that make the organization work and maintain the client relationship. Investing and promoting continuous learning would help improve moral, ensure growth and loyalty from your employees.

I wish I was still there

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSpent nearly seven years with the company and enjoyed my time spent. Meet and work with some really good people.

ConsI will say there is the proverbial politics to be played but you can get by playing the game. I would say they need to focus on the support staffs more and less on executives.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on support staffs more and cut out the useless middle to lower upper management positions and CBRE will shine more

Several Years Under My Belt

Prosstable, growing company; competitive firm

ConsI don't have any cons for this company

Advice to Senior Managementthink about allowing more telecommute or other work/life balance options, and having more transparency regarding salary ranges, etc.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at CBRE

Real Estate Event Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat place to work if you are focused on customer service.

ConsTakes longer than it should to promote.

CBRE was an outstanding company to work for.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsExtremely professional company to work for. My "boss" was an excellent mentor. Benefits were outstanding - and i was provided the opportunity to make my own schedule.

ConsA lot of process - but this comes with any big company. The smart employees learn to work the system.

fruitful expeirence and learnt to deal with challenging situations at CBRE!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIts one of the best firms in construction industry in India

Conslate working hours hampers the work life balance

CBRE

ProsThe company does care about it's employees and has nice benefit progrms.

ConsThe biggest draw back is the low pay. They make up for it in other ways such as moral events.

Great company to learn

ProsGreat people to work with and learn from. The office I worked in gave employees opportunities to grow.

ConsOnce you have hit a certain level you must move on. They look to other client offices for the better opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order for the employees around you to grow you need to nourish them.

`Director of project management

Director (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsHigh caliber professionals work there. Good benefits. Nice offices. Highly engaged staff. Stable. #1 in their industry in most markets. Highly respected by others. Good long-term planning. Some opportunities for growth and advancement. Fun.

Conssalaries are not the highest. politics interfere with strategy and operations.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time on developing the staff.

CBRE is the best Company to work for in Southern California.

Regional Senior Construction Project Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsAll the projects that CBRE gets are first rated, the compensation they provided is great.

ConsThe time off policies are sometimes hard if you work with a client and there is NO one to take your place while you are on vacations.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is very hard to apply to the web site.

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!