CBRE Reviews

Reset
2.0
CBRE President & CEO Robert E. Sulentic
Robert E. Sulentic

Pros
  • The work-life balance was very good (in 28 reviews)

• Leading Commercial Real Estate firm in New England with ability to leverage CBRE's global platform (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is non-existent (in 17 reviews)

• The confidence in upper management has faltered due to the fact that they do not support the recriuiters or provide any guidance for the future (in 21 reviews)

1. GIS Technician

Current Employee - GIS Technician
    Current Employee - GIS Technician

Pros

Great co-workers who make the job fun and enjoyable. Don't take work home since everything has to be done on company servers.

Cons

No growth potential or opportunities. Pay does not reflect the day to day duties accurately, much less than should be for the work that is completed.

Advice to Management

Pay the employees more so they have an incentive to stay with the company.

2. Facilities Manager

I have been working at CBRE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall good company with good intentions.

Cons

Good company, however allows client to directly manage team. There is a great disconnect on how vendor management and client management works. Therefore, is unsuccessful with execution of plans. Seems odd give they are concerned about co-employment issues.

Advice to Management

Hire managers that actually know how to manage people and work well with client.

3. Senior Property Manager

Former Employee - Senior Real Estate Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Real Estate Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CBRE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Multitude of opportunities offered for growth. Competitive pay. Support of continued education.

Cons

Grueling hours, high expectations with little training.

5. Good Place to Start - But KEEP LOOKING!

I have been working at CBRE full-time

Pros

Co-workers. Paid Time Off. Benefits.

Cons

Overworked. No Training. Inept Senior Management. Constant Changes. No Advancement unless you are "chosen" or best friends with upper management.

Advice to Management

Where to begin......Managers need accountability to their direct reports. There is currently no recourse to the employee when Manager reviews are false. Training is non-existent to new hires. Sitting with an employee and trying to "catch on" isn't efficient or productive. Managers have no time to answer questions. The frustration level is through the roof. The core values are all but ignored. Senior Management takes orders from corporate, even to the department's detriment.

Unprofessional Senior Management

Former Employee - Assistant Real Estate Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Real Estate Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Basic benefits and salary package.

Cons

Management is not involved with staff or staffing issues. When approached about unethical practices they looked the other way. I was treated unfairly constantly being told my position was unnecessary from my immediate supervisor. I was bullied until I had no recourse but to resign my position to the manager who was causing the issues. No one from management ever contacted me. I find this unfair and I find it unprofessional. For all of the ethics training we were required to complete I cannot believe they acted in this manner. Shame on you CBRE.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes to the people you have in charge. Not everyone is who you think they are. Good luck.

7. I wouldn't recommend it

Current Employee - Transaction Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Transaction Manager in Overland Park, KS

Pros

Very flexible; good work/life balance

Cons

Employees are treated like draft horses and paid about as well.

Advice to Management

Retaining quality employees takes at least nominal effort.

Good job low pay

Pros

Good job, coworkers are nice and work hard

Cons

Incompetent management, overworked staff, very little promotion $

9. Needs To Do Better

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at CBRE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Resume booster Great access to shakers and movers in industry

Cons

Corporate management really stifles growth of support staff only way to move up is to leave and come back lack of real diversity in brokerage (less than 5 African American brokers in the whole DC, MD, VA area, but they preach it on their website) no real value put on support staff, given crumbs and expected to produce top quality work old equipment no real training for support staff

Advice to Management

Recent management changes are good. Corporate has to understand that like JLL, you have to invest and be competitive in this industry. CBRE is the biggest, but the pay is the lowest. Other companies get it and invest in technology as well as their people. When you do this you can expect top quality work. Until then you will only be able to hire subpar talent.

Project Coordinator

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Brea, CA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Brea, CA

I worked at CBRE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent training, generally good people, RISE Values.

Cons

No promotional opportunities. They make you believe there are opportunities, then change the requirements and you are no longer eligible. Some managers really let power get to their heads.

Advice to Management

Look at the talent you have before it leaves.

Things aren

Pros

You will get the opportunity to learn more than what you were hired to do, but without the pay.

Cons

Leadership and Upper Salaried positions receive bonuses. I was told at my interview that the company encouraged promotions and for employees to apply for higher positions, yet was told there was no money in the budget for three quarters when there was. You will be given more job responsibilities with no more money and it will never change. You will be hired at a position where you will be stuck. Honesty isn't always the policy, their RISE values are far from represented. You are expected to take on more work with no recognition of your skills and how much you do, you will never be appreciated for it. There is no equal opportunity,

Advice to Management

I would suggest a closer following up on site managers, higher up leaders by teams instead of just thinking things are being done with the consideration of employees and integrity. It might actually benefit the company to have employees who can speak highly of those that hired them and know that employees interests are also top on their list, not just their own.

RSS Feed </> Embed