CBRE

CBRE Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

CBRE President & CEO Robert E. Sulentic

Robert E. Sulentic

Pros
  • There is no work-life balance and they always try to low-ball when you get hired (in 24 reviews)

• Best in business for commercial real estate (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance not always honored due to competitiveness within the company (in 14 reviews)

• May just focus on upper management development rather than the lower ranks (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

The best national real estate company with good reason.

Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsA structured and organized real estate organization filled with highly professional individuals. Those who can't produce will not flourish here.

ConsSome may view this as a con - internal training takes a little time at this organization. It pays large dividends long-term.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management is very highly structured. If you are at team player and well qualified you can succeed in this highly organized environment. It has been my experience that Senior Management is willing to become involved and offer support as much as needed.

I love this place

ProsThis place has a great friendly, but business attitude. As long as you get your work down there is time to laugh and play. Some senior managers are here to help you and pull you to the top!

ConsSome people dont enjoy seeing others move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the communication open and want the best for each employee

Dynamic, empowering work environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

Prosdynamic corporate culture, empowering, career advancement opportunities, ethical company, industry leader, diversity

ConsThe company has over 44,000 employees worldwide, so if you're looking to become a big player within a company, certainly the challenge is steeper. That said, the company does everything possible to set you up to succeed, because your success is the company's success, so there are very few artificial ceilings.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome company to work for!

Analyst (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat perks, highly motivated individuals, well known across the globe, whats not to like.

ConsYou can work all day, 7 days a week and there will still be more work to do.

Great people to work with

ProsGreat, talented people to work with. Great presence in the market.

ConsHas silos and harder to build client base because of internal competition.

SAFETY FIRST

Building Engineer (Current Employee) Staten Island, NY

ProsThere's always work to be done

ConsSalary doesn't compensate for cost of living

Good Company, but lacks "family" environment

ProsKnowledgeable people, available/open management, growing company

ConsSuch a large company, you lose the "family" environment; benefits are decent but are not great for a Fortune 500 company

Significantly Underpaid - Unreasonable Expectations - No Opportunity For Growth

Assistant Real Estate Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe chance to work with institutional clients on a variety of assets.

ConsAssistant Manager in Orange County, CA: If you're experienced and motivated except to work 10+ hours a day; compensation is significantly below market rate; absolutely no defined scope of work and no room for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementA corporation is only as valuable as its leaders. Excessive workload combined with a submarket compensation package only drives away the talent which allows CBRE to be such a profitable entity. More importantly it jeopardises the integrity of the firm as a whole and puts the entire corporation at severe risk...

I am very lucky to work for CBRE. It provides people in my profession with opportunities to make differences globally.

Senior Program Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCompany that focuses on my field. Many opportunities for service professionals.

ConsBecause you are embedded on an account, you have many leaders and sometimes opposing - you have your company and leadership, you have the regional leadership, as well as the customer. Regional leadership tends to allow silos on the account. This is good if you have a good leader, it is very very bad if you have an incompetent leader.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch your Alliance Directors more carefully and listen to staff.

Great experience in an established, corporate atmosphere.

Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsThe culture will depend on the team you're working with. In general, it's a pretty laid back but professional environment. There are a lot of holidays per a banking schedule. Easy work life balance.

ConsThe environment is very clique oriented. If you're in a marketing position, it's great for new graduates but not a lot of room for growth unless you get on the corporate team. A lot of blatant favoritism, based on if you're in the good ol' boys club. Promotions seem to be based on personal standing more than your work.

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!