CBRE Reviews

Reset

1. Treasury Analyst

Former Employee - TREASURY ANALYST - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - TREASURY ANALYST - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CBRE (Less than a year)

Pros

Exciting place to work if you are into global treasury and/or treasury management systems

Cons

Restrictive controls using the treasury management system. Controls oppressively rigid and chips away at employee moral. Stress is high because every mistake is noticed. Demand is that things get done at speed but roadblocks are put in the way that make that next to impossible.

2. Good Company

Pros

Loved working for CBRE on the Microsoft account. Which allow me to work at the Microsoft Irving campus.

Cons

very difficult to transfer within the company. Very difficult to advance your career.

Advice to Management

Management needs more training.

3. Brokerage

Current Employee - Vice President in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Miami, FL

I have been working at CBRE (More than 10 years)

Pros

CBRE is a well respected, international platform that transacts numerous and often complicated and complex real estate transactions. The only Fortune 500 real estate company in the world.

Cons

All management decisions tend favor the top income makers often to the determent of less fortunate producers. I've had a top producer change or refuse to pay me legitimate referral fees whereas in the reverse, I paid him every dime. Management does not want to risk angering their top producers.

Advice to Management

There should be some type of remedy to resolve legitimate commission grievances. I understand the local management does not want to anger their top producer but that producer is not acting in good faith and is taking advantage of those being team players.

A great company with A LOT of opportunities!

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CBRE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Even if you start as an intern, you can work your way up within a relatively short time due to the vast number of departments and business lines that are supported by CBRE. Some accounts can be more demanding than others but those that put in the work will be rewarded. Account contract renewals are never guaranteed but CBRE does an excellent job at getting employees moved to other accounts that are in need. The company also has a great recognition program that makes employees feel valued. Rest assured, CBRE is a company that is growing leaps and bounds. The JCI GWS acquisition is a huge win for the company and will open up even more opportunities. If you end up on an account that you don't like, find another one - they are everywhere.

Cons

Medical benefits aren't all that great for the premiums paid (high deductible and OOP even for their 2nd best plan). Accounts never really interact with each other which is a real missed opportunity. Internal networking with low & mid-level managers would be nice but most of the time it's just the upper management that gets those interactions because they know upper managers on other accounts.

Advice to Management

Host some events in major cities that will encourage engagement with employees across different accounts, departments, and business lines.

6. Associate Project Manager

Former Employee - Project Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at CBRE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Variation of projects throughout California. Ability to travel and experience all different types of projects. Ability to transfer to other accounts and pick up knowledge. Ability to manage projects on your own, no micro managing.

Cons

Long hours, frequent changes in Scope, budget and schedule. approvals take long, KPI are difficult to keep with. Lots of administrative paperwork. not enough time to manage projects.

Advice to Management

If you learn as much as you can from an account, its time to move to the next and get as much experience as you can. The more experience you have the more valuable you are. PMP and LEED accreditations aren't always a must, but does look good on your resume.

7. Communications & Media Manager

Current Employee - Communications & Media Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Communications & Media Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CBRE (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible working location and hours, exposure to many clients and industries

Cons

Difficult to move up unless you are in a technical role, work/life balance is difficult if you work for the platform

8. Entry Level Experience

I have been working at CBRE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

World-class training, vast resources, brilliant people, respected brand

Cons

long hours, expect to do work that may not lead to results, low pay/full commission

9. Solid organization

Pros

Strong support from upper management and its visionary objective to become truly world class means this, and its stock, is a horse to ride for years to come.

Cons

Poor runway for new employees, who often feel lost due to entrepreneurial/brokerage nature of organization (everyone for themselves). Local geographical teams are where the support will come, and maybe that's all that's required in a mammoth organization.

Advice to Management

Less transactional and more value-added services. Clients want to feel special as well as specially priced; built-in services as a part of that relationship builds longevity and, ultimately, greater revenue.

10. Director

Pros

Great entrepreneurial atmosphere and great culture.

Cons

Very minimal downside. Rapidly growing in many sectors.

Unprofessional Senior Management

Former Employee - Assistant Real Estate Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Real Estate Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Basic benefits and salary package.

Cons

Management is not involved with staff or staffing issues. When approached about unethical practices they looked the other way. I was treated unfairly constantly being told my position was unnecessary from my immediate supervisor. I was bullied until I had no recourse but to resign my position to the manager who was causing the issues. No one from management ever contacted me. I find this unfair and I find it unprofessional. For all of the ethics training we were required to complete I cannot believe they acted in this manner. Shame on you CBRE.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes to the people you have in charge. Not everyone is who you think they are. Good luck.

RSS Feed </> Embed