CBRE

CBRE Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated Feb 26, 2014

CBRE President & CEO Robert E. Sulentic

Robert E. Sulentic

Pros
  • There is no work-life balance and they always try to low-ball when you get hired (in 24 reviews)

• Best in business for commercial real estate (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance not always honored due to competitiveness within the company (in 14 reviews)

• May just focus on upper management development rather than the lower ranks (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights
9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

good

Project Coordinator (Former Employee) San Ramon, CA

Prosteamwork concept that worked very well

Constemp work only but would like to have stayed

Great place to work at

Project Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsLarge company to work for with a lot of training opportunities, there are many regional offices to transfer too and the company is very structured.

ConsWith a large company as this one it is hard to move up and be prompted.

Great So Far

Real Estate Services Coordinator (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsHuge Company, great resources and great opportunities

ConsHuge company, could have better benefits

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One Year

Project Coordinator (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFlexible work schedule and good benefits

ConsPoor upper management. Pay inequality. Glass ceiling for woman

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistent pay scale. Equal pay for equal work

Good Pay/Benefits, No Opportunity for Growth

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsAs an admin assistant in the San Francisco area, the pay was decent, and the benefits were fairly comprehensive. They also provided free commuters checks which were a tremendous help since I was commuting daily from the East Bay.

ConsAbsolutely no room for growth as an admin. We never received a raise for cost-of-living increase, (due to the economy) and it was often feast or famine as far as consistent work. More often than not I had to find things to do to keep myself busy.

CB Richard Ellis

Project Finance Coordinator (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsProfessional working Environment with room to advance and grow. Great exposure to the commercial real estate industry as well as investment.

ConsLong work hours, high performance driven, stress and pressure involve

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more team oriented, and more empowerment to the employees at the entry level

Good for its industry, but inferior compared to other large public companies

Director (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsHuge network of professionals in various commercial estate positions around the globe.

ConsBrokerage culture, with poor information sharing, poor benefits from employees, and weak central management.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiscouraging hording of internal information and creating adversarial relationship between brokerage and other groups.

Pluses and minues

Director (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsProfessionalism, honesty, great quality of work, top notch clients ,flat organization, fun culture, people seem willing to collaborate, growing company

Constenure based, incompetent management, operation as individual units (not truly global), pay to talent misaligned, advancement difficult as perf measurement metric are weak

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to develop middle management people and retain talent pool - very few CBRE lifers. Invest more in learning and development.

I love being at CB Richard Ellis

Senior Research Coordinator (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThere are many good reasons to work at CB Richard Ellis: Name recognition, quality management, quality peers, passionate support staff, networking opportunities. However, I'd say that the best reason is the wealth of global opportunities within every avenue of commercial real estate.

ConsIt is an extremely large organization and, as with any Fortune 500 company, it can be easy to get lost in the shuffle. Other than that, most negatives are the same as you'd find at any large public company. Occasional disconnect between levels of management, extreme penny pinching, territorial competitions, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue on the path you've been blazing. Our rapid growth will payoff in value creation when the markets begin to turn back. We are the preeminent real estate company in the world and it is due to strong leadership and a core of the best real estate professionals in the world.

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!