CBS Corp

Be The First To
Add Photos

CBS Corp President, CEO, and Director Les Moonves

Les Moonves

Pros
  • Large company with adequate employee benefits(in 4 reviews)

• Employees are basically left on their own since senior management and HR are very aloof(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of cohesive company culture or fair and equitable pay and benefits(in 3 reviews)

• No real cons, benefits were good, working environment was good(in 3 reviews)

Good Company to start a career

Tax Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros$0.70 401 k match, paid sick, vacation, flexible time, excellent staff and senior management, large company

Consno growth, low possibility of promotion due to low staff turnover, can do the same job over and over again, no rotation

Overall good company

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Studio City, CA

ProsExcellent benefits. Nice people. Stability. Yearly (minimal) raise.

ConsUnless you plan on being an assistant for a VERY long time, it's a dead end job. No real performance reviews. No room for growth. Many departments are structured with assistants and executives, which makes it hard for assistants to move up within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure departments so that employees who enter the company as assistants and want to move up within the company can.

Good company, good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCBS is a very dynamic company to work for and one that I enjoyed working for as a whole. I was fortunate enough to spend time with senior management, who I thought were excellent. In addition, my supervisor was great, and my colleagues and I all got along very well.

ConsThere are certainly plenty of individuals within the company that do not believe in change, nor do they even want to hear about it. Getting things finished is very challenging and takes a very long time.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople are not neccesarily aligned to do what is best for the company, more or less what is best for their department or their Division. I think some changes in goal setting and alignment could go a long way.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Les Moonves has made this once again the Tiffany Network

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Hollywood, CA

ProsClear goals, great taste, and great team effort

ConsHampered by an aging demographic base

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being the most watch television network. My mother loves your shows.

Mostly professional people, great place to work.

Producer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsSupportive of family and personal time off.
    Professional co workers. Newsroom is a team. Pay is ok. Benefits and insurance are great.

ConsSome senior producers need to retire or move on. Favoritism. Managers can basically do what they want. Miss tons of days of work or 'work from home' advancing to different shows and departments is difficult. Being a woman and mother held me back advancing. And I have worked any and every schedule so I know my work ethic is flawless. Promoting from within is rare in my department. But it has improved over the last year.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward dedicated, smart people that have stayed with CBS... Instead of hiring outside.

Friendly workers with a work environment that lacks the motivation and drive to improve the company

Production (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsPeople are really nice and helpful. The producers and employees will help you network with people in different departments so you have opportunities and experience different jobs you might be interested in.

ConsThe management is designed as a hierarchy so managers fail to address problems employees have, employees feel distant from manager to prevent them from saying strategies that could help improve the company's work efficiency. The lack of opinion and lack of company culture produces a work environment that is very bland and boring.

Good name on resume, but not a good work experience

Supervisor (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe salary is great and fair!

ConsManagement showed favoritism; Skills are not marketable;

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to be fair in your assessment of employees

A learning experience

Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat corporate culture. Team building.

ConsTeam building for sales staff and upper management only.

Management

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsSome team members were great to work with

ConsNo real mid level leadership. Too much top pressure and mid level leaders are not allowed to truly lead

Advice to Senior ManagementLead

CBS was a great no nonsense work experience where it was clear that the employees acknowledged the prestigious history.

Broadcast Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsVery friendly coworkers and staff, even among those you don't directly work with.

ConsOld and outdated computers, as well as the massive bureaucracy can make decisions move slow. Ie "red tape"

Worked for CBS Corp? Contribute to the Community!