CBS Corp Reviews

Fun while it lasted

Former Employee - Executive
    Former Employee - Executive

I worked at CBS Corp full-time

Pros

great bunch of people there

Cons

needed clearer direction of what was next

Tax

Former Employee - Tax in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Tax in New York, NY

I worked at CBS Corp part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good start to intern for, Corporate environment. good training I really like the fact that I got to be exposed to tax

Cons

The competitive atmosphere. They say they have open door policy that they really dont. Lots of politics involve will not work here average tax salary

Exceptional company. CBS is the only entertainment run company purely dedicated to content.

I have been working at CBS Corp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

CBS offers a plethora of opportunities vertically and horizontally across the country. Proprietary tools and level of professionalism is 2nd to non in our industry.

Cons

The competitive intensity rewards hard work and dedication; It does not, however, provide advancement opportunities for profressionals looking for more of a work-life balance ... which is ok if one doesnt want to rise in the ranks or make themselves less expendible.

Advice to Management

Upper management should continue to allow, respect and encourage feedback as well as ideas for improving best practices. Short term day to day focus on investors needs more balance in allowing for long-term strategies.

Disappointed

Current Employee - Digital Account Manager in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Digital Account Manager in Southfield, MI

I have been working at CBS Corp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The compensation here was overall nice

Cons

When I accepted the position I was really looking forward to working with the company on the national team. Upon accepting the position I was told that I was going to NY the headquarters to be trained. Once I began the position almost a 2 weeks went by where they didn't have my computer set-up. The Account Executive I worked for had no clue what to do with me nor did she had an understanding of my position and she was the one who hired me!!!!!!!

I received one week of training and it was not in depth at all I had to learn everything on my own which made it difficult to adjust. The Digital Account Executive I worked with was absolutely horrible to work with. She would tell me something was due on wed really it was mon. She never responded to emails, she would give me a really short amount of time to complete assignments. Her communication was absolutely horrible. I was not the only person that felt that she was horrible to work!!!.

Advice to Management

MANAGE!!!!!!!

Good Company to start a career

Current Employee - Tax Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Tax Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at CBS Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

$0.70 401 k match, paid sick, vacation, flexible time, excellent staff and senior management, large company

Cons

no growth, low possibility of promotion due to low staff turnover, can do the same job over and over again, no rotation

Overall good company

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Studio City, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Studio City, CA

I worked at CBS Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits. Nice people. Stability. Yearly (minimal) raise.

Cons

Unless you plan on being an assistant for a VERY long time, it's a dead end job. No real performance reviews. No room for growth. Many departments are structured with assistants and executives, which makes it hard for assistants to move up within the company.

Advice to Management

Restructure departments so that employees who enter the company as assistants and want to move up within the company can.

Good company, good experience

I worked at CBS Corp full-time

Pros

CBS is a very dynamic company to work for and one that I enjoyed working for as a whole. I was fortunate enough to spend time with senior management, who I thought were excellent. In addition, my supervisor was great, and my colleagues and I all got along very well.

Cons

There are certainly plenty of individuals within the company that do not believe in change, nor do they even want to hear about it. Getting things finished is very challenging and takes a very long time.

Advice to Management

People are not neccesarily aligned to do what is best for the company, more or less what is best for their department or their Division. I think some changes in goal setting and alignment could go a long way.

Mostly professional people, great place to work.

Current Employee - Producer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Producer in New York, NY

I have been working at CBS Corp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Supportive of family and personal time off.
    Professional co workers. Newsroom is a team. Pay is ok. Benefits and insurance are great.

Cons

Some senior producers need to retire or move on. Favoritism. Managers can basically do what they want. Miss tons of days of work or 'work from home' advancing to different shows and departments is difficult. Being a woman and mother held me back advancing. And I have worked any and every schedule so I know my work ethic is flawless. Promoting from within is rare in my department. But it has improved over the last year.

Advice to Management

Reward dedicated, smart people that have stayed with CBS... Instead of hiring outside.

Les Moonves has made this once again the Tiffany Network

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I worked at CBS Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Clear goals, great taste, and great team effort

Cons

Hampered by an aging demographic base

Advice to Management

Keep being the most watch television network. My mother loves your shows.

Friendly workers with a work environment that lacks the motivation and drive to improve the company

Former Employee - Production in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Production in Washington, DC

I worked at CBS Corp (Less than a year)

Pros

People are really nice and helpful. The producers and employees will help you network with people in different departments so you have opportunities and experience different jobs you might be interested in.

Cons

The management is designed as a hierarchy so managers fail to address problems employees have, employees feel distant from manager to prevent them from saying strategies that could help improve the company's work efficiency. The lack of opinion and lack of company culture produces a work environment that is very bland and boring.